Windows 10: How can I remove the Edited security settings for Authenticated Users

Discus and support How can I remove the Edited security settings for Authenticated Users in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have edited security settings for Authenticated Users in Windows 10 and Denied all the permissions accidently. Is there any way to change the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Viji, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Viji Win User

How can I remove the Edited security settings for Authenticated Users

I have edited security settings for Authenticated Users in Windows 10 and Denied all the permissions accidently. Is there any way to change the permission??

:)

2. SreehariV Win User

accidently changed permission on local disk E

i changed permission on local disk E and removed users n groups(Authenticated users ). Now i cant write anything on to that local disk. what can i do to restore default permission rights?? (I tried adding Authenticated users from security>edit>add>advanced>search
    list but then it showed some error message. )

SreehariV, Apr 19, 2016
  3. L2TP Protocol/Authentication

Please help as I am going mad!

I have a user who had a L2TP VPN, with a preshared key, confirgured on their machine which was working fine. It started throwing up a security error and failing to connect. When I checked the settings the protocol settings had been removed so I switched
    it back to encrypted connection only, PAP protocol and clicked save. I then went to the VPN settings and noticed that the authentication had changed from Username and password to general. Now if I go in to the VPN advanced settings and click edit and change
    the authentication back to username and password it then removes the protocol settings in VPN adapter settings. If I leave the authentication it fails to connect.

I have tried with a windows 7 machine using all of the same credentials and it connects to the VPN no problem?

Win10 Pro

V: 1703

Build: 15063.608

Gary-Gekko, Apr 19, 2016
Thema:

How can I remove the Edited security settings for Authenticated Users

1. How can I remove the Edited security settings for Authenticated Users - Similar Threads - remove Edited security

2. How to remove security tab from users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove security tab from users: Hi,I encounter this. How do we remove security tab from user, to hide it from being seen from userTo achieve from thisTo this.I tried this method, regedit > HKEY_Current User >Software >Microsoft >Window >Current Version >Explorer >NosecurityTabBut it remove the main network...
  3. Accidentally removed Authenticated Users from security tab under C drive. Will this cause...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally removed Authenticated Users from security tab under C drive. Will this cause...: Can't find any articles specifically about this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-removed-authenticated-users-from/a78f26a7-1c38-4a3b-8983-abfcde3cd2c5
  4. Accidentally removed Authenticated Users from security tab under C drive. Will this cause...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally removed Authenticated Users from security tab under C drive. Will this cause...: Can't find any articles specifically about this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-removed-authenticated-users-from/a78f26a7-1c38-4a3b-8983-abfcde3cd2c5
  5. Accidentally removed Authenticated Users from security tab under C drive. Will this cause...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to apply security setting to all users?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to apply security setting to all users?: Under administrator account, once many privacy setting are setup, I would like to know on how to apply those settings into all different users without repeating setup the same setting for each user individually. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any...
  7. Is it safe to remove Authenticated Users?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it safe to remove Authenticated Users?: Greetings. Is it safe to delete authenticated users from system partition, and all other partitions? Always when I reinstall windows 10 on every partition will appear authenticated users, on system C: there are two of them. Normally when reinstalling i do clean install...
  8. Is it safe to remove Authenticated Users?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it safe to remove Authenticated Users?: Greetings. Is it safe to delete authenticated users from system partition, and all other partitions? Always when I reinstall windows 10 on every partition will appear authenticated users, on system C: there are two of them. Normally when reinstalling i do clean install...
  9. How do I remove authenticated user?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove authenticated user?: How do I delete authenticated user on Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-remove-authenticated-user/2ae5fd05-ffbc-4582-86bb-2dd57aade841"
  10. Remove the TrustedInstaller or Authenticated Users or System users fro

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove the TrustedInstaller or Authenticated Users or System users fro: Hi I have Windows 10 v1511 Enterprise 64 bit. From the Command Prompt, run as administrator, how should I do to remove any TrustedInstaller or Authenticated Users or System users from the ACLs of an entire directory structure also contains files and links (this must not...