Windows 10: How can I get win 10 back on unit

Discus and support How can I get win 10 back on unit in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had a crash and I have had to put win 7 back on my unit. I have the key to my win 10 but where and how can I download it?? So all my files will open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ben Daniels, Jun 21, 2017.

1. How can I get win 10 back on unit

I had a crash and I have had to put win 7 back on my unit. I have the key to my win 10 but where and how can I download it?? So all my files will open

:)

Ben Daniels, Jun 21, 2017

2. Enter Network password for Win 10 PC

Recently Upgraded a Win 7 desktop to free version of Win 10. that PC is hardwired (Ethernet) to a Linksys AC1200 router. One other desktop and a laptop are still using Win 7 and both are wireless connections.

Now when I try to view files on the Win 10 device from either of the Win 7 units I get a message "Enter Network Password". I have tried entering the network name password for the router but that does not work.

From the Win 10 unit I can access any shared file on either Win 7 unit.

Do I need to set a different network password on the Win 10 unit and if so how do I do that?

Steve Staab, Jun 21, 2017
  3. how can I get back win 10 after a crash

Hi William,

Let me inform you that, Windows 10 free upgrade offer ended on July 29, 2016.

Windows 10 will continue to be available for purchase, either on a
    device
    or as a full version of the software.
    A discounted "upgrade" version of Windows 10 will not be for sale.

You can find answers to these and other questions about the upgrade to Windows 10 at the
    Upgrade to Windows 10: FAQ.

Write to us, if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 21, 2017
  4. BRKKAB Win User

How can I get win 10 back on unit

Go to this link and click on the second option "Download Tool Now", then don't do a upgrade install, act like you're downloading Windows 10 for a different device and let the Media Creation Tool make a Windows 10 flash drive.
    The flash drive needs to be 8 gigabytes at the minimum.
    Then boot from the flash drive in your bios or uefi and do a clean install of Windows 10 after doing a backup of personal files and then delete all partitions Windows 7 created and install Windows 10 to the unallocated space.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

PS: If your pc has a uefi make sure to select your flash drive that has EFI in the list, so Secure Boot is enabled.

BRKKAB, Jun 21, 2017
  5. Thanks never got it the computer must be garbage just get another one.

Ben Daniels, Jun 21, 2017
  6. BRKKAB Win User
    Did you originally do a upgrade install or a clean install ?
    Upgrade installs from one version of Windows to the next one, almost always cause serious issues.
    I learned that along time ago on a old pc I had.
    It was in Jauary 2007 when Vista was released and I upgraded from XP to Vista.
    Once I did a clean install of Vista my pc was fine.
    Try the clean install of Windows 10 first and see how it goes and your pc acts for a few days, before buying a new pc.

BRKKAB, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How can I get win 10 back on unit

1. How can I get win 10 back on unit - Similar Threads - unit

2. Trying to buy MSFS: can not select province of Ontario change country/region from United...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to buy MSFS: can not select province of Ontario change country/region from United...: I'm trying to buy from https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/microsoft-flight-simulator-premium-deluxe-40th-anniversary-edition/9PJ15D3RDXMV/0010when selecting 'buy' and choosing cc payment, I'm unable to select my Canadian address. My MS account setting and my PC region...
  3. Trying to buy MSFS: can not select province of Ontario change country/region from United...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to buy MSFS: can not select province of Ontario change country/region from United...: I'm trying to buy from https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/microsoft-flight-simulator-premium-deluxe-40th-anniversary-edition/9PJ15D3RDXMV/0010when selecting 'buy' and choosing cc payment, I'm unable to select my Canadian address. My MS account setting and my PC region...
  4. I can't remove the English United Kingdom on my keyboard layout.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't remove the English United Kingdom on my keyboard layout.: It's not showing under Settings. Can't remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-remove-the-english-united-kingdom-on-my/54545d94-4395-4507-9f54-2b4faa91ecf7
  5. I can't remove the English United Kingdom on my keyboard layout.

I can't remove the English United Kingdom on my keyboard layout.: It's not showing under Settings. Can't remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-remove-the-english-united-kingdom-on-my/54545d94-4395-4507-9f54-2b4faa91ecf7
  6. EC-WS115 Sharp Weather Station. No CD for brand new unit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EC-WS115 Sharp Weather Station. No CD for brand new unit: I bought a brand new unit still in the wrapper, but there's no CD. There aren't any download links that work either. Does anyone have a copy of the CD I can use to set up my new paperweight? I have already done the updates to use a different API but I need the original...
  7. EC-WS115 Sharp Weather Station. No CD for brand new unit

EC-WS115 Sharp Weather Station. No CD for brand new unit: I bought a brand new unit still in the wrapper, but there's no CD. There aren't any download links that work either. Does anyone have a copy of the CD I can use to set up my new paperweight? I have already done the updates to use a different API but I need the original...
  8. Remove Windows Display Language: English United States

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Windows Display Language: English United States: Hi.How do I remove English United States as a display language? English United States is not listed as a keyboard, as my region, or in any other visible Windows settings. However, I've got English United Kingdom and English United States as my two display languages. I've...
  9. Remove Windows Display Language: English United States

Remove Windows Display Language: English United States: Hi.How do I remove English United States as a display language? English United States is not listed as a keyboard, as my region, or in any other visible Windows settings. However, I've got English United Kingdom and English United States as my two display languages. I've...
  10. Remove Windows Display Language: English United States

in Windows 10 Customization