Windows 10: How can I make my second monitor keep its wallpaper after disconnecting and reconnecting?

Discus and support How can I make my second monitor keep its wallpaper after disconnecting and reconnecting? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a setup where my second monitor gets its input from an HDMI switch between my laptop and a game console. The only issue is when I switch sources... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JustinFraker, Feb 26, 2024.

1. How can I make my second monitor keep its wallpaper after disconnecting and reconnecting?

I have a setup where my second monitor gets its input from an HDMI switch between my laptop and a game console. The only issue is when I switch sources while my laptop is on, and then switch back to the laptop being the source, the wallpaper on my second monitor is the same as on my laptop, even though I prefer the two to have different wallpapers. Is there any way I can save the wallpaper so I don't have to switch it back every time?

:)

JustinFraker, Feb 26, 2024

2. Windows 10 won't return windows to reconnected second monitor

I am having an issue with windows 10 on a laptop. I have a second monitor I use at my desk that occasionally needs to be disconnected as I need to move my laptop around. When I do this, all of my open windows that were on the second monitor move to the
    laptops monitor, but when I reconnect the second monitor, I need to move all of the windows back to the second monitor. The second monitor is connected via VGA.

What I want is when I reconnect my second monitor I want all of my windows that were pulled off of the second monitor to move back to the second monitor when it is reconnected. Is this possible on Windows 10?

TJ Williams, Feb 26, 2024
  3. 1CENUKE Win User
    Second monitor wallpaper resets wallpaper on startup

On startup, my second monitor wallpaper always changes to the wallpaper on my main wallpaper. This happens until I go on rearrange displays and move it slightly and click apply, which then displays the intended wallpaper on the second display. However,
    currently I have to mess around with the display settings every single time i startup the pc, which is proving to be very annoying.

1CENUKE, Feb 26, 2024
  4. How can I make my second monitor keep its wallpaper after disconnecting and reconnecting?

Windows 10 does not recognise second monitor

Hi Raffaele,

For us to sort out this problem with your dual monitors, we'd like to gather more information about what happened so we can address the issue appropriately. Below are a few questions we'd like to ask:

• Does the monitor on the laptop work if you disconnect the other monitor?
    • Is the second monitor connected to the laptop using a DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort cable?

While waiting for your feedback, we suggest that you disconnect the second monitor from the laptop and check if its own monitor is working. If not, restart the laptop and check again.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

How can I make my second monitor keep its wallpaper after disconnecting and reconnecting?

1. How can I make my second monitor keep its wallpaper after disconnecting and reconnecting? - Similar Threads - second monitor keep

2. Windows keeps changing wallpaper on second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps changing wallpaper on second monitor: I have two monitors, one in portait modedisplay 2 and one in landscape modedisplay 1. I set up my wallpapers by right-clicking on the desktop, hitting personalize, going into back grounds and then right clicking to choose which display the wallpaper in question will be...
  3. Windows keeps changing wallpaper on second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps changing wallpaper on second monitor: I have two monitors, one in portait modedisplay 2 and one in landscape modedisplay 1. I set up my wallpapers by right-clicking on the desktop, hitting personalize, going into back grounds and then right clicking to choose which display the wallpaper in question will be...
  4. How can I make my second monitor keep its wallpaper after disconnecting and reconnecting?

How can I make my second monitor keep its wallpaper after disconnecting and reconnecting?: I have a setup where my second monitor gets its input from an HDMI switch between my laptop and a game console. The only issue is when I switch sources while my laptop is on, and then switch back to the laptop being the source, the wallpaper on my second monitor is the same...
  5. My keyboard keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

My keyboard keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: Whenener i use my PC, the keyboard will randomly not work or entirely disconnect and reconnect, the intervals vary as sometimes it will for 1-3s not work, then magically work again, and whenever it does the keyboard "shuts off" completely, and sometimes it even disconnects...
  6. my mouse keeps disconnecting and reconnecting.

my mouse keeps disconnecting and reconnecting.: hello ive had this problem for a while now and from time to time it disconnects and reconnects and its very irritating, ive already switched mouses and on my previous mouse it was much worse then when i switched to my current mouse the issue disappeared for like 2 months and...
  7. HDD keeps getting disconnected and reconnects after a few seconds

HDD keeps getting disconnected and reconnects after a few seconds: So, after getting a brand new pc with a NVME, I needed more space to store files, so I bought a Disc Toshida X300 Performance HDWE140UZSVA, which worked fine but I noticed that it made quite a lot of noise when being accessed, so I talked to the company and after a few months...
  8. HDD keeps getting disconnected and reconnects after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD keeps getting disconnected and reconnects after a few seconds: So, after getting a brand new pc with a NVME, I needed more space to store files, so I bought a Disco Toshida X300 Performance HDWE140UZSVA, which worked fine but I noticed that it made quite a lot of noise when being accessed, so I talked to the company and after a few...
  9. HDD keeps getting disconnected and reconnects after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD keeps getting disconnected and reconnects after a few seconds: So, after getting a brand new pc with a NVME, I needed more space to store files, so I bought a Disco Toshida X300 Performance HDWE140UZSVA, which worked fine but I noticed that it made quite a lot of noise when being accessed, so I talked to the company and after a few...
  10. Mouse keeps disconnecting and reconnecting a second or so later

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse keeps disconnecting and reconnecting a second or so later: This has been going on for 2 days and its just so unbearable. I’ve tried messing with stuff in device manager, but it still doesnt work. Can somebody please help? Also, i use a virtual machine. Shadow.tech is the name. submitted by /u/LocalBoxDude [link] [comments]...