Windows 10: How can i disable TASKBAR tooltips? NOT EXPLORER WINDOWS!

Discus and support How can i disable TASKBAR tooltips? NOT EXPLORER WINDOWS! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am annoyed at the taskbar tooltips. I pinned things there, i know what it is, stop reminding me. What makes it worse is that you can hover over it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MrFunreal, Aug 5, 2018.

1. MrFunreal Win User

How can i disable TASKBAR tooltips? NOT EXPLORER WINDOWS!

I am annoyed at the taskbar tooltips. I pinned things there, i know what it is, stop reminding me.
    What makes it worse is that you can hover over it for a fraction of a second, but it displays the title for four seconds.
    You see, i am using a modeling software that has important buttons righ tin the area that those tooltips cover up and i am going absolutely mental over the fact that i can not turn those annoying things off and i do not want to move my taskbar just because of those damn name tags popping up.

This is what i am talking about:

How can i disable TASKBAR tooltips? NOT EXPLORER WINDOWS! 9c9542c1-743b-4d9c-b01c-c911f29403e7?upload=true.gif

Before you say anything about "set registry key "ShowInfoTip" to 0". That disables everything BUT THE TASKBAR!

I have seen someone else ask this question here, where the person also specifically stated that it must be for the taskbar, but the "chosen answer" was not the answer to the question that was asked.

So does someone know how to disable tooltips for the TASKBAR? I repeat, TASKBAR, not explorer windows. i got those turned off,but the TASKBAR ones stayed on.

Cheers.

:)

MrFunreal, Aug 5, 2018

2. ids systray tooltip at Windows 10

Thank you for sharing the screenshot. The ids_systray tooltip is a Windows system process that manages the system tray icon. You don't need to worry about your personal files and configuration, this is a normal background process. You can hide it
    from the notification area by disabling it in Taskbar Settings.

• Click the Start button.
    • Type Taskbar settings. and then press
      Enter
    • Scroll down to Notification area.
    • Click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Disable ids_systray tooltip.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Devlin Sco, Aug 5, 2018
  3. HMVlaKov Win User
    windows 10 taskbar window thumbnail / preview - full window name tooltip missing

Hello,

---

This is important:

In "Taskbar properties" I have this option: Taskbar buttons: "Always combine".

---

With new user account, the same behavior.

If you, for example, open "File Explorer" with whatever long path (it must be long path): "C:\Windows\AppPatch\Custom\Custom64", Can you see the "tooltip" with "full path" "C:\Windows\AppPatch\Custom\Custom64" when hovering mouse over the "taskbar button"
    of the open "File explorer" task / preview window ?

When hovering the mouse over the "taskbar button" of the open "File explorer" no tooltip with the full path "C:\Windows\AppPatch\Custom\Custom64" is displayed and on the "taskbar window preview / thumbnail titlebar" I can see only incomplete path with ellipsis
    "..." at the end: "C:\Windows\AppPatch\C...".

Overall everything is working only the UI experience is a little bit complicated without the tooltip.

Thank you, best regards.

HMVlaKov, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Edwin Win User

Windows 10 Pro Taskbar tooltips and font color

Taskbar List or Thumbnail Previews Mode - Change - Windows 7 Help Forums

Edwin, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How can i disable TASKBAR tooltips? NOT EXPLORER WINDOWS! - Similar Threads - disable TASKBAR tooltips

2. How disable tooltip popups windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How disable tooltip popups windows 11?: Is there a way to disable these useless tooltips? if they pop in front some app/button, I just can't click on what is behind till I move mouse pointer away it's.No, it's not just disable "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items" this is for folders/files and...
  3. How disable tooltip popups windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How disable tooltip popups windows 11?: Is there a way to disable these useless tooltips? if they pop in front some app/button, I just can't click on what is behind till I move mouse pointer away it's.No, it's not just disable "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items" this is for folders/files and...
  4. How to disable taskbar tooltip?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable taskbar tooltip?: I need help to disable taskbar tooltip https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-taskbar-tooltip/3aacb1e8-932e-4312-bc3e-a693b5eb0994
  5. tooltips in taskbar

tooltips in taskbar: Anyone now how to stop tooltips when hovering over taskbar; Always in the way and never adding anything of value? I see the question appearing since a long time. So by now MS should have been able to present some solution... regedit??...
  6. Tooltips in taskbar list

Tooltips in taskbar list: I have the Windows setting to Always Combine buttons; when I click on a taskbar button it displays a list with the titles of the open windows (I have the registry setting Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband\NumThumnails DWORD...
  7. Has the "how to disable taskbar tooltips" issue been resolved yet?

Has the "how to disable taskbar tooltips" issue been resolved yet?: A number of posts have been made about this issue, and sadly Microsoft appear not to have addressed it. This is the main, most useful description of what is happening, along with an unfortunate slew of responses that appear to completely miss the...
  8. Seriously, how to disable taskbar tooltips? This question keeps getting asked by other...

Seriously, how to disable taskbar tooltips? This question keeps getting asked by other...: It's just started happening to me today. B***** annoying![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/seriously-how-to-disable-taskbar-tooltips-this/881b0625-9aed-4aa1-9903-61d87e173a02
  9. Any way to disable taskbar tooltips?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to disable taskbar tooltips?: Hi, whenever I'm working, taskbar tooltips get in my way if I happen to hover the mouse over the taskbar for a millisecond. It occurs because the software I'm using has buttons I use frequently at the bottom i.e. just above the taskbar. It's quite annoying. Take a look at...
  10. Seriously, how to disable taskbar tooltips? This question keeps getting asked by other...

Seriously, how to disable taskbar tooltips? This question keeps getting asked by other...: The most recent example is the one here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-taskbar-tooltips-not-explorer/8f01424f-56f9-4628-80dd-a17fe57ec6d8 As usual, a completely unrelated response from an "Independent Advisor" that didn't read the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable tooltip taskbar

2. disable taskbar tooltips

3. win 10 taskbar tooltips