Windows 10: How can I do a Windows 10 reset to factory settings without it getting stuck?

Discus and support How can I do a Windows 10 reset to factory settings without it getting stuck? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is an urgent request because I've been trying for up to a week or more, and I have lung surgery on Tuesday the 14th coming up, also, I have no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaryLast, Aug 9, 2018.

1. MaryLast Win User

How can I do a Windows 10 reset to factory settings without it getting stuck?

This is an urgent request because I've been trying for up to a week or more, and I have lung surgery on Tuesday the 14th coming up, also, I have no idea what's going on but my Microsoft account, google and Face Book account has locked me out due to pw invalid reasons; makes no sense whatsoever. This morning I powered on the laptop, windows password invalid, gave me 3 security questions i passed, let me reset my password successfully, so I went straight to my Microsoft account, went to sign in, invalid pw; just 2 minutes later. something bad is going on and I don't know what, so I hope this reset takes care of all of this as well as the other problems going on. So far I have tried 3 windows 10 to factory reset and all three got stuck anywhere from 38% to 59% . The first two, I went ahead and kept the system after Windows Update did it's thing, but found those were a big mistake with the same problems as before. Lesson learned, I went to try again with some link a friend gave me that was supposed to not get stuck, but it had program incompatibilities. I think it was due to Vista. The program was Refresh Windows Tool.exe.

I really need to get a clean install 100% because this system has serious instability issues, even after the reset, it seemed like it might be going to be okay, but then the familiar problems started popping up so I cannot take any chances anymore, this needs to be done. I really hope you can provide me with a Windows 10 link, or even if this is not possible, maybe any other solutions? Thank you! oh, I should mention I am NOT an upper level experience IT expert. I'm not beginner either, but I still need to be explained to in a manner that I can understand, like, providing the proper commands and how to get there if that needs to be done, etc. Last week, I found I had to do partition commands, I was going in circles because I think of a partition problem? I've never messed with partitions before and I almost fainted, lol.

One more thing (sorry) I had created an IOS windows image just last week after purchasing an external DVD drive. Whatever article I was in that helped me to create it did NOT tell me that once created that I had to make it bootable, so there I was with an ISO windows image file, and when I tried to use it when I got this 0X800040 error and everything crashing down around me, I put my trusty CD in, and scratching my head on how to use it. Just letting you know how much experience I have here.

:)

MaryLast, Aug 9, 2018

2. Black screen after trying to reset back to factory settings. (Windows 10)

Hi Simen,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with black screen issue on Windows 10 . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or display driver is corrupt.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "reset my computer back to factory settings", are you referring that you have tried to perform rolling back to previous Operating System or performed Reset of Windows 10?
    • Are you able to see Windows 10 logo when you switch on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about troubleshooting on black screen related issues and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on black screen issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Reset to factory settings

No I love Windows 10.....but my computer was acting strange so I thought I would do a factory reset and put Windows 10 back onto my computer.

If I do create a bootable Windows 10 would I lose the recover drive information that comes with the computer?

Could you give me the steps to create a bootable of Windows 10.....I asked HP if there was anyway I could get Windows 10 put on it while they had it and they said no.

Thank you.

jeanniespc, Aug 9, 2018
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I do a Windows 10 reset to factory settings without it getting stuck? - Similar Threads - reset factory settings

2. How do I factory reset a windows 10 computor without the password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I factory reset a windows 10 computor without the password.: Hello, I need help factory resetting my father's old computer. It is on Windows 10. He passed away, and I don't know the password to his Microsoft account or PC. I tried to guess it multiple times, and it hasn't worked. I also tried the method where you hold shift press the...
  3. How do I factory reset a windows 10 computor without the password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I factory reset a windows 10 computor without the password.: Hello, I need help factory resetting my father's old computer. It is on Windows 10. He passed away, and I don't know the password to his Microsoft account or PC. I tried to guess it multiple times, and it hasn't worked. I also tried the method where you hold shift press the...
  4. How do I factory reset a windows 10 computor without the password.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to do a factory reset without password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to do a factory reset without password: I’m trying to get into a computer without knowing the password. I’m trying to do a factory reset but I can’t get into the recovery menu. I’ve tried pressing shift then restart but it doesn’t work, instead it just restarts my laptop. The laptop model is the LG Gram 2021....
  6. How to do a factory reset without password

How to do a factory reset without password: I’m trying to get into a computer without knowing the password. I’m trying to do a factory reset but I can’t get into the recovery menu. I’ve tried pressing shift then restart but it doesn’t work, instead it just restarts my laptop. The laptop model is the LG Gram 2021....
  7. How do I reset to factory settings?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I reset to factory settings?: I've been trying for over a week to install VersaWorks 6 for my 64" vinyl printer and Windows 10 keeps giving me error 1935. I've had enough and just want to wipe it so I can start over. I've tried all of the fixes for error 1935 and none of them worked. I give up....
  8. How do I reset to factory settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset to factory settings?: I've been trying for over a week to install VersaWorks 6 for my 64" vinyl printer and Windows 10 keeps giving me error 1935. I've had enough and just want to wipe it so I can start over. I've tried all of the fixes for error 1935 and none of them worked. I give up....
  9. How do I reset to factory settings?

10. Windows factory reset stuck at 8% what can i do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows factory reset stuck at 8% what can i do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/palong98 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jahtd0/windows_factory_reset_stuck_at_8_what_can_i_do/