Windows 10: How can I get past a GPT message?

Discus and support How can I get past a GPT message? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've just started to run a clean re-installation of W10Pro64 on my laptop but was stopped when a message came up on screen which said "... Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mipak, Jan 5, 2018.

1. mipak Win User

How can I get past a GPT message?

I've just started to run a clean re-installation of W10Pro64 on my laptop but was stopped when a message came up on screen which said "... Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk (Drive 0 Unallocated Space .. Total 465.2GB .. Free 465.2GB) is of the GPT partition style".

I don't know what GPT is but I'm unable to get past this to continue with this re-installation.

I would be very grateful for any help please.

Michael.

:)

mipak, Jan 5, 2018
  2. sueminnie Win User

Trying to install windows 10 on new internal hard drive

yes it is the only drive connected. i get the error that the drive is gpt not mbr. how do i get past that? Do i convert the drive and if so how do i do that with no os installed?

sueminnie, Jan 5, 2018
  3. Can i get past a pin on my nokia?

BTW, if you had all the backup features turned on, and you set the phone back up from the reset with the same MS account you had before, and opt to restore from backup, 90% of what you had will come back. You lose game scores/positions, and personal photos/videos
    won't come back, but they should be in OneDrive already.

Next time you change PINs, write it down. Leave it in a desk drawer at home or something. You might lose a few hours till you can retrieve it, but you won't lose any data.

Sven Johannsen, Jan 5, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

What are you booting the computer from, a USB flash drive or DVD? How did you create that USB flash drive or DVD?

NavyLCDR, Jan 5, 2018
  5. mipak Win User
    Thanks for replying ... it's a DVD ...

mipak, Jan 5, 2018
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    When you are booting the computer from the DVD, make sure you are selecting the UEFI DVD option and not just the plain DVD option. The computer must boot from the installation media in UEFI mode. It is currently booting the DVD in legacy BIOS (or CSM) mode. If the computer cannot boot the DVD in UEFI mode, then you will have to make a Windows 10 installation USB flash drive and boot from that in UEFI mode.

NavyLCDR, Jan 5, 2018
  7. mipak Win User
    Well, I guess my problem has been solved ... thanks to you.

I shut the laptop down, fired it up again and went into the BIOS and the only choice I could see relating to UEFI was "BOTH" so I chose that followed by 'SAVE & EXIT' and this thriggered the W10 installation.
    This has now been completed and only leaves me to sort out the loads of settings as well as install a few programmes.

Thank you very much for your help ... I've learnt something today ... very much appreciated.

Regards ... Michael

mipak, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I get past a GPT message? - Similar Threads - past GPT message

2. how can I get rid of this message?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I get rid of this message?: can I get rid of this message? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-rid-of-this-message/4a2360ca-75bc-4202-821c-f331eee7233d
  3. how can I get rid of this message?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I get rid of this message?: can I get rid of this message? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-rid-of-this-message/4a2360ca-75bc-4202-821c-f331eee7233d
  4. How can I get rid of this error message?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get rid of this error message?: I am constantly getting this message no matter what I am doing or which browser I use. This site can’t be reached Check if there is a typo in app.popcart.com. If spelling is correct, try running Windows Network Diagnostics. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAINI clicked on windows...
  5. How can I get rid of this error message?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I get rid of this error message?: I am constantly getting this message no matter what I am doing or which browser I use. This site can’t be reached Check if there is a typo in app.popcart.com. If spelling is correct, try running Windows Network Diagnostics. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAINI clicked on windows...
  6. How can I get rid of this error message?

7. How can i get rid of this message in Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i get rid of this message in Windows Update?: The message says: This PC doesn't currently meet the system requirements to run Windows 11. I don't wanna upgrade to this anyway due to less customizations, the taskbar icons are in the center by default, which is pretty inconvenient for me to change the icons back to the...
  8. How can i get rid of this message in Windows Update?

How can i get rid of this message in Windows Update?: The message says: This PC doesn't currently meet the system requirements to run Windows 11. I don't wanna upgrade to this anyway due to less customizations, the taskbar icons are in the center by default, which is pretty inconvenient for me to change the icons back to the...
  9. How can i get rid of this message in Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. No warning/error message but can not copy paste

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No warning/error message but can not copy paste: Hello everyone, I have an interesting issue. I bought new Asus notebook and it has windows 10 installed in it. Within computer I can copy and paste files to other files. However, when I wanted to take files from usb drive to my computer by "copy-paste (all commands)" or...