Windows 10: How can I open an .obj file in Blender

Discus and support How can I open an .obj file in Blender in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have unintentionally set up opening .obj file by Microsoft Paint as default, but I want to use Blender for this purpose. How can I change it back so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Joshy Joshy, Aug 16, 2018.

1. How can I open an .obj file in Blender

I have unintentionally set up opening .obj file by Microsoft Paint as default, but I want to use Blender for this purpose. How can I change it back so I could import the file in Blender on win7

:)

Joshy Joshy, Aug 16, 2018

2. 3D Builder Export to obj with colors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if OBJ file is exported correctly or the file is corrupt.

3D Builder can view, capture, personalize, and print 3D models using 3D Builder. Download many kinds of 3D files and edit them using the 3D modeling space. Take a picture with your webcam and make it 3D. Personalize 3D files by embossing your name, or combine
    models and pieces to make something new.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

• Have you created another 3D format files through 3D Builder app and checked in another 3D modelling program?
    • When you say that "but the OBJ generated does not seem to contain texture/color information", by which app or applications have you tried to open the OBJ 3D file?

I suggest you export the 3D file to another file other than OBJ file. Check if the texture and picture is visible or not.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Aug 16, 2018
  4. jgunning Win User

How can I open an .obj file in Blender

Blender 2.63 Crashing

Hi all,

Dont know how many people still use blender, but im experiencing troubles on running blender.It crashes straight away and says "runtime error, this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

I have looked on the blender forums, i have tried reinstalling mvc++ runtime files.
    Nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions...?

jgunning, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

How can I open an .obj file in Blender

1. How can I open an .obj file in Blender - Similar Threads - open obj file

2. What will open obj file in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What will open obj file in windows: I want to bring a Maya obj file or any of the Maya exports into Photoshop and After Effects. It will do it on a Mac computer, but not on Windows and unfortunately, my school computer lab is windows. I have tried almost all the export options. The latest was Export...
  3. GLB & OBJ Blender Files Exporting and Showing Up Blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GLB & OBJ Blender Files Exporting and Showing Up Blank: Hello, hate to bother this group again, but still stuck with this problem. Below is a link to where I ended up with Zadee, and really appreciate the help but still having difficulty. The ability to change the app I export with is not working, when I click Blender it doesn't...
  4. GLB & OBJ Blender Files Exporting and Showing Up Blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GLB & OBJ Blender Files Exporting and Showing Up Blank: Hello, hate to bother this group again, but still stuck with this problem. Below is a link to where I ended up with Zadee, and really appreciate the help but still having difficulty. The ability to change the app I export with is not working, when I click Blender it doesn't...
  5. Anyone? GLB & OBJ Blender Files Showing Up As Blanks, & Not Exporting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Anyone? GLB & OBJ Blender Files Showing Up As Blanks, & Not Exporting: Re-upping this post, thanks to Zadee, but stuck on not being able to change the app that exports Blender files in a way that works, not sure this is even the problem. But just not able to get my former and current GLB exports to show up properly. Thanks so...
  6. Anyone? GLB & OBJ Blender Files Showing Up As Blanks, & Not Exporting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone? GLB & OBJ Blender Files Showing Up As Blanks, & Not Exporting: Re-upping this post, thanks to Zadee, but stuck on not being able to change the app that exports Blender files in a way that works, not sure this is even the problem. But just not able to get my former and current GLB exports to show up properly. Thanks so...
  7. Anyone? GLB & OBJ Blender Files Showing Up As Blanks, & Not Exporting

8. GLB & OBJ Blender Files Showing Up As Blanks, & Not Exporting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GLB & OBJ Blender Files Showing Up As Blanks, & Not Exporting: Hello Microsoft Community, All of my GLB files exported from Blender are showing up as blanks and I have no idea why. Have used Blender with no problems before, it is also happening with OBJ files. Please help, THANKS!...
  9. GLB & OBJ Blender Files Showing Up As Blanks, & Not Exporting

GLB & OBJ Blender Files Showing Up As Blanks, & Not Exporting: Hello Microsoft Community, All of my GLB files exported from Blender are showing up as blanks and I have no idea why. Have used Blender with no problems before, it is also happening with OBJ files. Please help, THANKS!...
  10. GLB & OBJ Blender Files Showing Up As Blanks, & Not Exporting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open obj file

2. what files can blender open

3. what files can be opened in blender

4. unable to open first.obj,
  5. how to open obj. files on blender,
  6. can i open an obj file on my iphone,
  7. blender open obj files with external texture,
  8. open older .obj file with newer version of blender,
  9. i cant open blender obj,
  10. windows open obj file,
  11. open obj in blender,