Windows 10: How can I make the num lock stay on?

Discus and support How can I make the num lock stay on? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Long time since the last post on this subject and the problem seeemed to be solved with registry change (initialkeyboardindicators to 2) and turn off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bamagull, Jul 31, 2015.

1. trd3v3lop Win User

How can I make the num lock stay on?

i got used to live with it. ****ing microsoft..
    A temporary fix: when on your login screen turn on num-lock and restart.

trd3v3lop, May 25, 2017
  2. mrgeek Win User

I have had to reinstall windows completely with version 1607 and now that fix does not work .

fyi; Win10 1703 has fixed the problem with no user intervention needed.

mrgeek, May 25, 2017
  3. Berton Win User
    I've found that the 'fix' saves the current state of the NumLock, i.e. if On at shutdown/reboot it should be On when back up and running. If the NumLock is Off when shutting down it should still be Off when next starting.

My biggest gripe: Win10 turns Off the NumLock light on Notebooks, okay on Desktop keyboards, like to use the PIN for Logon so the light is an important cue.

Berton, May 25, 2017
  4. jdob28 Win User

When my computer wakes up, the number keys work for the log on pin, but then are turned off sometime during reopening Windows.

jdob28, Apr 4, 2018
  5. jdob28 Win User
    I am running 1709 and it still doesn't work! Has anyone found an actual fix that works on all platforms? *Mad

jdob28, Apr 17, 2018
  6. mrgeek Win User
    *Banghead
    Someone else will have to chime in. I don't have this issue any more on the more than dozen 1709 computers that I support and almost all use a PIN to log in.

mrgeek, Apr 17, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I make the num lock stay on? - Similar Threads - num lock stay

2. how can i unable num lock?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i unable num lock?: i tried to enable num lock button but i was unable to do so https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-unable-num-lock/f6822e88-57ae-4a74-8396-2b8a4b43c582
  3. how can i unable num lock?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i unable num lock?: i tried to enable num lock button but i was unable to do so https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-unable-num-lock/f6822e88-57ae-4a74-8396-2b8a4b43c582
  4. Num lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Num lock: bios numlock is on, registry in default user is set to 2 as well as specific users, as they look date formatted i dont think it matters, but they were all 0 so i changed them all num lock turns off every time i log in. why doesn't microsoft listen to the bios setting, or...
  5. How can I turn off the Caps Lock and Num Lock overlay?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I turn off the Caps Lock and Num Lock overlay?: When I toggle caps lock and num lock there is a notification on my screen. How do I turn this off? This doesn't work because I don't have a "Screen configurations" tab (maybe because I am using multiple monitors?). Thanks! submitted by /u/wafflewrestler [link] [comments]...
  6. num lock will not stay on

num lock will not stay on: num lock will not stay on, in the regstry the value is set at two? thanks re https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/num-lock-will-not-stay-on/2a8683d3-9d36-4b22-94c0-3d71c97bcc0a
  7. num lock

num lock: My num lock and the number keys on the far right of the keyboard do not work while on the internet. They work normally if not. I can not use the keys to include them in an email. Need some help. By the way the number keys on the top of the keyboard work in both formats....
  8. Num Lock

Num Lock: Why can't WINDOWS include a setting so that non-gamers can choose to have Num Lock permanently ON unless the keyboard key is depressed. I've tried several 'fixes' but none work and Num Lock comes up OFF every start-up and sometimes goes off randomly during normal use. My PC...
  9. Num Lock

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Num Lock: When I restart my computer the num lock is disabled. How do I keep it on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_8/num-lock/e59ee399-5c71-4de8-8f07-44744b9ee600
  10. Num lock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Num lock: How do I get NUM LOCK OFF recognized for numbers to print? Characters will not register. 61221