Windows 10: How Can I Hide Users File From Other Users

Discus and support How Can I Hide Users File From Other Users in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Is there a way to create user files or folders that are not invisible to other users. Invisible to mean the other user see absolutely nothing to do... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Jerrythesurfer, Sep 24, 2017.

1. How Can I Hide Users File From Other Users

Is there a way to create user files or folders that are not invisible to other users. Invisible to mean the other user see absolutely nothing to do with another user. Users in this case to mean Windows 10 "Standard User" Please note that if solution cannot be accomplished with Home edition, please note that in your reply --Thanks

Here is an example. There are 2 user accounts on my computer, not including mine. The computer has a 2nd drive that I use for all my personal data. When I created a Standard User, that user apparently can see all my folders and files. They cannot open them but they can see the titles. I want to create an environment where each user only can see and manipulate those files and folders they create/own. Other than that the data drive would empty.

If this is something you know about or dealt with I would very much like to hear your thoughts and a concrete and simple way to accomplish this.

Again, thanks
    Jerry

:)

Jerrythesurfer, Sep 24, 2017

2. How can I restore other users?

In an attempt to maintain some privacy, I must have eliminated existing users in my family when I upgraded to 10.

Mark Shelly, Sep 24, 2017
  3. How can I restore other users?

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Are you referring to create child accounts?

If so, refer the article created on "Add a child account to your family" and see if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/add-child-account

In case if you need to create a local user account, then here's how to create another account on your PC for a child or someone else who doesn't have a Microsoft account.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type settings and select
      Settings.

• Select Accounts > Other user accounts.

• Under Manage other accounts, select Add an account.

• At the bottom of the page, select Sign in without a Microsoft account.

• Select Local account.

• Enter a name for the new account. If you want this person to sign in with a password, enter and verify the password, add a password hint, and then select
      Next.

• Select Finish.
    Let us know in case of any concerns, we're glad to assist you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 24, 2017
  4. How Can I Hide Users File From Other Users

kreemoweet, Sep 24, 2017
Thema:

How Can I Hide Users File From Other Users

1. How Can I Hide Users File From Other Users - Similar Threads - Hide Users File

2. Users - blocking access to other users' files - can it be done

in Windows 10 Customization
    Users - blocking access to other users' files - can it be done: Is there any way to block a user from accessing the files of the main account in Win10?I have gone to security to find the other user's account to block, but I can't find it. Have tried adding it, but no where to be found.thanks...
  3. Users - blocking access to other users' files - can it be done

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Users - blocking access to other users' files - can it be done: Is there any way to block a user from accessing the files of the main account in Win10?I have gone to security to find the other user's account to block, but I can't find it. Have tried adding it, but no where to be found.thanks...
  4. Users - blocking access to other users' files - can it be done

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to hide file from other family users?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to hide file from other family users?: I've hidden my files by changing properties of the files so that only I can see them when wanted through show hidden items option, but when someone from my family group in their space use the same option show hidden items they can also see them in my drive. So, I want to...
  6. How can I hide apps from others users?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I hide apps from others users?: Ive just started using windows abd want to know how to hide things like installed games from others i share my pc with. I an sharing my pc with my parents, I made them profiles but they dont have microsoft accounts....
  7. Hiding files and folders from other users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hiding files and folders from other users: Hello All, I have D drive which has storage of 1000GB HDD. I have added multiple users, thinking that one user cannot see the files and folders of other users in D drive. But evetually they all could see each other files and folders. Is there any way to restrict users from...
  8. Hiding folders from other user account

in Windows 10 Support
    Hiding folders from other user account: Hi all, I have a PC with Windows 10 Home (1903, 64 bit). I log in via Microsoft admin account and someone else logs in via a standard local account. Is it possible to hide the admin account user data folder/s from the local account user while having the folder/s visible to...
  9. hide "other user" text from login page

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    hide "other user" text from login page: Hi All, I enabled the security policy to not display last logged on user, but now it says OTHER USER, and I don't like how it looks. I would like to just hide that text completely, while keeping that policy enabled. Has anyone found a way to do this? Thank you! 52190
  10. Hide other user name from login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Hide other user name from login screen: I have my user account which is connected with ms account which shows my email along with my user name on login screen. I made one more admin account without ms account and made it a default user with password. Now on login screen on left side both my accounts show up. Is...