Windows 10: how can I get my updates without messing my device manager

Discus and support how can I get my updates without messing my device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all I have been running 1493 with no issues . When Microsoft gets me the last update 16299.125 everything goes well but then I can't get to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vicf1, Jan 23, 2018.

1. vicf1 Win User

how can I get my updates without messing my device manager

Hi all
    I have been running 1493 with no issues .
    When Microsoft gets me the last update 16299.125 everything goes well but then I can't get to internet and when I check device manager it's a big mess plenty of yellow triangles and I don't have clue I really don't know how to fix these

:)

vicf1, Jan 23, 2018

2. How can I stop updates restarting my PC without my permission

I truly hope Microsoft sorts this out, as I am happy with an automatic update, just not happy with my PC shutting down whilst I am working on it, especially if I missed the notification pop-up

Diana de Coito, Jan 23, 2018
  3. How can I stop updates restarting my PC without my permission

Active Hours must first be setup before you can use Restart options. If Windows attempts to restart during the active options, it will give you 'restart options' to extend the grace period by up to a day.

See options for managing how and when Windows Updates are installed.

Option 1:

Set your Internet connection as metered:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/manage-windows...

Option 2:

Use Active Hours and Restart options:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/managing-windo...

Option 3:

Use Show/Hide Updates tool to block the update:

Is there an option or work around to block updates or hardware drivers that might cause problems?

Yes, Microsoft has released a KB update (KB3073930) that will let users block or hide Windows or driver updates.

You can download it at the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Option 4:

Press Windows key + R

Type: services.msc

Hit Enter

Scroll down to Windows Update

Select it then right click it

Click Properties

Under the General tab, choose Startup type to DIsabled

Click Stop

Click Apply then OK

Option 5:

Before carrying out this procedure, disconnect from the Internet. That means turning off Wi-Fi and disconnecting from a wired connection. If you don't, Windows 10 will indicate some files are in use and cannot be modified or the command will be non-responsive.
    Also, you should restart your computer after disconnecting from the Internet. The easiest way to do it is to enable Airplane mode from the Action Center - Windows key + A.

Stop the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. To do this, type the following commands at a command prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

Option 6:

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro which can pause updates for up to 35 days or block them for a year.

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation

Click the link ‘Go to the store to upgrade or enter a product key’

Click the $99 button to make your purchase (the price might vary by region or depending on the edition you are upgrading from or upgrading to).

Follow the on screen instructions to make your purchase.

Within 5 to 10 minutes, your system will be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, your personal files, apps and settings preserved.

You won’t get a product key, you get a digital license, which is attached to your Microsoft Account used to make the purchase.

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/defer-block-un...

Andre Da Costa, Jan 23, 2018
  4. spunk Win User

We suggest you update to Windows 10 1709 (16299.192)
    Until then, When Windows Updates, go to the Device Manager and right click each of the yellow flagged items and choose Properties/Driver/Roll Back Driver to the driver that was working

spunk, Jan 23, 2018
  5. vicf1 Win User
    Thank you I'll try to do that

vicf1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. how can I get my updates without messing my device manager - Similar Threads - updates without messing

2. Messed with services.msc and device manager and now my PC frequently BSODs with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messed with services.msc and device manager and now my PC frequently BSODs with...: Messed with services.msc and device manager around 5 days ago, and, yesterday, programs and network started randomly crashing. Reinstalled Windows to reset services and devices because I didn't save defaults anywhere.Programs and network stopped crashing, but I continued...
  3. Messed with services.msc and device manager and now my PC frequently BSODs with...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Messed with services.msc and device manager and now my PC frequently BSODs with...: Messed with services.msc and device manager around 5 days ago, and, yesterday, programs and network started randomly crashing. Reinstalled Windows to reset services and devices because I didn't save defaults anywhere.Programs and network stopped crashing, but I continued...
  4. How can I get my PC added back as a device on my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get my PC added back as a device on my account?: After upgrading my PC, it showed up twice as a device on my account. I wasn't sure which one was correct, so I removed and unlinked both. Since I am logged in to Windows 11 and the Microsoft Store on the PC using my Microsoft Account, it should be automatically added back,...
  5. How can I get my PC added back as a device on my account?

How can I get my PC added back as a device on my account?: After upgrading my PC, it showed up twice as a device on my account. I wasn't sure which one was correct, so I removed and unlinked both. Since I am logged in to Windows 11 and the Microsoft Store on the PC using my Microsoft Account, it should be automatically added back,...
  6. how can i get my include with device offer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i get my include with device offer: how can i get my include with device offer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-include-with-device-offer/92b7b149-325c-4db4-833b-f34b7c0dee00
  7. how can i get my include with device offer

how can i get my include with device offer: how can i get my include with device offer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-include-with-device-offer/92b7b149-325c-4db4-833b-f34b7c0dee00
  8. How can I reinstall my display adapter from device manager?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I reinstall my display adapter from device manager?: I accidently deleted it, and now I don't know how to install it back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reinstall-my-display-adapter-from-device/a5ce58fc-6d65-41fe-85d1-ff9f23f2d551
  9. My device is a mess.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My device is a mess.: I am so tired of this problem occurred to my laptop. I don't have control of it. I think this had happened when I am going to uninstall a program. The process took so long and I force closed it from the task manager. However, after that my laptop became unstable. I can see...
  10. The 1903 update messed up everything. How can I get back my desktop icons and folders?

in Windows 10 Customization
    The 1903 update messed up everything. How can I get back my desktop icons and folders?: The 1903 update messed up everything. How can I get back my desktop icons and folders?The new update installed with no creation of restore point. This is bad....