Windows 10: How can I enable both Intel graphics and PCI-E in Asus P8H61?

Discus and support How can I enable both Intel graphics and PCI-E in Asus P8H61? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello! I have already contacted Asus about it, but I post it here as well, just in case someone knows the answer and can help me. I have an Asus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by spapakons, Oct 22, 2015.

1. spapakons Win User

How can I enable both Intel graphics and PCI-E in Asus P8H61?

Hello!

I have already contacted Asus about it, but I post it here as well, just in case someone knows the answer and can help me. I have an Asus P8H61 motherboard which is based on Intel H61 chipset (socket 1155). This motherboard supports Intel graphics combined with a compatible CPU, such as my Intel Core-i3 3220. I have also installed a discreet PCI-E graphics card, Asus GT620-1DG3 which is based on nVidia GeForce GT 620 chipset. So far so good. Recently I read about DirectX 12's ability to combine two or more graphics adapters to improve performance, so I decided to enable the onboard Intel graphics and try it. The problem is that onboard graphics is disabled automatically when a discreet graphics card is installed, and I couldn't find in BIOS how to enable it. I remember some other motherboards have a control for auto (disable onboard if discreet is installed) or enable (enable onboard even if discreet is installed). I could not find anything similar in my BIOS. Anyone knows if it is possible for my motherboard and how to do it? Reading the Manual didn't shed any light and I have already searched all the BIOS settings many times. I'm missing something? Could it be that a new BIOS dropped support for this feature? Not that I expect miracles in performance, but I want to do it just out of curiosity.

Thank you in advance.

:)

spapakons, Oct 22, 2015
  2. BossDweeb Win User

Application Application.exe has been blocked from accessing graphic hardware

Your Intel HD graphics may not be activated in BIOS, or maybe the Intel HD graphics drivers have not been installed.

The options to enable/disable or select as primary, either the PCIe or integrated graphics should be in your motherboard user manual.

My ASUS BIOS may be laid out differently to yours, but mine has a section titled
    System Agent. The graphics options are found here.

- The cpu graphics option will force the Intel HD as primary graphics.

- Another option called cpu graphics multi-monitor is the option I'm using currently with a second monitor connected, but

I have also used this option with both my Nvidia and Intel HD connected to one monitor at the same time in the past.

With a dual cable setup on a single monitor you can swap between gpu's via Device Manager.

- If you do not have two screens and are unable to use two cables on a single monitor, once you have enable the Intel HD graphics in

BIOS you can change the cable from the Nvidia output to the Intel output.

Once you have the Intel HD organised try to run a game on the Intel HD . If you are successful your problem is likely with the GTX1070ti,

or possibly the motherboard PCI-e slot (assuming the graphics driver install is not corrupt ). You are using Nvidia driver version 390.65 ?

- Or maybe the 6 & 8 pin power cables are not both seated fully on the GTX1070ti ?

- Just to finish off your spec list - What brand and watt power supply ?

BossDweeb, Oct 22, 2015
  3. Intel HD Graphics will stay black until windows sign in pops up, how to fix this?

Original Title: Windows 10 Graphics Issue.

Okay, I'm going to try to explain this the best I can. I recently formatted and installed a fresh installation of windows 10. Upon completion my screen went black. I switched from my PCI-E GPU to the integrated motherboard GPU. And reset the pc. The screen
    was black for a long time but I could hear the computer working. It finally came up to sign into windows. So I switched it back and reset it again. This time it showed me bios options and the first loading screen of windows. Then it went black again, the keyboard
    and mouse stopped working. I switched it back once more to the intel HD graphics. It stayed black for a long time and finally booted to windows. So, it seems that the graphics cards are working off of each other. The PCI-E GPU will load the bios and windows
    loading screen. While the Intel HD Graphics will stay black until windows sign in pops up. I don't know how to fix this, to where it only runs off of the PCI-E Graphics Card.

I did check the BIOS and the primary display is set to the PCI-E but for some reason, it's stopping as windows loads up.

It's an AMD Radeon HD 7800 series. PCI-E x16.

Does this mean my graphics card is no longer functional?

DavidCreager, Oct 22, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

If memory serves, Asus had a Win 7 utility called Lucid Virtu that enable both the iGPU (integrated GPU) and a discrete GPU to be operated simultaneously. The main point was to permit the Intel iGPU to be used as a numerical accelerator for some software that supported it.

It required that the iGPU be turned on in the BIOS settings. As your H61 board lacks that setting, it may not be possible to prevent the iGPU from being disabled.

