Windows 10: How can I remove Cortana Search from my Taskbar permanently?

Discus and support How can I remove Cortana Search from my Taskbar permanently? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can't believe it. Thanks so much! *Smile You are quite welcome*Smile Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Josey Wales, Apr 5, 2018.

1. How can I remove Cortana Search from my Taskbar permanently?

You are quite welcome*Smile

Josey Wales, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Compumind Win User

Hi again -

So many questions!

How can I remove the Cortana Search Box from my Taskbar permanently (with the option of reversal)?
    I tried turning off Cortana Settings, yet the Search Box remains. Am I missing something?

Ideas appreciated, thanks. *Smile

:)

Compumind, Apr 19, 2018
  3. Cortana "Something went wrong"

[Right click] on the taskbar

[Mouse over] Cortana or alternatively
    search

[Click] show search box or alternatively
    show Cortana icon

GuilhemFronval, Apr 19, 2018
  4. BretMarks Win User

How can I remove Cortana Search from my Taskbar permanently?

Cortana "Something went wrong"

Andrew,

When I tried this, it fixed my Cortana problem, but it also removed the Cortana Search bar from the taskbar at the bottom of the screen. When I right click on Cortana from the "All Apps" list, I do not get the option of pinning to the taskbar. How do I
    re-pin Cortana to the taskbar?

BretMarks, Apr 19, 2018
  5. Right Click on your task bar and remove the checkmark that is there to Show Cortana Search Box.

*Arrow Hide or Show Search Box or Cortana Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Josey Wales, Apr 19, 2018
  6. Compumind Win User
    Can't believe it. Thanks so much! *Smile

Compumind, Apr 19, 2018
Thema:

How can I remove Cortana Search from my Taskbar permanently?

1. How can I remove Cortana Search from my Taskbar permanently? - Similar Threads - remove Cortana Search

2. How do I remove this "trending searches" window from my taskbar search window?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove this "trending searches" window from my taskbar search window?: Just recently, Windows 10 has pushed a new widget on my taskbar search window called "Trending searches". I have spent about half an hour trying to figure out how to remove this to no avail. I just want this thing gone. I don't want a constant insight into the news. I don't...
  3. How can I remove the picture in the search area on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove the picture in the search area on the taskbar?: Recently, cartoon-style images have been appearing in the general area of the taskbar for search the area which on my system says "Type here to search". I find them distracting and out-of-character for the work I want to do. How can I remove them?...
  4. How can I remove the picture in the search area on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove the picture in the search area on the taskbar?: Recently, cartoon-style images have been appearing in the general area of the taskbar for search the area which on my system says "Type here to search". I find them distracting and out-of-character for the work I want to do. How can I remove them?...
  5. How can I remove the picture in the search area on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How do I permanently remove the search bar and cortana in the taskbar Windows 10?

in Cortana
    How do I permanently remove the search bar and cortana in the taskbar Windows 10?: Can someone help me please, I really want this annoying feature to go away permanently. I know how to disable it but I can still turn it on. I've looked all over Google for a solution but none of them solved my problem. :...
  7. How Can I Permanently Remove Edge

How Can I Permanently Remove Edge: I got a notification that I have to update Edge. I do not even use Edge. I do not want to be rude but I would never, ever use Edge. I am not saying what I think of that privacy-invading app because I'm trying to be calm but I am getting frustrated that I cannot easily disable...
  8. HOW CAN I REMOVE A DEVICE FROM MY ACCOUT PERMANENTLY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HOW CAN I REMOVE A DEVICE FROM MY ACCOUT PERMANENTLY: Dear community, Please how can I remove a device permanently from my Microsoft account, whenever I remove the device, it will come back after some days. The device is conflicting with my new device. Kind Regards....
  9. Removing Cortana permanently?

Removing Cortana permanently?: Is it true that there is no way to permanently remove Cortana in W10 home so it does not run in the background or report back to MS? I've searched the web, taken possession of the searchui file and disabled it, but task manager shows it restarting and running in the...
  10. How can I remove people from the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I remove people from the taskbar?: How can I remove people from the taskbar? [img] 95698