Windows 10: How can I prevent a Windows 10 updates from destroying my computer again, again, again?

Discus and support How can I prevent a Windows 10 updates from destroying my computer again, again, again? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Everytime I get a new computer it's amazing, runs fast, no lagging, everything is perfect and Life is GREAT! Then.... Windows does an update, which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThePlasmoid, Jul 26, 2018.

1. How can I prevent a Windows 10 updates from destroying my computer again, again, again?

Everytime I get a new computer it's amazing, runs fast, no lagging, everything is perfect and Life is GREAT! Then.... Windows does an update, which is understandable, pc running and booting a little slower, then another update....running and booting a little slower again. I turn off auto updates... THEN it updates again in backround.... Computer booting and running even slower.. Then more updates, more lag, longer boot times, more updates, exponential degradation of computers performance to updates from then on.. Then after updates after update copy of a copy of a copy of a destroyer update wipe windows and start process all over again, again. H o w D o I S t o p T h e s e D e s t r o y e r A d d o n s, I m e a n, U p d a t e s ??

:)

ThePlasmoid, Jul 26, 2018
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jul 26, 2018
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jul 26, 2018
  4. erocker Win User

How can I prevent a Windows 10 updates from destroying my computer again, again, again?

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Any Windows update breaks my Creative sound drivers. Best way for me is to disable it via group policy:

• Go to Run –> gpedit.msc
    • In the Group Policy Editor, go to Computer Configuration –> Administrative Templates –> System –> Device Installation –> Device Installation Restrictions
    • In the right hand pane, select “Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings” and set it to Enabled.
    Once that's done, uninstall the driver Windows put in there and install the correct one.

erocker, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

How can I prevent a Windows 10 updates from destroying my computer again, again, again?

1. How can I prevent a Windows 10 updates from destroying my computer again, again, again? - Similar Threads - prevent updates destroying

2. Updating my laptop again and again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating my laptop again and again.: specifications Processor : IntelR CoreTM i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz Installed RAM :4.00 GB 3.88 GB usable System type :64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition : Windows 10 Home Single LanguageVersion : 21H2Experience : Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  3. Updating my laptop again and again.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating my laptop again and again.: specifications Processor : IntelR CoreTM i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz Installed RAM :4.00 GB 3.88 GB usable System type :64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition : Windows 10 Home Single LanguageVersion : 21H2Experience : Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  4. Updating my laptop again and again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How can I prevent the Windows 10 October Update from being downloaded again?

How can I prevent the Windows 10 October Update from being downloaded again?: The Windows 10 October update did not work on my computer at all. I was able to uninstall it and revert to an earlier version of Windows 10. I currently have updates paused, but it says that after 12/23/2020 updates will resume. How can I prevent the October Windows 10 update...
  6. How do I prevent this from happening again?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I prevent this from happening again?: It took me forever to figure out how to even use my new laptop without being forced to log into my hotmail account. I'm just not going to do it, I hate this about Windows 10. Anyway, I opened my laptop today to see this screen that almost gave me a heart attach because I was...
  7. microsoft destroys again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft destroys again: I have had contact with every edition of software going back to dos. what are you guys godzilla? do you find it funny to crash crush and generally break **** like my children use to do? I get sucked into every new edition because you know longer update the previous version....
  8. Windows Update fails again - and again, and again, etc!!

Windows Update fails again - and again, and again, etc!!: My desktop is running Windows 10 Pro version 1709 build 16299.371. After many months and dozens of attempts, the Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1803 ALWAYS FAILS. In the process of failing it usually leaves the computer at least hung, and often unusable/unbootable....
  9. Computer restarting again and again

Computer restarting again and again: Hello, Today when i turned on my PC, i found a shocking and irritating problem in my PC. Firstly, it was not turning on, after i cleaned it, it turned on and booted and showed an error 'your device ran into a problem' and started repairing. After it repaired itself, it...
  10. ntkrnlmp.exe bsod windows 10 (again & again & again & again)

ntkrnlmp.exe bsod windows 10 (again & again & again & again): Hello everyone, I keep on getting bsod's due to ntkrnlmp.exe in Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. This is the analysis carried out by WhoCrashed. Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer. On Wed 09/12/2015 08:51:58 GMT your computer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can i defer a windows update that breaks my system