Windows 10: How can I launch the Context Menu (without using mouse Right-Click)

Discus and support How can I launch the Context Menu (without using mouse Right-Click) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I have a Logitech MK700 keyboard. To fire up the Context Menu (i.e. the thing that pops up when you do a mouse right-click) you have to hit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ship69, Oct 14, 2016.

1. ship69 Win User

How can I launch the Context Menu (without using mouse Right-Click)

Hello

I have a Logitech MK700 keyboard. To fire up the Context Menu (i.e. the thing that pops up when you do a mouse right-click) you have to hit Function key (i.e. "FN") + "Print Screen"

I would like to us the Context Menu a lot. How can I get the Context Menu to be fired up using different keys?

i.e. The software that comes with they keyboard "Setpoint" allows you to change what the F-keys do. e.g. Launch Program or Show Custom Menu.

Is there something I can call in Windows that will fire up the Context Menu?

Cheers

J

EDIT: Shift+F10 doesn't work on my keyboard.

EDIT02: Typo alert! It's MK700 and not ML700. I have now corrected the above accordingly.

:)

ship69, Oct 14, 2016

2. Flickering text on 4K @ 60Hz

still working ok for you with the mouse trailing on 60hz? So you can right click and use context menus without flickering?

BullerTech, Oct 14, 2016
  3. Right click on desktop not working Windows 10

Hi,

In case you're having issue using the right-mouse button, you can still use the keyboard. It it's located on the lower right part of the keyboard beside the right "Ctrl" and it's called the "Menu" key to launch context menu.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Oct 14, 2016
  4. cbwilsha Win User

First, there is no "the context menu" as it varies according to the application you are using or window you have activated. The context menu key is located on your keyboard between the right side ALT and CTRL keys. Striking that key will give you whatever context menu is appropriate the same as a right click with a mouse.

cbwilsha, Oct 14, 2016
  5. essenbe Win User
  6. ship69 Win User
  7. ship69 Win User
    Nope that gives the same menu as you get if you Right-click the Windows Start button. It starts with "Programs and Features"...

ship69, Oct 14, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

Good post, here is a pic to go along with it*Wink

How can I launch the Context Menu (without using mouse Right-Click) [​IMG]

Cliff S, Oct 14, 2016
  9. cbwilsha Win User
    Thank you, Cliff. The OP hasn't commented on my (our) reference although it is a direct answer to his question.

cbwilsha, Oct 14, 2016
  10. ship69 Win User
    Nope on my keyboard it says "FN" in sort of mustard colour. Hitting it on its own has no effect.

ship69, Oct 14, 2016
  11. ship69 Win User
    How can I launch the Context Menu (without using mouse Right-Click) [​IMG]

As you can see (if this comes out okay) it's a bit of an inconvenient stretch for something that I will need to use the whole time. Either I use the right hand with a big stretch or move the left hand all the way across and use both hands. But either way it's too easy to mess the correct keys! In fact I keep hitting FN +"Pause Break" which turns the entire PC off... :^[

ship69, Oct 14, 2016
  12. Cliff S New Member
    Ahhh!!! That's just lousy.*Sad
    Almost all other keyboards have a menu key(what it's actually called) because most operating systems have menus(RCmenus).

Cliff S, Oct 14, 2016
  13. essenbe Win User

It depends on which model keyboard you have. I have a Logitech wireless and a Logitech Gaming Keyboard. My wireless keyboard is the same as yours. My gaming keyboard has no FN keys and the menu key is like shown in @Cliff S picture.

essenbe, Oct 14, 2016
  14. Cliff S New Member
    Here is the keyboard shortcut:
    SHIFT+F10 Display the shortcut menu for the selected item.

A bit more: SHIFT+F10 Display the shortcut menu for the selected item. ALT+SPACEBAR Display the System menu for the active window. CTRL+ESC Display the Start menu. ALT+Underlined letter in a menu name Display the corresponding menu.

Cliff S, Oct 14, 2016
  15. cbwilsha Win User
    Cliff, he stated earlier that Shift+F10 didn't work on his KB either. I googled Logitech ML700 and got nothing except his post above but the Logitech MK700 was prominently mentioned and it has the Menu key as described. Go figure!

cbwilsha, Oct 14, 2016
Thema:

1. How can I launch the Context Menu (without using mouse Right-Click) - Similar Threads - launch Context Menu

2. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  3. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  4. Right Click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right Click Context Menu: Is there a way to edit it? Mine has things I don't need. Also, is there a way to add things too? And if can't edit. just rearrange the order of the actions. Win10 Pro submitted by /u/Frankie_Hollywood [link] [comments]...
  5. Right Click mouse has no RENAME feature on the context menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Click mouse has no RENAME feature on the context menu: Good Day, I just went to rename a file on my computer and discovered that the "rename" entry on the right click context menu is missing. I am not sure how to proceed with this. Anyone have a fix for this? Thank you....
  6. Right Click Context menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click Context menu.: How can I change the size of the right click context menu? And can somebody tell me why the context menu changes its size automatically. Right now its showing like thispicture attached, earlier the width was less. [IMG]...
  7. How can I add "Print" to my right click Context Menu

in Browsers and Email
    How can I add "Print" to my right click Context Menu: I moved from Chrome to Firefox. Once I did that I noticed I can no longer right click on a webpage and select Print. How can I add Print to the Context Menu? 155164
  8. Right-click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click Context Menu: I click on ads on some websites and gadgets to give revenue to the service provider. Generally, I want to right-click, then click on 'Open Link in New Tab'. More and more, right-clicking is acting like left-clicking and taking me to the ad site in the current tab or doing...
  9. Right Click Context Menu Glitch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Click Context Menu Glitch: If I Right Click in File Explorer or on Desktop and hover over "New," The Menu Freezes as does file explorer and will hang for around 30 seconds to one minute. Very Frustrating and hope it can be fixed!...
  10. Right click context menu for explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click context menu for explorer: Trying to create a Right click context menu for explorer. I used to be able to launch VLC mediaplayer by right clicking on a Video_ts folder and chose play with VLC, seems to have gone for some reason...tried a few programs to help me with this but no luck yet....just tried...