Windows 10: How can I prevent a Windows 10 updates from destroying my computer again, again, again?

Discus and support How can I prevent a Windows 10 updates from destroying my computer again, again, again? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Everytime I get a new computer it's amazing, runs fast, no lagging, everything is perfect and Life is GREAT! Then.... Windows does an update, which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThePlasmoid, Jul 26, 2018.

1. How can I prevent a Windows 10 updates from destroying my computer again, again, again?

Everytime I get a new computer it's amazing, runs fast, no lagging, everything is perfect and Life is GREAT! Then.... Windows does an update, which is understandable, pc running and booting a little slower, then another update....running and booting a little slower again. I turn off auto updates... THEN it updates again in backround.... Computer booting and running even slower.. Then more updates, more lag, longer boot times, more updates, exponential degradation of computers performance to updates from then on.. Then after updates after update copy of a copy of a copy of a destroyer update wipe windows and start process all over again, again. H o w D o I S t o p T h e s e D e s t r o y e r A d d o n s, I m e a n, U p d a t e s ??

:)

ThePlasmoid, Jul 26, 2018
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jul 26, 2018
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jul 26, 2018
  4. erocker Win User

How can I prevent a Windows 10 updates from destroying my computer again, again, again?

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Any Windows update breaks my Creative sound drivers. Best way for me is to disable it via group policy:

• Go to Run –> gpedit.msc
    • In the Group Policy Editor, go to Computer Configuration –> Administrative Templates –> System –> Device Installation –> Device Installation Restrictions
    • In the right hand pane, select “Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings” and set it to Enabled.
    Once that's done, uninstall the driver Windows put in there and install the correct one.

erocker, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

How can I prevent a Windows 10 updates from destroying my computer again, again, again?

1. How can I prevent a Windows 10 updates from destroying my computer again, again, again? - Similar Threads - prevent updates destroying

2. 0x800f0922 again again again unable to update for 9 months

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    0x800f0922 again again again unable to update for 9 months: Are you a robot? MS? Then you wont bother. Impossible to update W10 with this dreaded "error-code" (generic no.) Could be related to .NET Could be related to "MS Reserved Partition" Could be related to absolutely anything. How am I to tell? They say "Reserved...
  3. Pc restating again and again

Pc restating again and again: After factory resetting windows 10 to try make my pc faster, it comes onto a screen asking me to select my region, keyboard layout and time zone, after clicking next it comes onto a second screen on which It says that there's a problem fixing your pc ready to use and ask me...
  4. Pc restarting again and again

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc restarting again and again: I am not having Quick heal in my pc but still i face problem of system restarting and saying llio.sys failed. Please tell me a solution for it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-restarting-again-and-again/804885aa-bc8c-410d-953f-4fedf263ed6c
  5. Windows update downloading update again and again.

Windows update downloading update again and again.: I downloaded an update called 19H1; it downloaded 70% and then I turned my PC off, when I started my PC today, the update didn't start from 70% but from 0%, any fix??? it happened like four times. Do anyone has this problem...???...
  6. windows downloading again and again

windows downloading again and again: why windows 10 upgrade assistant after 100% downloading again restarts from 1%???... this is hapenning for second time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-downloading-again-and-again/73c3712f-d499-422c-aeb5-3c529391cfd9
  7. Windows 10 getting restarted again and again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 getting restarted again and again: Automatically within 2 to 3 minutes windows getting restarted show message on screen that SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION IS NOT HANDLE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-getting-restarted-again-and-again/deb63b69-5e8b-465d-b7f2-ef9e2106ca2f
  8. Computer restarting again and again

Computer restarting again and again: Hello, Today when i turned on my PC, i found a shocking and irritating problem in my PC. Firstly, it was not turning on, after i cleaned it, it turned on and booted and showed an error 'your device ran into a problem' and started repairing. After it repaired itself, it...
  9. Windows update failing again and again, loosing the will to live!!!

Windows update failing again and again, loosing the will to live!!!: Initially I had Windows 10 32bit home with the fall creators update on, and in part most things worked apart from cortana, no loss there. It was running as an admin account, I then added a user account and a password for my admin, after this it was all downhill. I no longer...
  10. ntkrnlmp.exe bsod windows 10 (again & again & again & again)

ntkrnlmp.exe bsod windows 10 (again & again & again & again): Hello everyone, I keep on getting bsod's due to ntkrnlmp.exe in Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. This is the analysis carried out by WhoCrashed. Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer. On Wed 09/12/2015 08:51:58 GMT your computer...