Windows 10: How can I disable the fullscreen preview when I hover over a taskbar

Discus and support How can I disable the fullscreen preview when I hover over a taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Howdy, When I hover over an item on the taskbar, it gives me the little thumbnail preview of the program. This I'm OK with. However, when I then put... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kelemvor, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Kelemvor Win User

How can I disable the fullscreen preview when I hover over a taskbar

Howdy,

When I hover over an item on the taskbar, it gives me the little thumbnail preview of the program. This I'm OK with. However, when I then put my mouse on the thumbnail, it hides all the open programs and shows me that program as it would be if I clicked on it to bring it to the front. This is what I don't want.

Is there any way to turn that feature off? I don't know what it's called so am having trouble searching for a way to do this.

Thanks!

:)

Kelemvor, Jun 10, 2017

2. In Windows 10 when I hover over a Taskbar app icon I Do get a SMALL preview above, but when I hover over the Small Preview it USED to enlarge but since update it does not enlarge

In Windows 10 when I hover over a Taskbar app icon I Do get a SMALL preview above, but when I hover over the Small Preview it USED to enlarge but since update it does not enlarge

PeterHewes, Jun 10, 2017
  3. Taskbar

Hello, taskbar is in dire need of assistance.

When I hover my mouse over the taskbar, the icon I am hovering over will highlight as usual, but when I slide my mouse away from the taskbar the icon will stay highlighted. This becomes very annoying when I hover over an app that has more than 1 window open
    because it will continue to show the windows even after I go away from the taskbar. The taskbar will also stay on the screen when it sometimes shouldn't, for instance if I open a game that would normally be in fullscreen the taskbar will still remain on screen
    and be active. My Windows 10 is currently up to date, is there a fix to this?

MoTaskbarMoProblems, Jun 10, 2017
  4. mrgeek Win User

It always brings the program/app to the front when you click the thumbnail. If it's full screen, then that's the last state that you left it in. Just reduce the window size before you minimize to taskbar or use the 'task view' icon to view all open programs and just pick the one you want.

mrgeek, Jun 10, 2017
  5. Kelemvor Win User
    I know will do that when I CLICK on the thumbnail. I'm talking about when I HOVER over the thumbnail without clicking it. It hides all the other open programs and shows me what would be there IF I clicked the thumbnail.

Kelemvor, Jun 10, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jun 10, 2017
  7. Kelemvor Win User
    Thanks. Unchecking the Peek box (option3) took care of what I needed. Thanks.

Kelemvor, Jun 16, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I disable the fullscreen preview when I hover over a taskbar - Similar Threads - disable fullscreen preview

2. Taskbar appears when i hover over the bottom of my screen and i would like to disable it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar appears when i hover over the bottom of my screen and i would like to disable it: Taskbar appears when i hover over the bottom of my screen and i would like to disable it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-appears-when-i-hover-over-the-bottom-of-my/1435c25b-6e79-4fb7-84ea-6abdcb766423
  3. taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it: i cant access the taskbar when i hover the mouse over it if the windows is maximized once i minimise all the open applications i can access the taskbar as i hover the mouse over itit seems that the taskbar deos show on mouse hover but for some reason it is not able to overlap...
  4. taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it: i cant access the taskbar when i hover the mouse over it if the windows is maximized once i minimise all the open applications i can access the taskbar as i hover the mouse over itit seems that the taskbar deos show on mouse hover but for some reason it is not able to overlap...
  5. my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them: hello,my taskbar icons have stopped showing the preview when i hover over them the little window that is normally displayedcan anybody please assist me...
  6. my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them: hello,my taskbar icons have stopped showing the preview when i hover over them the little window that is normally displayedcan anybody please assist me...
  7. my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How to disable/turn off taskbar hover preview

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable/turn off taskbar hover preview: Can anyone help me figure out how to disablethe hover preview for taskbar apps in the latest updated windows 10? I tried via gpedit.msc but it is telling that gpedit.msc doesn't exist on my comp? thanks submitted by /u/SmychkaMayakovsky16 [link] [comments]...
  9. How to disable the title previews when hovering over an icon on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable the title previews when hovering over an icon on the taskbar?: Disable these little text previews when your mouse hovers over an icon on the taskbar? For some reason even when I cursor is somewhere else these annoying little shits are still taking up a precious 1% of my screen. submitted by /u/TheZergBerg [link] [comments]...
  10. How to stop previews when hovering over a taskbar button?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop previews when hovering over a taskbar button?: . After last night's Win update, I now have version 1803. This has broken my Taskbar Tweaker. Therefore, when I hover the mouse over a button, there's now a popup preview. How can I stop the preview? Thanks. 110514