Windows 10: How can I import .pst file from Outlook 10 to Win 365

Discus and support How can I import .pst file from Outlook 10 to Win 365 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How can I import .pst file from Outlook 10 to Win 365. Can't find "pst" files in Win 10. Just upgraded to Win 10 and Office 365. Win 10 was a clean... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by BarrieNoodles, Jul 11, 2016.

1. How can I import .pst file from Outlook 10 to Win 365

How can I import .pst file from Outlook 10 to Win 365. Can't find "pst" files in Win 10.
    Just upgraded to Win 10 and Office 365. Win 10 was a clean install.

:)

BarrieNoodles, Jul 11, 2016

2. I bought a new PC with Windows 10 pre-installed. I also installed Office 2016. I .find that I am unable to import .pst files into the Mail client.

You cant import PST files into the win 10 mail client.

PST files can be imported into Outlook and other email clients.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 11, 2016
  3. Importing a PST file to WIndows Mail App

Hi I have just upgraded to WIN 10 from Win 7. I was using MS Outlook for my business email and want to use the outlook app available as a part of Win 10. But cant seem to be able to import the pst file to the app. Any ideas on how it can be done?

AtulAgnihotri, Jul 11, 2016
  4. StanP50 Win User

How can I import .pst file from Outlook 10 to Win 365

Couple of questions:
    1. When you say you did a "Clean Install" did you reformat your HD before or during the install?
    2. If so, did you make a backup or an image of your old Windows installation before the install?
    3. If a backup or image was made, what app did you use to make it?

StanP50, Jul 12, 2016
  5. StanP50,
    A new 1 TB SSD drive was installed. No BU or image of OLd Windows. Win 7 was installed and then updated to Win 10. I have a back up of the old .pst file.

BarrieNoodles, Jul 12, 2016
  6. StanP50 Win User
    If you have not setup your OUtlook365 yet, all you need to do is copy your old .pst file to a folder on your hard drive (call it email). When you go to setup your Outlook account, during the setup, you will be given an opportunity to either create a new .pst file, or open an existing, choose open and existing and the navigate to the email folder holding the old .pst file, select it, and WALA, you have your email back to when you backed it up, or saved it, or whatever.

If you have already setup your Outlook with a new .pst file, follow the same, copy the old to a folder, but this time, open Outlook, click File, Open, Outlook Data File...then navigate to the folder, select the old .pst file and you will then have another set of personal folders in Outlook which will be like an archived email pst, and you can then drag & Drop, or copy or move your old email, if you want, to the new email folders. Personally, depending on how big the old .pst file was, I'd leave it as an archive..

StanP50, Jul 12, 2016
  7. Thank you, finally got it working. Deleted new pst file and copied old pst file into DataFile. Saved my ass, I have 100's of emails I save for a year to refer back to and I was lost without them. Clean install Win 10 is a pain. Thanks again.

BarrieNoodles, Jul 13, 2016
  8. StanP50 Win User

More than welcome, glad I could be of some help.

StanP50, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I import .pst file from Outlook 10 to Win 365 - Similar Threads - import pst file

2. outlook pst file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook pst file: hi the file working fine on my pc, and was on my tablet till few hours ago, i tried put the pst file on my usb to save space as kept getting one drive was nearly full, but outlook would not open when i try to go back keep getting this message popping up, gone as it says into...
  3. outlook pst file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outlook pst file: hi the file working fine on my pc, and was on my tablet till few hours ago, i tried put the pst file on my usb to save space as kept getting one drive was nearly full, but outlook would not open when i try to go back keep getting this message popping up, gone as it says into...
  4. How Can I Import PST File to Windows Live Mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Import PST File to Windows Live Mail?: I have a PST file that I need to access in my Windows Live Mail account. Is there any secure option to move the data file to my WLM mailbox? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-import-pst-file-to-windows-live-mail/8b3a4112-f71a-4b9c-9886-6f35060bfe79
  5. how do i import a PST file into outlook Version 16005.14326.21374.0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i import a PST file into outlook Version 16005.14326.21374.0: how do i import a PST file into outlook Version 16005.14326.21374.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-import-a-pst-file-into-outlook-version/2ba8bf1a-35b4-45e6-9cde-439ffb85c424
  6. how do i import a PST file into outlook Version 16005.14326.21374.0

how do i import a PST file into outlook Version 16005.14326.21374.0: how do i import a PST file into outlook Version 16005.14326.21374.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-import-a-pst-file-into-outlook-version/2ba8bf1a-35b4-45e6-9cde-439ffb85c424
  7. Import Outlook .pst files into O365 Outlook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Import Outlook .pst files into O365 Outlook: Hi all, I have just updated my W8.1 to W10 and discovered that the Mail app in W10 cannot import outlook .pst files or contacts, My old version of W8.1 is gone and I no longer have access to Outlook, all i have is the backup .pst files If I go down the path of buying O365...
  8. import outlook ost file into outlook 365

import outlook ost file into outlook 365: import outlook ost file into outlook 365 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-outlook-ost-file-into-outlook-365/71d73c46-8c71-4d6b-9b78-537990f59d3a
  9. Outlook pst files

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook pst files: This is weird I am trying to copy the pst from my main computer it is roughly 4GB in size to a USB stick to import it to my new laptop. I have 43GB of empty space on my stick yet I get the error message that the pst file is to big for my stick. Now that is weird can anyone...
  10. Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file: How to: Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file How to Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file Outlook 2016 lets you focus on whats important with a clear view of email, calendars, and contacts. If you have already exported your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. loading windows phone with pst file

2. cannot create pst file. the path is too long

3. how to import a pst file to outlook 365 windows 10

4. how to transfer outlook 10 to 365,
  5. can i import a pst file on a windows phone?