Windows 10: How can i disable task scheduler?

Discus and support How can i disable task scheduler? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to be able to do the tasks when i want to so i dont need task sceduler but the only option that works changing the schedule startup to 4 but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by smirk24, Jan 24, 2017.

1. smirk24 Win User

How can i disable task scheduler?

I want to be able to do the tasks when i want to so i dont need task sceduler but the only option that works changing the schedule startup to 4 but after a restart my taskbar is crippled does anyone know how to successfully turn it off?

:)

smirk24, Jan 24, 2017
  2. TAFFY0951 Win User

How can I get into Task Manager to enable or disable?

How can I get into Task Manager to enable or disable?

TAFFY0951, Jan 24, 2017
  3. Jsssssssss, Jan 24, 2017
  4. LMiller7 Win User

You really shouldn't be disabling the Task Scheduler service in a modern version of Windows. Prior to XP the service was primarily a convenience for the user but starting with XP Windows itself started using it. Later versions use it extensively and many third party applications do so as well. If you disable the service you must accept that many things will not work properly. In Vista and later the Service Control manager will not disable or stop the service. You can disable it with the registry but you cannot escape the consequences.

LMiller7, Jan 24, 2017
Thema:

1. How can i disable task scheduler? - Similar Threads - disable task scheduler

2. How to enable or disable Scheduled Task in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Scheduled Task in Windows 11/10: [IMG]Task Scheduler is a built-in component in Windows OS that lets the user schedule tasks (like Scheduling a Shutdown or Restart) for a particular date and time. On its interface, you can see the status of every scheduled task. If you see the status as Ready, it means that...
  3. How to delay a Scheduled Task in Windows 10 Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 News
    How to delay a Scheduled Task in Windows 10 Task Scheduler: [ATTACH]People who use their Windows 10 computer as a professional resort must know what an important role the Task Scheduler can play. Deploying your efforts in work may require you to perform certain tasks daily, and you can create and automate these tasks with the help of...
  4. scheduled tasks get disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    scheduled tasks get disabled: scheduled tasks on my system get randomly disabled. don't seem to discern any pattern on when that might happen, but more often than not it's the case when i go to task scheduler. googling this says that avast maybe the culprit, but changing its options makes no difference...
  5. What Could Be Disabling Batch Files Scheduled in Task Scheduler?

in Windows 10 Support
    What Could Be Disabling Batch Files Scheduled in Task Scheduler?: I'm using Win10 Pro 2004. I go to Win-R > taskschd.msc > Task Scheduler Library. I see a number of batch files that I have scheduled to run at various times. I see that today, like yesterday, their status is Disabled. Yesterday, when I saw that, I right-clicked > Enable. But...
  6. HOW TO SCHEDULE A TASK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO SCHEDULE A TASK: HELLO, I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO SCHEDULE A TASK TO RUN AUTOMATICALLY AT A CERTAIN HOUR IN WINDOWS 10. THANKS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-schedule-a-task/c6df2696-878b-4354-a0cf-fa2143a4f318
  7. Task Scheduler - All Tasks History disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task Scheduler - All Tasks History disabled: Hi, one of my clients has reported that All Tasks History in the task scheduler had been disabled, and that he wanted to know who had done it. I've determined the exact date and time when this occurred, but the logon logs for then have been turned over and I no longer have...
  8. Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Retry Scan Cannot be disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Retry Scan Cannot be disabled: I put my machine to sleep. It wakes up due to a task in Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator > Schedule Retry Scan [ATTACH] I am the administrator of my own home machine and I would like to disable this as I do NOT want my machine waking when I am not using it. This...
  9. Cannot Disable Task Scheduler Tasks

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Disable Task Scheduler Tasks: I thought I was the administrator? Apparently not. I wish there was a real equivalent to root on Windows, le sigh. How do I fix this? https://i.imgur.com/q1Qq4yf.png 109820
  10. No permission to disable a task in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    No permission to disable a task in Task Scheduler: Hello, I'm trying to disable a task in Task Scheduler, FCU 1709 as I always did with all previous versions of W 10 without problems. Now, when I go to Task Scheduler/Microsoft/Windows/Update Orchestrator/Scheduled Scan and trying to disable that task, I'm getting the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what scheduled tasks can i disable

2. green leaf task manager prevent windows update

3. task sceduler how do you remove it from computer?