Windows 10: How can I keep the unwanted keyboard layout from reappearing?

Discus and support How can I keep the unwanted keyboard layout from reappearing? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I’ve removed a keyboard layout from my keyboard settings, but if I later try to switch keyboard layouts using the hotkey (Windows Key + Spacebar) or by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnP Lee, Jul 25, 2018.

1. JohnP Lee Win User

How can I keep the unwanted keyboard layout from reappearing?

I’ve removed a keyboard layout from my keyboard settings, but if I later try to switch keyboard layouts using the hotkey (Windows Key + Spacebar) or by clicking the keyboard layout on the taskbar, the unwanted keyboard layout sometimes randomly reappears as one of my options, forcing me to go back into keyboard settings to remove it again.

:)

JohnP Lee, Jul 25, 2018

2. Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

When I type in French I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout. This is what I have configured in my settings and it is what worked fine for me for years until a week or two ago (which suggests the April update may have had something to do with it).

Now when I switch to French I find that I am often in another layout which I believe to be the Canadian French layout, although I am not completely sure. It is similar to the Canadian multilingual with the most notable difference being that the è and the / are swapped round. I have never chosen the Canadian French keyboard in my preferences and it isn't listed there now. Canadian Multilingual is what is listed.

What's even more annoying is that the layout seems to switch randomly between Canadian Multilingual and Canadian French while I am typing, so I am never really sure what is going to happen when I try to type an è.

How can I get my keyboard to consistently be Canadian Multilingual when I am typing in French?

ricecrispies, Jul 25, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

You could see if you can use the override default input option, assuming this is available (I think it isn't if you only have one keyboard installed- which would be logical). This worked in a similar case where the user had an unwanted keyboard layout in use.

(Note- appearance may differ if you are on build 1803)

Set Default Keyboard Layout in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

dalchina, Jul 25, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I keep the unwanted keyboard layout from reappearing? - Similar Threads - keep unwanted keyboard

2. How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?: Hello, I can't delete unwanted keyboard layouts.I tried deleting it with Powershell and regedit but it didn't work. Before that I tried deleting the language in the settings and reinstalling it, but nothing worked. The keyboards were still there. I use only 2 of these...
  3. How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?: Hello, I can't delete unwanted keyboard layouts.I tried deleting it with Powershell and regedit but it didn't work. Before that I tried deleting the language in the settings and reinstalling it, but nothing worked. The keyboards were still there. I use only 2 of these...
  4. Unwanted keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted keyboard layout: HiMy laptop shows an extra keyboard layout [German Germany Albanian] and I cannont remove it. It doesn't appear in "Preffered Langauges" List.Any Ideas to remove it?Thanks in adcance.** I cannot insert pictures here, you can show this capture on Drive....
  5. Unwanted keyboard layout

Unwanted keyboard layout: HiMy laptop shows an extra keyboard layout [German Germany Albanian] and I cannont remove it. It doesn't appear in "Preffered Langauges" List.Any Ideas to remove it?Thanks in adcance.** I cannot insert pictures here, you can show this capture on Drive....
  6. Unwanted keyboard layouts keep appearing when I restart

Unwanted keyboard layouts keep appearing when I restart: I only want us English and korean but these random unwanted keyboard layouts keep appearing when I restart, and I don't know how to remove them can anyone help me?...
  7. How to keep US Keyboard layout from reappearing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to keep US Keyboard layout from reappearing?: Hi!I have my Windows 10 set to English but with Swedish keyboard layout. I keep getting US keyboard layout added as a second choice, which creates a bit of a problem for me when gaming, since Alt+Shift switches it to US and I need to use both of these keys simultaneously...
  8. How to keep US Keyboard layout from reappearing?

How to keep US Keyboard layout from reappearing?: Hi!I have my Windows 10 set to English but with Swedish keyboard layout. I keep getting US keyboard layout added as a second choice, which creates a bit of a problem for me when gaming, since Alt+Shift switches it to US and I need to use both of these keys simultaneously...
  9. How to keep US Keyboard layout from reappearing?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Unwanted keyboard layout keeps showing up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted keyboard layout keeps showing up: Hi everyone, I got a really weird problem which keeps disturbing my typing experience for half of a year. I mainly use two keyboards: English (US) and Chinese Simplified - Pinyin. However, every time I restart the PC, an English (US) - International keyboard layout...