Windows 10: How can I make disk stop crashing?

Discus and support How can I make disk stop crashing? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello! 3 or 4 days ago, when I launched a program (csgo) Steam told me to install the game even the game was already installed. What ever I pressed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TheNuclearLion, Dec 13, 2016.

1. How can I make disk stop crashing?

Hello!

3 or 4 days ago, when I launched a program (csgo) Steam told me to install the game even the game was already installed. What ever I pressed install, and than Steam was allocating space for csgo's folders. Then message that says the download is starting into steam appeared. I pressed finish and then I heared a loud noise: a rattle from the disk.
    It happens only when I open steam and download csgo... It is the first time when happens to me.
    What shall I do?

:)

TheNuclearLion, Dec 13, 2016
  2. hasole Win User

How can I make my e71 stop beeping

Handy calendar does the job, I also like in handy calendar how you can choose a reminder as an entry (same start/end time).

Now if you could only program one of the one touch keys to create the appt or reminder.

hasole, Dec 13, 2016
  3. tapaninyc Win User
    How can I make my e71 stop beeping

I have installed a 3rd party handy calendar now, so I don't need to worry about it anymore. FREEDOM from needing to recheck every appointment every day - well worth the $$$. :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

tapaninyc, Dec 13, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

How can I make disk stop crashing?

Back up, back up ... oh, did I mention you should back up if you haven't already?

Get e.g. Crystal Diskinfo, and inspect the SMART params of your disk- it gives a quick green/orange/red indication.

We strongly and repeatedly recommend disk imaging if you haven't already started using it. This lets you recover your PC even if you need to put a new disk in, quite quickly, probably without technical help. E.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage for images.

dalchina, Dec 14, 2016
  5. Asuza Win User
    Assuming it only happens with CS:GO and you can install every other game flawless you could try to delete CS:GO and install it in a different directory.

1) Go to your Games library in the Steam Client and right click CS:GO.
    2) Click "Install Game" from the menu. A new window will appear. This new window will display the game title, the Disk space needed, the Disk space available on the drive Steam is installed to, an estimated download time and the location for install.
    3) Under the Choose Location for Install, click the arrow and select "Create New Steam Library".
    4) Choose the location for this library folder. For example: C:\SteamApps

Try to launch the game after the installation has completed. If the problem still persists try the following:

InC:\Program Files\Steam (x86)\SteamApps\ delete everything except for the Common folder ( Your games are stored there ) and steam.exe

Proceed to launch steam.exe and Steam should repair itself.

Asuza, Dec 18, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    The first thing I would do is take dalchina's advice and backup.

Winuser, Dec 18, 2016
  7. RoadBlaster, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How can I make disk stop crashing?

1. How can I make disk stop crashing? - Similar Threads - disk stop crashing

2. how can i make my computer stop restarting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i make my computer stop restarting?: hello,i have acer aspire 3 and i can turn it on but after a minute it will start restarting and after a minute or so screen will appear and it repeat restarting and showing screen till i turn it off and it also won't charge. does someone know hot to fix that? thank you in...
  3. how can i make my computer stop restarting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i make my computer stop restarting?: hello,i have acer aspire 3 and i can turn it on but after a minute it will start restarting and after a minute or so screen will appear and it repeat restarting and showing screen till i turn it off and it also won't charge. does someone know hot to fix that? thank you in...
  4. How can I make Windows stop jittering/lagging?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make Windows stop jittering/lagging?: To explain it as easily as I can; my hardware such as CPU, RAM, GPU and Disk Drives will be at really low utilisation, yet the computer will randomly drop it's frames, even while I'm not doing much on the computer such as using Discord and Google.I recently upgraded from a...
  5. How can I make Windows stop jittering/lagging?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I make Windows stop jittering/lagging?: To explain it as easily as I can; my hardware such as CPU, RAM, GPU and Disk Drives will be at really low utilisation, yet the computer will randomly drop it's frames, even while I'm not doing much on the computer such as using Discord and Google.I recently upgraded from a...
  6. How can I make Windows stop jittering/lagging?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How can I stop 100% disk and the BSOD that comes with it

How can I stop 100% disk and the BSOD that comes with it: Can someone please help me ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-100-disk-and-the-bsod-that-comes/0afb8c0a-078c-4b76-bcab-643a7d9f921c
  8. My PC wont stop crashing. how can I stop it from crashing?

My PC wont stop crashing. how can I stop it from crashing?: Info: I have tried to stop these crashes by performing the chkdsk command, sfc /scannow, and swapping my ram with my old ram sticks, here is my system info: Device name DESKTOP-M1HL9NF Processor AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.50 GHz Installed RAM 8.00...
  9. My PC wont stop crashing. how can I stop it from crashing?

My PC wont stop crashing. how can I stop it from crashing?: Heres the info I got from event viewer no clue what it means though Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 116 Parameter 1: ffffda0a1040e420 Parameter 2: fffff8043d1ba030 Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: d OS version: 10_0_19042 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 768_1 OS...
  10. How can I make a disk image backup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I make a disk image backup?: How can I make a disk image backup in WINDOWS 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-a-disk-image-backup/6941df78-1339-4c8e-a894-b1d40106b24e