Windows 10: How can I end memory hogging of System and Antimalware Service

Discus and support How can I end memory hogging of System and Antimalware Service in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; How can I end memory hogging of System and Antimalware Service Executable? [img] 36413 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by John Elmer, Jan 5, 2016.

1. How can I end memory hogging of System and Antimalware Service

How can I end memory hogging of System and Antimalware Service Executable?

How can I end memory hogging of System and Antimalware Service [​IMG]

:)

John Elmer, Jan 5, 2016

2. High Cpu High Memory High Disk Need Help

ok the thing hogging up the memory and disk is System and compressed memory and Microsoft Software Portection

Antimalware Service Executable(MsMpEng) Service Host: Local System(svchost.exe)

DrakeMarzonist, Jan 5, 2016
  3. Does Microsoft know their Antimalware Service Executable uses 100% Disk storage? Do they think this is ok? I'm trying to work.

Does Microsoft know their Antimalware Service Executable uses 100% Disk storage? Do they think this is ok? I'm trying to work, but my resources are hogged by a program that is supposed to protect me from having my resources hogged by maleware.
    Should Antimalware Service Executable be classified as maleware itself? I went through all the steps to try to disable it, but it still hogs resources at times. Please, at least, throttle
    Antimalware Service Executable to consume only, say, 50% of any resource: CPU, Memory, Disk, Network.

I am trying to use Windows 10 for business, but it slows me down.

ScottPelak, Jan 5, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

How can I end memory hogging of System and Antimalware Service

I notice you only have 1.7GB of available memory on your system (from your specs). This is pretty much the minimum amount of memory you can get away with for Windows 10 so you will find it difficult to reduce the system memory usage and would need to ensure that you are not running any unnecessary processes. Look in the Start-up tab to see what processes are starting and remove any that you do not need.

philc43, Jan 5, 2016
  5. Why Window 7 has lower memory usage than Windows 10?

John Elmer, Jan 5, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    I should have asked if you are using 64bit or 32bit OS. The recommended spec for 64bit is 2GB memory. Specs are the same for Win7 and Win10. If you are 32bit the minimum recommended memory is 1GB for both versions.

philc43, Jan 5, 2016
  7. Btw, how can I make Chrome run smooth in Windows 10? Because Chrome runs smooth only in Windows 7.

John Elmer, Jan 7, 2016
  8. CountMike New Member

Are you having problems like programs sending "Out of memory " messages ?
    W8 and specially W10 are keeping more in RAM in order to speed things up. Free memory is wasted memory. In case some program needs more of it, it will be swapped to disk.

CountMike, Jan 7, 2016
  9. I always receive that message.

John Elmer, Jan 8, 2016
  10. b1rd Win User
    Hey John Elmer-

This is not a fix, but perhaps something to help.

Take a look at CleanMem and see if that offers anything that might help. I have used it for years and with a machine with less memory I configure it to run every (3) minutes vs. the 15 minute default. If you keep the Taskmanger open when the program launches, you can witness a significant drop in memory usage.

11. BunnyJ New Member
    An upgrade to 4Gb of RAM would fix most if not all of the issues, IMO.,

BunnyJ, Jan 8, 2016
  12. CountMike New Member
    Larger PF may help in mean time. 2GB of RAM is just barest of minimum for x64. Also don't forget graphic card using some of RAM too.

CountMike, Jan 8, 2016
  13. BunnyJ New Member

True, but at the end of the day you can only get so much out of 2Gb of RAM. I don't know where the OP lives but I have a nice shop near me and I bet I could get an upgrade in RAM and they might have used memory for a decent price.

BunnyJ, Jan 8, 2016
  14. I don't know why Acer made a laptop with a memory hogging Graphics that is 1.00 GHz with usable RAM of 1.7 GB and a 64-bit laptop >*Sad

John Elmer, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I end memory hogging of System and Antimalware Service - Similar Threads - end memory hogging

2. ending task "Antimalware Service Executable"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ending task "Antimalware Service Executable": Hello,As written in title I wanted to end task named "Antimalware Service Executable" but I cant do it, when I tried to do it it said access denied, I tried searching it up in the internet but could find anything. I also tried ending other system tasks but I also get access...
  3. ending task "Antimalware Service Executable"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ending task "Antimalware Service Executable": Hello,As written in title I wanted to end task named "Antimalware Service Executable" but I cant do it, when I tried to do it it said access denied, I tried searching it up in the internet but could find anything. I also tried ending other system tasks but I also get access...
  4. ending task "Antimalware Service Executable"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Antimalware service executable High memory not ending either

Antimalware service executable High memory not ending either: This is an image of antimalware service executable taking up my memory horriblyNot ending added excusions but not workedRemoved highest privileged but nothing seemed to workPlease tell me how to uninstall this...
  6. HOW DO I END THE PROCESS "Antimalware service executable"

HOW DO I END THE PROCESS "Antimalware service executable": IN WINDOWS 10 Anti malware service executable is consuming high memory and CPU . I really wanna end that process permanently so that I can have better performance in my low end Laptop. Thanks...
  7. antimalware service executable big memory hog

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    antimalware service executable big memory hog: It says "windows defender antivirus scan" all the time, literally the whole day for months now, how long is this scan taking? I have 8gb ram, and i play games which demand much of it, yet this is running in the background using 500-600mb of my RAM. What can I do? as far as...
  8. Antimalware Service Executable will not stop resource hogging

Antimalware Service Executable will not stop resource hogging: I have done everything I can to turn off Windows Defender and finally got it turned off and this file process is still robbing over 35% of my resources. I have ran antimalware with 3 different software and no malware found. I do not know what else to do. This is preventing me...
  9. antimalware is hogging my cpu

antimalware is hogging my cpu: how do I remove antimalware https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antimalware-is-hogging-my-cpu/8e04655c-8234-4499-8e05-1430e3a57db8"
  10. Antimalware Service Executable hogging up a lot of RAM.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Antimalware Service Executable hogging up a lot of RAM.: I did a clean install of Windows 1903, and I got this app that pops up in my task manager. It's called 'Antimalware Service Executable'. And it hogs up a lot of RAM, I've watched a couple of videos and gone to sites which didn't help at all. I also did a virus scan, yet it is...