Windows 10: How can I forward eth0 port from client to vpn server

Discus and support How can I forward eth0 port from client to vpn server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi community I'm new to this forum. Let me describe my problem....I've got 2 laptops one at my home and one at my parents. I've connected them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 860Evo, Apr 12, 2018.

1. 860Evo Win User

How can I forward eth0 port from client to vpn server

Hi community

I'm new to this forum.
    Let me describe my problem....I've got 2 laptops one at my home and one at my parents. I've connected them through a vpn. The vpn server is at my home. Both laptops connect to the internet through wifi.
    The laptop at my parents is the client. I've got a device which is connected on the lan port (eth0) and it gets an ip address. How can I forward the eth0 port / device / ip address so that I can see it on my server?
    I do got some networking knowledge but I need some help on this one.

I've tried to bridge the connection on the client (eth0 port and wifi) but I don't see anything on my client. Maybe I need to do more configuration?

:)

860Evo, Apr 12, 2018
  2. ltr.az Win User

vpn and file share win 10, How can I get network resources enabled to the VPN client?

<Original title: vpn and file share win 10>

Setup a vpn network connection on Win 10 and setup a client to access it but network file share resources are not found on the host machine nor other machines on the network through the VPN.

How can I get network resources enabled to the VPN client?

port forwarded both 47, 1723 to the VPN server...

Shouldn't this just work?

ltr.az, Apr 12, 2018
  3. Peter423 Win User
    VPN not working after creators update 1709

Hi Guys

I am using an ultra book for mobile work and connect to my home network via VPN with an HSDPA WWAN modem. Before the fall creators update everything was working fine. Now after the update I cannot connect anymore via mobile network.

the setup: I have a Win 2016 Server with RRAS configured for L2TP PSK VPN. When I connect from withing the network (LAN or WLAN) everything works as expected. Only the WWAN connection from outside does not work.

Strange thing is, when I do this with my adroind mobile it works, via WLAN and WWAN.

I have forwarded the ports 500, 1701 and 4500 in the router to the vpn server and also enabled the ESP protokol. I have checked with Wireshark if any communication on those ports arrives at the server when connecting with the win 10 (1709) machine, and yes
    there is traffic. But there are no events logged on the server and the client reports an 809 error in the vpn client events.

I have googled for hours and watched several L2TP howtos on YouTube, so I can say the server seems to be configured correctly and working fine. Also the port forwarding is working as i can connect via android phone. I do not know how to debug or trace this
    to narrow in on the problem. Maybe you can help.

thanks

Peter

Peter423, Apr 12, 2018
Thema:

How can I forward eth0 port from client to vpn server

1. How can I forward eth0 port from client to vpn server - Similar Threads - forward eth0 port

2. How do I port forward

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I port forward: How do I port forward with spectrum ipv6 internet submitted by /u/Fuzesbtw [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lh3oqy/how_do_i_port_forward/
  3. Port forward

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Port forward: Why do the various sites online for checking the router's open ports see the doors closed, while they are open? I have a Fastweb Fastgate router. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/port-forward/7c87e27e-60f9-4ff3-9582-f20582de3024
  4. Port forwarding minecraft server doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Port forwarding minecraft server doesn't work: I wanted to create minecraft server, and everything works fine but if i want to port forward minecraft port 25565 it looks like it's ok but if i try port forward cheker or say my friend to connect it is not working. Thank you for help!...
  5. Port Forward

Port Forward: How do I port forward? I tried portforward.com but did not work.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/port-forward/00a563a6-dab5-478b-9547-f6c19f73e1a8
  6. How to port forward FTP Server creted by IIS in Windows 10

How to port forward FTP Server creted by IIS in Windows 10: Please help me I'm desperate...I can't seem to find the answer to this. I have set up an FTP Server using IIS on Win10. 1. Permissions, firewall works fine on lan, but outside I can't seem to access it. 2. I have port forwarded the server and also the passive data port...
  7. PORT FORWARDING

PORT FORWARDING: HEY, i tried a lot!!! but i am not successful in port fordwarding... where is the problem, i don't know. How to solve.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/port-forwarding/581bf140-fd49-471c-8412-dc44d9023e79
  8. Port Forwarding

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Port Forwarding: Need to open up ports for an upcoming project (HTTPs, SSH, and RDP). I've added all these services in the "port forwarding" section of my network settings. However when scanning with netstat, I cannot find these ports enabled. Pinging directly with telnet I get a failed...
  9. Private VPN and port forwarding 1723 to Random Port - any ideas

Private VPN and port forwarding 1723 to Random Port - any ideas: Hi there I'm creating a private VPN - the actual VPN creation process isn't too bad but there's a bit of security I don't like. Incoming VPN connections on Windows I think use Port 1723 - so malicious people if they want to check for any VPN's out there can just see who...
  10. How to configure Port Forwarding?

How to configure Port Forwarding?: HI, My router gets different IP addresses. Dynamic DNS is enabled. I have to configure port forwarding in my router. While configuring port forwarding, I need to fill following details: Internal IP Internal Port Remote IP External Port Protocol (TCP/UDP) Please...