Windows 10: How can I remove all messages for Windows Live Mail?

Discus and support How can I remove all messages for Windows Live Mail? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 64 bit Pro. How can I remove all messages from Windows Live Mail? 85149 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by WalterW, May 22, 2017.

1. WalterW Win User

How can I remove all messages for Windows Live Mail?

I am running Windows 10 64 bit Pro.
    How can I remove all messages from Windows Live Mail?

:)

WalterW, May 22, 2017

2. Received a pop up "...WLDCore.dll is missing..." when I clicked on an email address link

Original title: WLDCore.dll Missing

Hi

I have received a pop up "...WLDCore.dll is missing..." when I clicked on an email address link. I already have Windows Live Mail running? The only advice is to reinstall Windows Live Mail. What will happen to all my emails, when I imported all my emails
    from outlook express to live mail all the folders were removed and every single email was put as an unread message in my inbox. I do not want to go through all that again. If Live Mail is running how can the message saying it can't start because this file
    is missing be true??

Thanks

Stuart

StuartDavison, May 22, 2017
  3. tk421.71 Win User
    How do I or can I sync picture/video messages ???

When I sycn my phone online it syncs only text messages and no pic/vid msgs; there is no checkbox for this feature...does anyone know how we can sync these other types of messages to our online profile? =)

tk421.71, May 22, 2017
  4. Wullail Win User

Assuming you mean stop being notified about new messages as they come in...

Goto , settings , notifications and slide the slider next to Windows Mail to off.

Wullail, May 22, 2017
  5. WalterW Win User
    No.
    Remove all messages from Windows Live Mail that are there.

WalterW, May 22, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    Use one of the two methods, (red or yellow), within a folder.

1 Multi select,
    2 Select all,
    3 Delete,

1 Right click a folder,
    2 Choose Empty folder.

(Then do the same in the 'Trash' folder if you wish to permanently delete items)

How can I remove all messages for Windows Live Mail? [​IMG]

Edwin, May 22, 2017
  7. WalterW Win User
    Thanks I will check out your advice.

WalterW, May 22, 2017
  8. WalterW Win User

You have shown Windows Mail as in Windows 10, I am using Windows Live Mail

WalterW, May 23, 2017
  9. Hi WalterW

Try this link.

https://www.vistax64.com/live-mail/2...live-mail.html

or

https://www.sevenforums.com/browsers...dows-live.html

It been a while since I use that product. Check the context menus by right clicking on folders, usually there is some sort of delete. If not when you are on a folder click file.

Before deleting please determine outcome of mail on server. By this I mean if you are using IMAP it will also be deleted on server. In some POP accounts, depending on settings, the server mail is kept so many days after it is deleted on client. Of course it might not delete anything on your server which may or may not be what you want.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 27, 2017
  10. Helmut Win User
    You have to be careful what you are doing, what exactly are you trying to achieve ?
    Some mails will be on a server e.g. using IMAP, and some will locally on your HDD that could be POP or local Storage folders.
    That depends on how you use WLM 2012. It maybe different for each account.

Basically in the Message list you just use the usual Click on the Mail then Shift+Click to select the range and then Delete.
    That will initially put them in to the Deleted folder as per usual, so you do the same procedure when you are certain in the Deleted folder.

You maybe referring to the Web interface of Outlook Mail, if it is then make it clear.

Helmut, May 28, 2017
  11. WalterW Win User
    All the accounts in Windows Live Mail are POP3 mail accounts.

WalterW, May 28, 2017
  12. WalterW Win User
    I tried those links but my security blocks those site.

WalterW, May 28, 2017
  13. Helmut Win User

In that case go to the properties of the POP Accounts the Advanced Tab > Delivery.
    Depending on the options you have ticked there determines what happens to copies of messages on the server.

My settings are "Leave a copy on server" and "Remove from server when deleted from 'Deleted Items' folder".
    So when they are finally deleted, from the Deleted Items folder, they also go from the server. So gone forever.

