Windows 10: How can I erase win7 marker in SLIC?

Discus and support How can I erase win7 marker in SLIC? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I installed Windows 10 dvd on an old notebook which was running vista(it means I cleaned the hard disk and installed Windows 10 dvd).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by maverick6664, Oct 9, 2015.

1. How can I erase win7 marker in SLIC?

Hi all,

I installed Windows 10 dvd on an old notebook which was running vista(it means I cleaned the hard disk and installed Windows 10 dvd). However win 10 has a minor problems. I'm an insider, so I checked build 10240 and 10547(upgraded last week by windows update). When I checked with showkeyplus, it says "Windows 7 OEM marker present in firmware". I suspect it be embedded in SLIC, but I don't know how to get rid of the "marker".

How can I remove it?

Thanks in advance!

-Tetsuji

:)

maverick6664, Oct 9, 2015
  2. Sanrkom Win User

MS browsers copy to clipboard all text in ol element with li markers, though other browsers don't copy markers

<ol> HTML Tag »

see video 2016-06-30_1458

MS browsers copy to clipboard all text in ol element with li markers, though other browsers don't copy markers.

How i can copy list item without markers?

Sanrkom, Oct 9, 2015
  3. how can I erase data in an app on Nokia Lumia 530?

Hello! How can I erase The data in an app, for example Facebook occupies 390 Mb, 20 are The installation and the rest data which I would like to remove, since my phone doesn't work properly due to lack of memory. Thanks!

LauraMircea, Oct 9, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

How can I erase win7 marker in SLIC?

You can't, it's part of the manufacturer programmed bios firmware that doesn't get changed with a standard bios upgrade. Just curious, why do you want to?

NavyLCDR, Oct 9, 2015
  5. I have minor problems with this notebook which I don't have with the desktop; With this notebook, when I installed build 10240, hitting start button, some items (settings, file explorer) are missing. It varies time to time. Recently upgrading to 10547 (I was given 2-3 weeks ago, so it was about 10 days ago), when I boot, the login screen doesn't accept the password; after ctrl+alt+del, login screen accepts password. It is as if Windows were blocking intentionally.

So I suspect something wrong with this notebook exist. So this notebook isn't reliable. When write the first message, I checked the product key with ShowKeyPlus and found it's BBBBB-BBBBB-...(all B's) in other words, the value is zero. And at the same time I got a message "Windows 7 OEM marker present in firmware". Note this notebook had Windows Vista before. So I suspect this harm.

On the desktop (normally behaving), showkeyplus says "OEM key not found in the firmware".

What is wrong with notebook do you think ?

best regards,

-Tetsuji

maverick6664, Oct 10, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    To solve the ctrl+alt+del issue:

1. Win+R key to bring up run dialog
    2. Type netplwiz and enter
    3. Click the advanced tab in the user accounts window that opens.
    4. Bottom section, uncheck "require users to press ctrl+alt+del"

My laptop also has the Windows 7 marker and it shouldn't interfere with anything. I think that was just the preparation Microsoft and the computer manufacturers were making to store Windows 8 product keys in bios.

Actually - on another thread someone explained the Windows 7 marker:
    How to get the productkey of old OS (Win 7) after upgrading to Win 10? - Page 6 - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, Oct 10, 2015
  7. Thank you for ctrl+alt+del problem. But it was unchecked from the beginning. So I cannot fix this. This notebook still requires ctrl+alt+del. Especially when rebooting, the whole screen flicks black and white twice or 3 times, then initial screen appears. Then ctrl+alt+del is required....so I suspect windows 10 is intentionally doing this.

What can I do? I'm at a loss.

Looking at SLIC-toolkit (advanced tab), only "No OEM Certificate found" is red, but this is no longer OEM, so I don't mind.

Now I'm doing "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:wim:f:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess" for sure. Am I off the point?

best regards,

-Tetsuji

8. Kyhi Win User

Windows 10 ( 10240 and above ) has to be installed over a qualifying OS or activated preview edition

It appears you clean installed windows 10 10240 on a blank HDD without a prior windows 10 (Preview) activation or an upgrade from a qualifying OS (Windows 10 upgrade activation)

9. Thank you for your reply.

Really? Actually I clean installed Windows 10 10240. hmmmm....fortunately I have 10162 dvd. If I begin with this, shall I succeed? It will take time and may cost..

EDIT: oops....10162 has expired. It cannot be activated.

10. NavyLCDR New Member
    Is your current install of Windows 10 activated?

NavyLCDR, Oct 10, 2015
  11. It was activated until today morning, but it wasn't activated now.....so I need to install 8.1pro.

12. Microsoft changed the rules after the consumer release went out. You have to do the free upgrade and activate Windows 10 on that hardware to be able to do a clean install. Even the Insider Preview. Or install and activate a Retail version first. Then opt in for insider builds. My guess is its to stop you from running the Insider preview for free for ever. 10240 confused things as it had no watermark and showed as activated. A glitch I think. If you never upgraded in the first place, and originally clean installed the Insider Preview, if you do a clean install now and it won't activate. It's confusing and very hard to explain. Look here, http://blogs.windows.com/windowsexpe...w-build-10525/ namely the Getting started with new Windows 10 Insider Preview builds: part.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I erase win7 marker in SLIC? - Similar Threads - erase win7 marker

2. How can I erase a BitLocker encrypted disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I erase a BitLocker encrypted disk: Hi, I am thinking about turning on BitLocker. My question is how can I erase a BitLocker encrypted partition without a Recovery key if I ever run into this issue? I know that without a recovery key your data is gone, but how can I erase a disk without a recovery key?...
  3. How can I erase a BitLocker encrypted disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I erase a BitLocker encrypted disk: Hi, I am thinking about turning on BitLocker. My question is how can I erase a BitLocker encrypted partition without a Recovery key if I ever run into this issue? I know that without a recovery key your data is gone, but how can I erase a disk without a recovery key?...
  4. Audio Markers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Markers: In Video Editor, I have added custom music and need to adjust the length, but there are no markers to drag the length shorter or longer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-markers/8660cacf-234e-4e5f-881f-55e99840712b
  5. Audio Markers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Markers: In Video Editor, I have added custom music and need to adjust the length, but there are no markers to drag the length shorter or longer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-markers/8660cacf-234e-4e5f-881f-55e99840712b
  6. Audio Markers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. how can I erase lines under desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can I erase lines under desktop icons?: How can I remove the lines under desktop icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-erase-lines-under-desktop-icons/32868136-5f3b-4736-ba98-2f81db42daa6
  8. How to get rid of a Cursor Marker

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get rid of a Cursor Marker: About a year ago, I saw somebody had a marker to make form lines easier to see. In this case, whatever I did, whether it was a registry change or a software change, added two pink balls, one above the other, with an almost invisible pink line between them, marking the...
  9. how can I dual boot win10 and win7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how can I dual boot win10 and win7: I upgraded to win 10 on my pc bt I discovered my gaming is too slow, so I want to install win 7 through a system image I created on my second pc( the same type and specs but different username and o.s since I upgraded my main pc from win7 to win10) onto the new...
  10. how can I dual boot win10 with win7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how can I dual boot win10 with win7: simply, will have legal activated copies of each on the same PC in different drives. Right now, I have win 10, but I will have win7 on another drive. 97664

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i remove the oem marker from my firmware