Windows 10: How can I download the Windows 10 Anniversary Update?

Discus and support How can I download the Windows 10 Anniversary Update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can someone tell me how or if I can download the Anniversary Update without having to wait? Is it available yet through the Media Creation Tool?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jesse Williams, Aug 1, 2016.

1. How can I download the Windows 10 Anniversary Update?

Can someone tell me how or if I can download the Anniversary Update without having to wait?

Is it available yet through the Media Creation Tool?

Thanks!

:)

Jesse Williams, Aug 1, 2016

2. How can I stop the download of Anniversary upgrade, already in progress in windows 10?

Bought a brand new computer. On day 2 of using it automatically started installing the 10 update. It's been 6 1/2 hours and only on 32%. Seriously? Is this normal?

JulieStunkel, Aug 1, 2016
  3. How can I stop the download of Anniversary upgrade, already in progress in windows 10?

if could see when updates were available this would be a wonderful idea but Microsoft decided not to let us see them UNTILL IT'S TOOOOO LATE!!! My machine got the update and after 16 hours I decided to restart... well that only led to "this will continue
    the update"... after another 6 hours I decided to try again and this time I was pressing the ESC button a few times and it came back saying "Attempting to reinstall original software" (or something to that tune.

I liked it when Microsoft would allow US to allow the updates not the current Windows 10 process.

Larry_Hazen, Aug 1, 2016
  4. roblinb Win User

How can I download the Windows 10 Anniversary Update?

roblinb, Aug 1, 2016
  5. Jesse Williams, Aug 1, 2016
  6. Just downloaded and used the latest MC Tool and received the 14393 build version 1607 iso. Immediately performed a clean install via VMware Workstation 12 Player indicating the 14393 is the designated Redstone 1 build 1st Anniversary update Insiders already have on. This is the general release version however. Also why the Windows Upgrade Advisor indicated the latest was already on.

Here's a look at the VM remotely being run on a second machine reserved for testing all builds.

How can I download the Windows 10 Anniversary Update? [​IMG]

Night Hawk, Aug 1, 2016
  7. Only problem that I am noticing with this update is that when the Start Menu opens, it opens too fast to where it looks as if it is choppy when opening it. I hope the word "choppy" makes sense. In other words, upon opening the Start Menu, it's not a smooth transition or flow.

Is there any way to make the opening of the Start Menu smoother?

Jesse Williams, Aug 2, 2016
  8. WalterW Win User

I tried the update of Windows 10 64 bit Pro from version 10586 to version 10607, my system met all the requirements
    but received the error 0x80070057.
    How can I download the Windows 10 Anniversary Update? [​IMG]

Has any
    one else had similar problems?

WalterW, Aug 2, 2016
  9. roblinb Win User
    You're going from 10586 to 14393.10, not 10607. Did you use Windows update or the MCT, when you attempted it?

roblinb, Aug 2, 2016
  10. WalterW Win User
    10 minutes ago. what MCT?

WalterW, Aug 2, 2016
  11. WalterW Win User
    I down loaded Windows10upgrade28084.exe and ran it which is the update assistant and after it down loaded the update that was when I got the error 0x80070057

WalterW, Aug 2, 2016
  12. Problems with phantom Start buttons, vanishing and hidden Start menus, etc. generally only have one working solution! Unfortunately that takes a full clean install to resolve the inability of the 10 installer at times to fully unpack all necessary files and see them installed properly. I ran into this at times with an older OEM laptop while others ran into similar problems on their machines as well.

The same would seem required for you as well. WalterW But it isn't version 10586 but Build 10586 Version 1511 to the latest Build 14393.10 Version 1607 to get all that squared away. The MCT someone refers in initials only is the Media Creation Tool that MS has provided since 10 was first launched a year ago.

You first download the tool itself and then select one of the three options presented first being immediate online upgrade, second being create USB Media or USB Installation Key using a 4gb or larger usb flash drive, or last the option to save the "windows.iso" download of 10 locally to a folder on any partition or drive as you would any other download. Besides booting live from the usb media a few 3rd party apps allows for mounting the iso image file as a virtual optical drive for an inplace upgrade type install. Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

Night Hawk, Aug 2, 2016
  13. roblinb Win User

MCT is the Media Creation Tool. On my initial 3 workstations I got the update via Windows Update at 11 am PST once it went live, but at the same time downloaded the latest MCT so that I could do the rest of my computers manually to save time.

roblinb, Aug 2, 2016
  14. The MC Tool seen at that time replaced the MC Tool just seen for the Threshold 2 10586.494 some reporting 10586.499? while not listed among the builds released when researched any however at either of the MS Answers site Wiki threads for 10 builds. If you have previously downloaded and kept the MCTool you will want to rename either this one to RS1 or Redstone 1 Update MCTool.exe or the previous to TH2 or Threshold 2 MC Tool.exe to avoid any mixup between the two!

I have the older stashed away in a sub folder while this one sits at the root of a 10 ISO file folder I will be renaming for storing each. That will allow you to either redownload the older build for the same or other system if TH2 and not one of the Previews with a 6month later expired timeline. The 14366 builds for example still on a pair of VMs would expire on October 1st and have needed to either see the newer build or say good bye to VMs! *Doh*Roflmao2

Night Hawk, Aug 2, 2016
  15. x509 Win User
    I don't get the smilies here.

Thema:

1. How can I download the Windows 10 Anniversary Update? - Similar Threads - download Anniversary Update

2. windows 10 anniversary download link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 anniversary download link: windows 10 anniversary download link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-anniversary-download-link/6576ed0d-d10e-49f2-8999-d50f86902275
  3. Missed my windows 10 anniversary update. How can I get now?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missed my windows 10 anniversary update. How can I get now?: I have missed my chance to update my pc to anniversary edition. how can I get now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missed-my-windows-10-anniversary-update-how-can-i/0ca1db90-d7a5-4981-9787-318f3abd1b98
  4. Windows 10 anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 anniversary update: Hi all this update is killing me I called MS they downloaded it agene for me .I get freezing and bsod every time I play a game and sometimes at idle I updated, repaired every game I have . I am tempted to buy windows10pro and block updates if I can. sorry for the rant I am...
  5. Windows Update does not download and install the anniversary update.

Windows Update does not download and install the anniversary update.: I am downloading the update manually. Have others had the same issue with windows update not showing the update? I'm not sure my WU is working because of this. 58588
  6. Windows 10 Anniversary Update download

Windows 10 Anniversary Update download: Where is the best place too get this update,running 1511 now. Want to download to usb for another computer if possible 63540
  7. Windows 10 will not update to anniversary.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not update to anniversary.: So , I got a laptop with Windows 10 about a month ago. I had some problems with blue screen and things which happen sometimes but I am fine with it as it doesn't happen that often. Right now , my PC keeps insisting to update to Windows 10 Anniversary edition and everytime...
  8. Windows 10 Anniversary Update in July - ISO download question

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update in July - ISO download question: Hey all, I understand the next major Window 10 update will be released at the end of July. How long does it typically take after the release date that Microsoft makes an updated full installer ISO available to download? Does it happen quickly/simultaneously, or can it take...
  9. Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update: I have read other threads on this subject and have not found the solution to my problem in them. The Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade Assistant Icon appeared on my desktop. I began the process to update and received the error, SOMETHING WENT WRONG (code 0x80070057). Then...
  10. How to get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 News
    How to get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Update 8/16/16: The Windows 10 Anniversary Update has begun rolling out for Windows 10 Mobile. The Anniversary Update includes additional features and improvements for your Windows 10 phone. To manually check for the update,...