Windows 10: How can I remove the ‘button’ close to the right edge of the taskbar?

Discus and support How can I remove the ‘button’ close to the right edge of the taskbar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I need your help, I’m talking about the right edge of the taskbar, separated next to the time by a vertical line (in red in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Manolito Mystiq, Jul 30, 2015.

1. How can I remove the ‘button’ close to the right edge of the taskbar?

Hello everyone, I need your help,

I’m talking about the right edge of the taskbar, separated next to the time by a vertical line (in red in the image):

How can I remove the ‘button’ close to the right edge of the taskbar? [​IMG]

It seems to be a desktop button, because clicking on it, hides all the open windows, to reveal only the desktop (wallpaper).

I don’t need it, and I find it disturbing.

:)

Manolito Mystiq, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Shilohbob Win User

How can I get rid of the EDGE button on IE11 from the latest update?

The reason why Edge does not render many websites correctly is because natively it does not support Adobe Flash, it is considered highly vulnerable to hacking, this is not only the opinion of MS but from the internet community at large, much has been written
    about this on many websites for the past year or so.

New websites are adapting to the new HTML format which is much more secure.

If you wish to use Adobe Flash within Edge you can enable it selecting > 'Settings' > then clicking 'View advanced settings' > scroll to 'Use Adobe Flash' and switching it 'On'.

Or; simply make IE or any other browser your default browser by > open 'Start Menu' > type "apps & featiures' > select it from search results > select 'Default apps" > scroll to 'Web browser' > L/click and select browser of choice.

Shilohbob, Jul 30, 2015
  3. How can I get rid of the EDGE button on IE11 from the latest update?

You're misunderstanding the problem. It's not that clicking the "new tab" button opens edge, or that there is some home page related to edge. There is an extra button entirely dedicated to opening edge.

aaron_clarke, Jul 30, 2015
  4. cbwilsha Win User

How can I remove the ‘button’ close to the right edge of the taskbar?

I've been using Win 10 for ten months now as a tester and didn't even know that was there. Can't imagine it causing anyone problems though.

cbwilsha, Jul 30, 2015
  5. It's the show desktop button and the control used to be in Taskbar properties. Win10 is moving a lot of things into Settings, I'll see if I can find that or a tutorial that will remove it.

Slartybart, Jul 30, 2015
  6. From the print screen images I find online, it seems they added it later, or the print screen images are false. It’s really hard to say.

I can’t remember it was there when I installed the test version back many months ago. I would probably have noticed it then, because I’m very sensitive with that stuff (call it OCD or whatever).

7. Within Windows, you can unfortunately only disable the option for it to show the desktop whilst hovering over that thin bar (call Peek to preview). Please refer to attached image. Clicking it however will still take you to the desktop.

A quick google search lead me to this program: Show Desktop Remover

It was designed for Windows 7, but have try to see if it works in 10.

Solidcancer07, Jul 30, 2015
  8. How can I remove the ‘button’ close to the right edge of the taskbar?

I think Manolito Mystiq just painted the icon red to make it easier to see. The icon is real, thus so is the image.
    Excellent find Solidcancer07. I did not find a tutorial here on TF, but looking in the registry I found the x86 and x64 keys that affect the icon. I just didn't get the chance to experiment on modifications. If this works, and I suspect the show or hide options might, that saves me a lot of time and effort.

+rep just for finding it *Wink

Slartybart, Jul 30, 2015
  9. No problem, thanks *Smile Also very interesting if your registry suggestion works- keep us posted for sure!

Solidcancer07, Jul 30, 2015
  10. Thank you, it is gone now.

EDIT: Cancel that. It first needs to load after a start up (not so elegant). I know that I’m very picky. It appears I need to get used to the button.

I thank you for your help. I need to learn to accept change.

11. I meant other print screen images compared to mine (where I painted the button in red, indeed). Some Windows 10 print screens online don’t seem to show that button at all. But they might’ve been from a far older beta version.

12. Understod, funny thing is - I mis-read your post. I thought your comment about the image being false was another member claiming your image was false *chuckle

Your assessment is correct, other images might not have the button because there was a time that you could turn it off. I suspect that option might return, but I'll look still at the registry. It's one of those keys that are protected and it looks as though the feature is controlled by a simple numerical value (0 = on, ?=off) - I don't know what the off number would be and I want to test it before posting a registry mod. It will still take me a while *Smile

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How can I remove the ‘button’ close to the right edge of the taskbar?

1. How can I remove the ‘button’ close to the right edge of the taskbar? - Similar Threads - remove ‘button’ close

2. how do i remove the thing right of the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i remove the thing right of the taskbar?: if you click on the wifi sound and battery that menu will pop-up. i want to get rid of that spotify control centre. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-thing-right-of-the-taskbar/2b0454e6-5896-46dd-bb77-cb5ccb0e67db
  3. how do i remove the thing right of the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i remove the thing right of the taskbar?: if you click on the wifi sound and battery that menu will pop-up. i want to get rid of that spotify control centre. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-thing-right-of-the-taskbar/2b0454e6-5896-46dd-bb77-cb5ccb0e67db
  4. How to remove MS Edge and Chat Button from Desktop and Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove MS Edge and Chat Button from Desktop and Taskbar?: Hello,We have created a Sysprep image, but after Sysprep, we saw "Edge" both on Desktop and Taskbar, and beside this "Chat" button in Taskbar. However they were not in Audit Mode. How can I remove them for all users? Thanks....
  5. How to remove MS Edge and Chat Button from Desktop and Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove MS Edge and Chat Button from Desktop and Taskbar?: Hello,We have created a Sysprep image, but after Sysprep, we saw "Edge" both on Desktop and Taskbar, and beside this "Chat" button in Taskbar. However they were not in Audit Mode. How can I remove them for all users? Thanks....
  6. How to remove MS Edge and Chat Button from Desktop and Taskbar?

7. How can I remove the preview thing on the right?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I remove the preview thing on the right?: How to remove the preview thing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-the-preview-thing-on-the-right/1f700904-8e59-432b-8021-f1f80c679967
  8. How to Remove Close [X] Button

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Remove Close [X] Button: So i am doing a project to scare my friend.I am using .bat to run the command i tryed to search on web and couldnt find anything tbh.is there is a way to remove the Close button when .bat runs? submitted by /u/HeroBaskan [link] [comments]...
  9. How Can I Permanently Remove Edge

How Can I Permanently Remove Edge: I got a notification that I have to update Edge. I do not even use Edge. I do not want to be rude but I would never, ever use Edge. I am not saying what I think of that privacy-invading app because I'm trying to be calm but I am getting frustrated that I cannot easily disable...
  10. Remove Taskview button and more from Taskbar right click menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Taskview button and more from Taskbar right click menu: In TH2 it was possible to remove that button with a reg entry which stopped working in RS1 but it's possible to do by modifying a file and below is how it can be done and can also remove "Show Windows Ink Workspace" and "Show touch keyboard button". Make sure to take a system...