Helmut, May 28, 2017
  14. Slightly off topic, what security software are you using that blocks sevenforums but allows tenforums?

As Helmut and I have both advised to be cautious about the delete, that message stands.

If you click on a folder, then right click what options are you provided?

If you click on a folder then click on the file menu and edit menu (along top) what options are you provided?

Both the link's I provided had basic Window's Highlighting directions. That is, in a large list of items, click on the first item in the list, hold the shift key down and click on last item. Every thing should become highlighted. Then press delete. A faster method is CRTL+A (select all) then delete. A pick and choose method, click on first then hold down crtl key and selectively click on items, then delete.

Of course the nuclear option, which very well will break Windows Live, find your mail folder in Windows and delete it. Again this may break your ability to use Windows Live. If you use this method delete the folder(s) from recycle bin. Depending on how aggressive you may wish to be after mail is deleted run a product like CCCleaner to wipe free space. This overwrites sectors marked emptied reducing their ability to be recovered. One pass is good, three passes is near impossible to recover. This takes a very very long time on big drives. If you use nuclear option you will have to sign into to web account and delete.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/28935...find-them.html

If you break Windows Live you cannot download it again from MS and I've seen threads where people are having issues re-installing. If you want a good mail client I would recommend Thunderbird.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 28, 2017
  15. WalterW Win User
    The software that blocks access is Malwarebytes premium.

Perhaps my best bet is change using Thunderbird as Windows Live mail is no longer supported.

WalterW, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I remove all messages for Windows Live Mail? - Similar Threads - remove messages Live

2. I am getting this message on Windows Live Mail 2012. Can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting this message on Windows Live Mail 2012. Can anyone help?: Unable to send or receive messages for the IMAP account. Header download for the 'Inbox' folder did not complete. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Server...
  3. Windows Live Mail - Message cannot be found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live Mail - Message cannot be found: Windows live mail has a fault - Message cannot be found. The data is still in the email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-message-cannot-be-found/b959b0b8-080c-45cb-98a5-99f0031cce95
  4. Windows Live Mail won't display messages

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Live Mail won't display messages: When I go to my inbox, all the messages are there, but I can't see the body of them. This message is all that shows up: Message could not be displayed Windows Live Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low...
  5. Live Mail "Message could not be displayed"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Live Mail "Message could not be displayed": After the 11/1 Windows 10 update my Windows Live mail now gets an error message 'message could not be displayed" for all my incoming emails. How can I fix this??...
  6. moving windows live mail messages to windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving windows live mail messages to windows 10 mail: I had a motherboard die on my Windows 7 machine but luckily the hard drive survived. So I can't open windows live mail and export. I have the complete windows 7 live mail eml files on the hard drive that I've saved for later use and need them on my windows 10 machine in...
  7. Error message in Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error message in Windows Live Mail: Since the August 2019 crash of Telus email, every time I open Window live mail ( I know it's unsupported and old but has, until now worked perfectly) I have been receiving the following error message in Window Live Mail: unable to send or receive messages for the Telus ( )...
  8. WINDOWS LIVE MAIL E MAIL STATES - Windows Live Mail has not yet downloaded this message.

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS LIVE MAIL E MAIL STATES - Windows Live Mail has not yet downloaded this message.: E-Mail states "To download the message: Click here. Press Space." - DOES NOT WORK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-live-mail-e-mail-states-windows-live-mail/c8130e6d-8935-468d-b2ce-b0b6baa7bb10
  9. Deleting messages from Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Deleting messages from Windows Live Mail: I have tried all the normal ways and it still remains. It's driving me mad every time I open the mail. This is in the in-box and I can't even move it anywhere to try and delete it that way. No biggie I know but I really would like to get rid of it. Thanks 67976
  10. Windows Live Mail error message

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail error message: Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum so please be gentle with me! I am reasonably computer literate (started when Win 3.1 was the current OS) but new to Win 10 which I have just acquired pre installed on a new PC. I use WLM and got it running well on two separate accounts on...