Windows 10: How can I remove icons in the Save As dialog box?

Discus and support How can I remove icons in the Save As dialog box? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to get rid of some icons (marked in red in image below) in the Save As dialog box. Is it possible, and if so, does anyone know how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Diwedd, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Diwedd Win User

How can I remove icons in the Save As dialog box?

Hi,
    I would like to get rid of some icons (marked in red in image below) in the Save As dialog box. Is it possible, and if so, does anyone know how it can be done? Note, I have already gotten rid of these in the Navigation Pane.

For info, F & H on the image below are external drives which appear twice. I only want them to appear once. As for OneDrive, I don't use OneDrive at all, and just want the icon to disappear.

How can I remove icons in the Save As dialog box? [​IMG]

Many thanks
    DW

:)

Diwedd, Mar 23, 2018

2. Save and Save As... dialog boxes freezing in apps on Windows 10

Hello Bob,

A possible reason why your
    Save As dialog box freezes could be corrupted system files.
    We recommend that you use the System File Checker
    (SFC) tool. System File Checker is a utility available in Windows 10 that checks and repairs corrupted system files. If the issue isn't resolved by running the SFC, kindly use the
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM)
    tool. DISM is used to troubleshoot errors that SFC can't resolve.

For steps and more information regarding the SFC and the DISM, visit the links below:

We look forward to your update.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Lizette Ags, Mar 23, 2018
  3. BobSort- Win User
    Remove Quick Access from windows explorer

Question is simple

How can I remove Quick Access from Windows Explorer, Save/Open Dialog box?

BobSort-, Mar 23, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 23, 2018
  5. Diwedd Win User
    Diwedd, Mar 27, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The .reg files in the tutorials should remove them from the "Save as" dialog as well. Usually, you don't need to restart to apply, but you might try that if you haven't already.

Do you also have "Onedrive for Business" installed? You can check in "Programs and Features".

Brink, Mar 27, 2018
  7. Diwedd Win User
    Thank you, I didn't think it would remove them from the Save As dialog box as well. I have done it now and it was successful. I don't use Onedrive for Business.

I appreciate your help with this very much.

Diwedd, Mar 27, 2018
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I remove icons in the Save As dialog box? - Similar Threads - remove icons Save

2. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save As Dialog Boxes: Is there any way to bypass the following dialog box in Windows 10?and go directly to THIS instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-dialog-boxes/e59435c7-7ca1-4ab7-957f-0e3756499b67
  3. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save As Dialog Boxes: Is there any way to bypass the following dialog box in Windows 10?and go directly to THIS instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-dialog-boxes/e59435c7-7ca1-4ab7-957f-0e3756499b67
  4. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. The save as dialog box won't respond, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The save as dialog box won't respond, but...: So, my computer started having trouble saving files today. Whenever I click "Save as", the dialog box won't respond. However, it only does this with jpg files. When I try to save a Png or gif file, it works without any issues....
  6. The save as dialog box won't respond, but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The save as dialog box won't respond, but...: So, my computer started having trouble saving files today. Whenever I click "Save as", the dialog box won't respond. However, it only does this with jpg files. When I try to save a Png or gif file, it works without any issues....
  7. Save As + Browse Dialog Box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save As + Browse Dialog Box: I have Windows 10 and have recently noticed a change in the “Save As” “Browse” dialog box. The dialog box used to open with the File tree on the left side. Now it opens with a list of: Author, Type, Title, etc. How can I change this dialog box back to the previous version?...
  8. Open and Save As Dialog Boxes not working Windows 10- open and save dialog boxes not...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Open and Save As Dialog Boxes not working Windows 10- open and save dialog boxes not...: New 4 Months Lennovo legion laptop with Win10 64 bit pre-installed. As indicated, the file/open file/save dialog boxes do not work for any 32 bit applications. This includes Office applications/Acrobat/Garmin/etc. Dialog boxes do work for 64 bit applications. 1 I have...
  9. Save As Dialog Box Scaling is HUGE

in Windows 10 Customization
    Save As Dialog Box Scaling is HUGE: Hi, When I try to do 'Save As' in Windows 10 Pro (10.0.17134 Build 17134), I get a dialog box that is super sized. Not just the size of the box but the size of the text and the icons are twice the size of my resolution in the background as in below screen shot. How do I fix...
  10. Dialog Box Save/Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dialog Box Save/Open: When saving or opening a file you are promoted with a dialog box, beside the file name there is a text box and beside the text box there is down arrow that will list all your recent saved or open files with it's path, how do I not have them be saved in the drop down list? I...