Windows 10: How can I get image (jpeg/png) files from large desktop icons?

Discus and support How can I get image (jpeg/png) files from large desktop icons? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to create some custom buttons for my PC using Rainmeter, and part of what I need is high resolution/quality icons from the programs I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by teetar, Oct 23, 2015.

1. teetar Win User

How can I get image (jpeg/png) files from large desktop icons?

Hello, I'm trying to create some custom buttons for my PC using Rainmeter, and part of what I need is high resolution/quality icons from the programs I use. I notice that for quite a few programs, since I've set my icons to large, come up very nicely on my desktop, but I can't seem to find them of the same quality on the Internet. So, how can I take whatever file it is that creates this icon, and convert it into a high resolution jpeg or png file so I can edit it?

Thanks for any tips!

:)

teetar, Oct 23, 2015

2. How can I change file type .png file image to jpeg image

I have screen shot which captures pages as png file type. What I need to know is how can I png file image to jpeg image. Can anyone help please?

SpookyMischief, Oct 23, 2015
  3. How can I change file type .png file image to jpeg image

What software do you use to open the file to display the image?

Gerry C J Cornell, Oct 23, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello teetar, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

I like using the free program IconViewer for this. It'll add a Icons tab in the properties of files that contain icons.

Once installed, right click on the .exe file for the program, click on Properties, click on the new Icons tab, and then you can select and download a .png of the icon.

How can I get image (jpeg/png) files from large desktop icons? [​IMG]

Brink, Oct 24, 2015
  5. teetar Win User
    Thanks a bunch, this is exactly what I needed!

teetar, Oct 24, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I get image (jpeg/png) files from large desktop icons? - Similar Threads - image jpeg png

2. How can I activate the PREVIEW function when I Right-click a jpeg/jpg/png image file? It...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I activate the PREVIEW function when I Right-click a jpeg/jpg/png image file? It...: I thought there was no Windows Picture Viewer for Win 10, but it does work with TIF files, no need to install or download anything. What I want is for it to let me see the preview of jpg and png images as well. Does anyone know how? Does anyone know the path to search for the...
  3. Converting a JPEG or PNG file to an ICO file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converting a JPEG or PNG file to an ICO file: My computer, is a laptop. Running, Windows 10.A ICO file is real nice.It can become, the picture on a desktop shortcut.What I need is to, convert either of these files.To an ICO file.Without, mentioning names. Most of these applications, have a limit.After converting, a few...
  4. Converting a JPEG or PNG file to an ICO file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Converting a JPEG or PNG file to an ICO file: My computer, is a laptop. Running, Windows 10.A ICO file is real nice.It can become, the picture on a desktop shortcut.What I need is to, convert either of these files.To an ICO file.Without, mentioning names. Most of these applications, have a limit.After converting, a few...
  5. Converting a JPEG or PNG file to an ICO file

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. jpeg image icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    jpeg image icon: Microsoft recently made several unannounced changes to my computer. My jpeg icons no longer show the actual image. This is so frustrating! Does anyone know how I can get the images to show?...
  7. jpeg image icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    jpeg image icon: Microsoft recently made several unannounced changes to my computer. My jpeg icons no longer show the actual image. This is so frustrating! Does anyone know how I can get the images to show?...
  8. jpeg image icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Change windows icons from JPEG/PNG source.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change windows icons from JPEG/PNG source.: Hello chaps, Today I've been trying to change my windows icons look for folders. In the folder properties menu there is an option called "Chang Icon" in the customize tab. I've used Ifranview and also XNview to covert .JPEG files to .ICO files. The dimension of these...
  10. I can't save images as png, jpeg, gif, etc, just all files or "Sketchbook Jpeg"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't save images as png, jpeg, gif, etc, just all files or "Sketchbook Jpeg": I can't figure out how this happened, but as of lately when I've been trying to save images from the internet I'm only give two options and not several as how I want to save an imagine, those two options being "Sketchbook Jpeg Image File" or "All Files". I'm sure this is...