Windows 10: How can i get my external drive to show up in windows 10

Discus and support How can i get my external drive to show up in windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a 4 bay external hd case with 2 HD's in it. The drive worked perfectly fine in windows 7. It shows up in Device Management. But it will not let... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by infbuckets, Aug 3, 2015.

1. How can i get my external drive to show up in windows 10

I have a 4 bay external hd case with 2 HD's in it. The drive worked perfectly fine in windows 7. It shows up in Device Management. But it will not let me assign it a letter. I am quite confused here. The only option that is in bold is delete device. Obviously that's not what i want to do. Any suggestions?

:)

infbuckets, Aug 3, 2015

2. How can I get my unread mail to show up in my Inbox.

My e-mail will not show up in my Inbox. It only shows up in the Unread folder. How can I change this ?

AndraPalmros, Aug 3, 2015
  3. How can I get my unread mail to show up in my Inbox.

Hi Andra,

To isolate your concern, we would like to know the following:

• How do you access your email account? Is it by Microsoft Office Outlook, Outlook.com web browser, or Outlook App?
    • What error message are you getting?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Corelogik Win User

How can i get my external drive to show up in windows 10

How I got a stubborn external to show and mount;

1. Unplug USB/other cable.
    2. Turn power to enclosure OFF.
    3. Restart Windows (allow to fully resolve desktop. ie; all services, process start up apps/programs etc.)
    4. Re-Connect cable of still powered off enclosure.
    5. Open file explorer window and click on 'this pc'.
    6. Power up enclosure.

It takes a few seconds for the drive to spin back up, bit at that point it should look to Windows like a new device was just connected and launch the mounting subroutine.

YMMV.

~sent from Core's 'droid.

Corelogik, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

How can i get my external drive to show up in windows 10

1. How can i get my external drive to show up in windows 10 - Similar Threads - external drive show

2. my external monitor will not come up on the display - how do i get it to show up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my external monitor will not come up on the display - how do i get it to show up?: my external monitor will not come up on the display - how do i get it to show up? Zoorui monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-external-monitor-will-not-come-up-on-the/65ddb6a9-d3c5-4767-b31f-ccc7bc78693f
  3. my external monitor will not come up on the display - how do i get it to show up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my external monitor will not come up on the display - how do i get it to show up?: my external monitor will not come up on the display - how do i get it to show up? Zoorui monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-external-monitor-will-not-come-up-on-the/65ddb6a9-d3c5-4767-b31f-ccc7bc78693f
  4. how to get external drive to show in disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get external drive to show in disk management: Anyone no a couple quick easy clicks that will make this computer see external drives and devices in disk management https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-external-drive-to-show-in-disk/f7a10a9b-2ea0-49e9-8e3d-5625d113ffc1
  5. how to get external drive to show in disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get external drive to show in disk management: Anyone no a couple quick easy clicks that will make this computer see external drives and devices in disk management https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-external-drive-to-show-in-disk/f7a10a9b-2ea0-49e9-8e3d-5625d113ffc1
  6. how to get external drive to show in disk management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. external hard drive not showing up on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external hard drive not showing up on windows: Hello I format a external hard drive with Mac book.I need to copy some documents from Mac book.but after that I cannot read it from my windows computer.I can see the windows already recognize it, but it is only shows as "devices and USB"cannot read it as a external...
  8. How can I get my files back that are not showing up on this hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I get my files back that are not showing up on this hard drive?: [ATTACH] I had posted here but then forgot I did and didn't come back to post so it got archived(see thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/d61kpe/can_you_make_an_external_hdd_into_an_internal/). I have this external that my friend took out of the casing...
  9. External Drive not showing up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Drive not showing up.: My external drive is not showing up in file explorer or diskmanagement. However it shows in Device Manager/Diskdrives. When I click on the properties "This device is working properly." but on volumes tab nothing shows in disk information....
  10. External hard drive not showing up windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    External hard drive not showing up windows 10: External storage devices changed a lot since the birth of the PC. From floppy disks and CDs to flash memories and hard drives, people were always looking for the fastest, the lightest and the most durable memory devices. Hard drives are currently the best solution for large...