Windows 10: How can I fix my default mic

Discus and support How can I fix my default mic in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have been using this voice changer called voicemod.net and it got really boring so i uninstalled it but after i uninstalled it my default my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MikeGamesOG, Aug 6, 2018.

1. How can I fix my default mic

Hi,

I have been using this voice changer called voicemod.net and it got really boring so i uninstalled it but after i uninstalled it my default my still sounds like a baby (voice changer voice) and i cant redo it and i've searched up the web and still haven't found anything please somebody help.

:)

MikeGamesOG, Aug 6, 2018
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    How to use Logitech H51 headphone as the default mic?

Hi Michael,

Your laptop's default mic is the currently enabled device, preventing you from using your headphone's mic. To use your headphone's mic, you need to enable it. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• On the Sound properties (the current open windows of the screenshot that you gave), go to Recordings.
    • Right-click your headphone's mic.
    • Click Enable.

If you couldn't find your headphone's mic on the list, it must be hidden. To unhide it, right-click on your currently enabled mic and click
    Show Disabled Devices.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Allan Mej, Aug 6, 2018
  4. How can I fix my default mic

my head phone mic is not working in window 10

Hello Jaxon,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that your headphone mic is not working in Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query.

This issue might be occurring because the microphone might not be set as a default device or there might be any error in settings also. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Recording Audio troubleshooter

The built-in recording audio troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with headphone or microphone. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any
    issue with the microphone. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the
              view all option on the left pane

• Click on Recoding Audio troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Recording Audio troubleshooter do not fix the
    issue then I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps to set the microphone as a default device:

• Right click on the “Sound icon” on the bottom right of the desktop screen

• Click on “Sounds”, click on “Recording

• Right click on “Microphone” and then click on “Set as default device

• Click on “Apply” and then “OK

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

How can I fix my default mic

1. How can I fix my default mic - Similar Threads - fix default mic

2. How to fix the mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix the mic: Hi there. My audio stopped picking up my voice randomly in the Xbox app. The only way I can fix this is by opening the game bar, but the game bar has to be open for any audio to come through. When I click out of the game bar, everything cuts out. How do I fix this?...
  3. How to fix the mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the mic: Hi there. My audio stopped picking up my voice randomly in the Xbox app. The only way I can fix this is by opening the game bar, but the game bar has to be open for any audio to come through. When I click out of the game bar, everything cuts out. How do I fix this?...
  4. how can i activate the mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how can i activate the mic: hi i have windows 10 and i bought a headest and the mic is disabled i cant found it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-activate-the-mic/f1227de0-99b9-42d6-9c6d-474b1329e248
  5. how can i activate the mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i activate the mic: hi i have windows 10 and i bought a headest and the mic is disabled i cant found it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-activate-the-mic/f1227de0-99b9-42d6-9c6d-474b1329e248
  6. how can i activate the mic

7. how can I get my mic to work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I get my mic to work?: My mic has not been working for a bit. I have tried to mute and unmute it and changing the mic settings, I removed the driver and reinstalled it, I even reinstalled windows. The mic is the Logitech USB Headset. The sound is working as normal. What else can I do to try to fix...
  8. how can I get my mic to work?

how can I get my mic to work?: My mic has not been working for a bit. I have tried to mute and unmute it and changing the mic settings, I removed the driver and reinstalled it, I even reinstalled windows. The mic is the Logitech USB Headset. The sound is working as normal. What else can I do to try to fix...
  9. How can I fix this? I mean how to reset to default settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I fix this? I mean how to reset to default settings: How can I fix this? I mean how to reset to default settings [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-this-i-mean-how-to-reset-to-default/255c8097-ee28-48e1-8cd6-6180742fee85
  10. Can hear my audio through my mic, how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can hear my audio through my mic, how do I fix it?: So I bought a new mic and it plugs in via analog, so I plugged it in and did a sound test. Had other audio playing on my headset but I muted it (meaning it can't be audio bleeding from my headset) but you could still hear it in the recording. Can someone help me fix this?...