In the sour grapes area, the performance of the iGPU may be so poor compared to even a low-end discrete card that you're not missing out on much.

I'm also doubtful that Win 7 currently supports heterogeneous graphics controllers. It has been promised, but I doubt that current drivers permit that.

bobkn, Oct 22, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    Thank you for your reply. I suspect that the BIOS settings are dynamic. This means that it hides settings that do not apply with current hardware. Since I have installed a discreet graphics card, any option relative to iGPU is hidden. I will try to remove the card and boot with the iGPU to see if there is any difference in BIOS. Chances are that I will be able to always enable it, even when a discreet graphics card is present. I am not 100% sure, but I would bet I have seen this setting in my BIOS as well, that's why I was surprised not to find it now. I'll do my test and let you know.

spapakons, Oct 22, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    Well.. mystery solved, sort of... I shutdown my computer in order to remove my discreet graphics card and try booting with iGPU, only to find out there is no VGA output on the motherboard! And then I remembered that my motherboard is a full-ATX model, so there is no onboard graphics support, even if my CPU can provide Intel graphics at supported motherboards! That's why I could not find anything relevant in the BIOS. I obviously had in mind the mini-ATX Asus models that do support iGPU. I feel so stupid... *Redface

Thank you guys for trying to help.

Good news is that I would probably not see much improvement combining Intel HD graphics with GeForce GT 620.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I enable both Intel graphics and PCI-E in Asus P8H61? - Similar Threads - enable both Intel

2. Pci e

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pci e: Can a PCIE card be installed into a PCI connector ? 158885
  3. Pci e

in Windows 10 Support
    Pci e: Can a PCIE card be installed into a PCI connector ? 158885
  4. PCI E card not recognized

PCI E card not recognized: Hello I installed a 2 port PCI Express1 3 94 a Firewire card on my Windows 10 - 64 bits computer The manufacturer (StarTech) representative told me it would work without problem Unfortunately, it dose not and the card is not even recognized Did I forget something (BIOS...
  5. PCI-e power for graphic card

PCI-e power for graphic card: Hi .. just bought a new card, Gigabyte GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC 3G. I noticed something funny .. if I plug the PCI-e power to my PSU, the fan stops running but computer boots up fine. But if I unplug the PCI-e power, the fan starts running when computer boots up and there is...
  6. USB to PCI-E Extenderboard, Graphics card: Error 43

USB to PCI-E Extenderboard, Graphics card: Error 43: I have an issue that I have yet to find a fix for. The process of disconnect/uninstall device/driver, and reconnect/reinstall device/driver has already been done. It has only ended in failure. The problem I'm having is Windows 10 compatibility related as the devices...
  7. Intel AC 7260 Wi-Fi PCI-e in Asus G73SW Laptop + Win10 Pro 64 - No-Go

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intel AC 7260 Wi-Fi PCI-e in Asus G73SW Laptop + Win10 Pro 64 - No-Go: This laptop originally shipped with some Atheros ABGN 2.4 Ghz only card which works just fine but it's quite slow by todays standards. So I googled and found the Intel 7260 Dual-Band AC card and acquired one. I was expecting it to be a simple plug-n-play operation but that...
  8. ASUS laptop w Intel HD Graphics- Can I uninstall NVidia installation?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    ASUS laptop w Intel HD Graphics- Can I uninstall NVidia installation?: My 2+ year old ASUS laptop G771JM originally came w NVidia Graphics but when MSoft installed Win10 and subsequent upgrades to 1703 and 1709, the Intel HD Graphics have been installed. They work fine, at least to my eyes; this is a gaming computer but I don't do computer...
  9. Ati x800xl pci e?

Ati x800xl pci e?: Does the x800xl work in win 10 64? I just need it for testing because the psu I have is only 400w and the only other spare card I have is a GTX280 200+ watt that wouldn't even run on a 500w psu so with a 400w psu the gtx280 is out of the question. Thanks in advance. 70687
  10. Intel i7 Intel® HD Graphics 530 or pci-e card ?

Intel i7 Intel® HD Graphics 530 or pci-e card ?: Hi there ! I will soon build new computer configuration and i'm using Windows 10 Pro 64bit version. At the moment i have Asus R5 230 pci-e 1gb DDR3 graphic card. So, my question here is, is it for example Intel i7 HD Graphics 530 enough for using just application...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus x1 hero mo option to enable both igpu & the pcie gpu at the same time