Windows 10: How can I expand the number of standard size tiles to 4 tiles wide?

Discus and support How can I expand the number of standard size tiles to 4 tiles wide? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can I expand the number of standard size tiles to 4 tiles wide? Or when a wide tile such as the Mail tile is already in place, it would allow 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MeAndMyComputer, Nov 11, 2016.

1. How can I expand the number of standard size tiles to 4 tiles wide?

How can I expand the number of standard size tiles to 4 tiles wide? Or when a wide tile such as the Mail tile is already in place, it would allow 3 tiles wide? I tried the “expansion arrow” to move to the right, also Ctrl-Alt-pr sc: no luck.

:)

MeAndMyComputer, Nov 11, 2016

2. Windows Phones

Please Microsoft! Save the windows phones. Continue to make them. Do not stop. People will come to realize that it is more advanced than any of the Android phones or iPhones. The start screen is full of life compared to the dead buttons in Android and iPhones.
    There is something wrong with your marketing strategy. Please replace your marketing people. The only shortfall is the lack of apps. You should concentrate on attracting App developers. You should see the way I have arranged my start screen. I get the following
    info with just a glance at my start screen apart from the lock screen info and usual app notifications:

1. Bible Verse / Proverb for the day (Wide size tile)

2. Next four Birthdays and number of days to the next one at the back flip (Medium size tile)

3. My next three appointments and current month calendar at the back flip (Medium size tile)

4. Calendar with current date (Small size tile)

5. My next alarm (Medium size tile)

6. Two count-down day counters to my next two important dates (Small size tile)

7. Number of missed calls (Small size tile)

8. Number of new emails (Small size tile)

9. Number of new messages (Small size tile)

10. Number of new Whatsapp messages (Small size tile)

11. Number of new Skype calls and messages (Small size tile)

12. Battery Level with percentage remaining (Small size tile)

13. Current News Flash with pictures at the back flip (Wide size tile)

14. Current Weather with more details at the back flip (Medium size tile)

15. Currency conversion factors for three currencies (Medium size tile)

16. Price Index (up or down) of Gold, Oil and most important share with financial news at the back flip (Medium size tile)

17. Live contact update (Medium size tile)

18. Translator, GPS map, One Note, dictionary, store, settings and internet browser. (Small size tiles)

All of the above in just one screen. More info can be appended which can be scrolled down instead of swiping screen by screen as in Android or iPhone. There is no way so many app tiles or widgets can be accommodated in one Android or iPhone screen.

Windows phones are far superior and versatile. Manufacturers should come forward to save windows phones.

JaichandranGD, Nov 11, 2016
  3. PHX_TD Win User
    HTC One (M8) for Windows randomly restarts/reboots. Anyone know why? Fix?

The work around is this...

Either remove all active tiles (tiles that change and have scrolling information)

OR

Reduce the size of the active tiles to their smallest size. (push and h old the tile on the start screen until it enters edit mode, then click on the arrow to reduce its size until it is 1/4 the size of a normal square tile.)

I did this and my phone has not rebooted in 28 days!

HTC and Microsoft have both identified the issue is with the active tiles and MS is working on a fix. MS rarely if ever says when a release will be made available. I am a developer and work with MS products all day long and that is their standard practice.

My phone had been rebooting 5 times an hour! You will be very pleased once you do either of the steps above!

PHX_TD, Nov 11, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

How can I expand the number of standard size tiles to 4 tiles wide?

Edwin, Nov 11, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    How can I expand the number of standard size tiles to 4 tiles wide? [​IMG]

Without:

Edwin, Nov 11, 2016
  6. I thought I had responded that my problem is solved thanks to both of you so even though this is late, thanks again.

MeAndMyComputer, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How can I expand the number of standard size tiles to 4 tiles wide?

1. How can I expand the number of standard size tiles to 4 tiles wide? - Similar Threads - expand number standard

2. tiles, where are my tiles?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tiles, where are my tiles?: A while back, my perfectly running windows 10 was updated with Edge, not my doing!! Since then, I lost tiles! Windows 10 was so easy, turn on cpu, sign in and go to the startup page, full of tiles. Click one and go to my bank or watch a favorite music video or go to favorite...
  3. Is there a good (free if possible) Tile Creating App that can do wide and large tiles from...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a good (free if possible) Tile Creating App that can do wide and large tiles from...: Ok, long title as i feel i need to be pretty specific. There are SO many Apps on the Store and elsewhere that do some but not all the features. I know that i had this a year or two back. I've never found it again. So, i'm looking for a program that'll let me create tiles...
  4. Microsoft Mahjong Tiles with Numbers??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Mahjong Tiles with Numbers??: Hello, It's been a while since I played Microsoft Mahjong. When I logged in today the tiles have completely changed. I play the "underwater" theme and the tiles now have these annoying numbers on them???? Instead of just clicking on two of the orange and white clown fish...
  5. Default live tile size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Default live tile size?: Hey everyone, I have not been able to find anything yet so I figured I would throw this out here while I continue looking. I would like to set a default live tile size when I pin to start. Right now I pin to start and then I right click and resize it to small. Does anyone...
  6. Editing Start menu tile sizes

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing Start menu tile sizes: Is there a way to change the two square tile sizes offered? Currently, they are 150px and 50px. I would like to reduce the larger to 75px, which would would be a legible solution for laptop displays. 159617
  7. Is it possible to customize Win10 Start Menu to be 3 wide + 2 wide (of medium size tiles)?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to customize Win10 Start Menu to be 3 wide + 2 wide (of medium size tiles)?: Currently the default is -- using medium size tiles -- 3 wide + 3 wide. Is it possible to customize it further? Specifically to 3 wide + 2 wide? I know you can customize it to 4 wide + 4 wide, but that is WAY too many for me. LOL...
  8. Tile Size limited

in Windows 10 Support
    Tile Size limited: Trying to resize some of my tiles on the Windows 10 start menu. I have added Outlook 2016 and want to set it to Wide but the only options are Small & Medium. How do I get all the options on the resize? 35119
  9. How can I change win10 startup tile icon size?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I change win10 startup tile icon size?: the one thing that is driving me nuts with the Win10 update is the start menu icons. Yep, I can change the colour but only for all of them to one colour, but can I change individual ones? And/Or better still can I make the small icon in the middle of them occupy the whole...
  10. How to increase the size of the icons/tiles in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    How to increase the size of the icons/tiles in the taskbar: I have a high resolution screen, so the taskbar seems disproportionately small by default/ In prior versions of Windows I would just increase the taskbar height and icons would adjust in size accordingly, but not so with Windows 10. How can I resize them, or is this deature...