Windows 10: How can I research or verify my login credentials?

Discus and support How can I research or verify my login credentials? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Whenever I boot Win 10 (1511) the first (Lock?)screen automatically presents the message that the password is incorrect. Where is it finding this "bad... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Kupuna, May 6, 2016.

1. Kupuna Win User

How can I research or verify my login credentials?

Whenever I boot Win 10 (1511) the first (Lock?)screen automatically presents the message that the password is incorrect. Where is it finding this "bad password"? I altered my password weeks ago, but maybe an old password is somewhere in the system. When I click and enter my new password, everything starts.

I connect this login issue with another problem: In my browser, when I go to a MS site whose URL contains the words "live.com", the login fails with the message "something went wrong" which seems to translate to "we aren't gonna log you in. "
    How can I see what password is fouling up the first automatic login? How can I dig in to find out what Live.com expects? Do I have to create a new account? Password changing is easy, but my last change didn't seem to be noted somewhere in the MS world.

Thanks for your ideas.

:)

Kupuna, May 6, 2016
  2. CoCoKolas Win User

Facing issues in Windows 10 technical preview - unable to right-click the windows logo and launch any of the tools, nor can I launch cmd.exe

Did some research, verified 2ndary login service is enabled (escalated permissions) as I also had issue with launching CMD with elevated permissions, unless I used task manager to launch.

any other ideas or pointers?

CoCoKolas, May 6, 2016
  3. How can i verify my hardware works and is supported by win 10?

Download the Windows 10 Reservation App.

How
    to reserve your free upgrade to Windows 10

How can I research or verify my login credentials? [​IMG]

Click the hamburger menu at the upper left hand corner.

Click Check your PC

Andre Da Costa, May 6, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, May 6, 2016
Thema:

1. How can I research or verify my login credentials? - Similar Threads - research verify login

2. Credentials cannot be verified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Credentials cannot be verified: I recently changed the email for my 365 acct.now I cannot log into my windows laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credentials-cannot-be-verified/1222b99c-c413-47db-8b13-6e7fd869fd8d
  3. Unable to login my window laptop: your credentials could not be verified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login my window laptop: your credentials could not be verified: I'm encountering an issue with my Surface Laptop 2 where I can't log in to my Windows. I've typically used a password for login, but suddenly, only the Pin option remains. Upon entering my Pin, I receive the message "Your credentials could not be verified." Subsequently,...
  4. Unable to login my window laptop: your credentials could not be verified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login my window laptop: your credentials could not be verified: I'm encountering an issue with my Surface Laptop 2 where I can't log in to my Windows. I've typically used a password for login, but suddenly, only the Pin option remains. Upon entering my Pin, I receive the message "Your credentials could not be verified." Subsequently,...
  5. Credentials could not be verified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Credentials could not be verified: Apologies for all the text, I tried attaching images but they wont upload This all started after I performed a restart from a windows update last night 9/7/23. I do not know the details of this update. But when I went to turn on my desktop today, I entered my pin and got this...
  6. Credentials could not be verified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Credentials could not be verified: Apologies for all the text, I tried attaching images but they wont upload This all started after I performed a restart from a windows update last night 9/7/23. I do not know the details of this update. But when I went to turn on my desktop today, I entered my pin and got this...
  7. Credentials could not be verified

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. “credentials could not be verified”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “credentials could not be verified”: every time i try to log on to my laptop, it tells me my pin/credentials could not be verified and to retry. when i do that i get this: “Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available (status: Oxc000006d, substatus: Oxc000005e). Click to set up your PIN again” i click...
  9. Unable to login to my laptop: Your credentials could not be verified

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login to my laptop: Your credentials could not be verified: After restarting my laptop today, I am not able to login back. I am getting the error "Your Credentials could not be verified". Additional details on clicking the OK button says "Something went wrong and your PIN isnt available status: 0x80090011, substatus 0x0. Click to...
  10. Verify Credentials with No Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Verify Credentials with No Password: So, I have forgotten a password but it's saved in Windows 10. I can go to web credentials and see it there, but when I hit the 'show' button, it asks me to verify my credentials to see the password. I do not have a password on my local account on Windows 10, so I'm not sure...