Windows 10: How Can I Have No-Password-Required Login

Discus and support How Can I Have No-Password-Required Login in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Thought it would be simple to find something like "do not require a password for log in". But I cant. Looked in settings under....lockscreen. Right... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ImLost, Jun 20, 2018.

1. ImLost Win User

How Can I Have No-Password-Required Login

Thought it would be simple to find something like "do not require a password for log in". But I cant.

Looked in settings under....lockscreen. Right now when I first start, I get my windows 'picture', and it says my password was incorrect, try again, even though it just came up. This must be something simple to do somewhere, I dont get it why the info is not under...."lockscreen".

:)

ImLost, Jun 20, 2018

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jun 21, 2018
  3. How to Remove login screen and completely Disable login password ??

Hello,

We apologize for the delay in response.

as you have already tried to disable the login password from netplwiz, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • click on Categories and select Large icons.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Require password on wakeup.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Select the option, Don't require a password and click on
      Save changes

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 21, 2018
  4. AlDahlvig Win User

remove login password requirement

remove login password requirement

AlDahlvig, Jun 21, 2018
Thema:

1. How Can I Have No-Password-Required Login - Similar Threads - Password Required Login

2. I have forgotten my password for login on my computer!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have forgotten my password for login on my computer!: I have forgotten my password for login on my computer! Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-my-password-for-login-on-my/7bc149d4-c9ae-48d3-afd8-47ff266fa6e9"
  3. How can I stop having to sign in with a password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I stop having to sign in with a password?: I don't want to sign in with a password. How do I get rid of that requirement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-having-to-sign-in-with-a-password/591f6157-4bcb-4f28-8c27-450160ba8bf5
  4. How to make Windows 10 require username and password while login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to make Windows 10 require username and password while login: Hi, I want to make Windows 10 ask for user name and password during log on. Not only password but also username. I am using windows 10 1809, I have chage the registry and local security policy like this link...
  5. Factory reset requires password but don't have it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset requires password but don't have it: Why did the instructions for resetting my computer not say, "You will need your password, not your PIN for this process."????? I haven't used my password for a year and a half, but I have my PIN. However, that won't work!!!!! What do I do?...
  6. Password required

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password required: I have followed all instructions so that a password isn't required on my laptop. However, ever since the latest Windows 10 update, I have to type my password to get into Windows. For a number of reasons, I don't want to have to do that. What do I have to do to fix this?...
  7. How do I remove the Password and PIN requirement?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove the Password and PIN requirement?: I asked this once before and was given " NETPLWIZ " to remove the password and life was good. Then my IT guy installed the requirement for the PIN. How do we remove them again?...
  8. How to Bypass Login Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to Bypass Login Password: I want to sign into Windows without a password, So I un-ticked "Users must enter a user name and password..." in User Accounts (See below). Now when I boot up, the Password screen is bypassed, and all is good. But when I simply log out of my account, I have to enter a...
  9. 2 login screens at startup - no password required

2 login screens at startup - no password required: 1) Prior to the last win 10 update, when I turned on my PC I briefly got login background wallpaper without (!) a usier icon (UI), user name (UN), or "welcome" message (WM)- the pc then went directly to the desktop - no login required. 2) After the update I lost the login...
  10. No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.

No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.: After I configured to start up the Windows 10 with the safe mode as following method for uninstalling a software, it does not prompt to enter a password at login screen anymore. It was working fine until now. [img] [img] I have tried following but no luck....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no password required for login