Windows 10: How can i right click search?

Discus and support How can i right click search? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I select web text I would like to be able to right click and click on search. Is there anyway I can do this? 12789 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bamagull, Aug 4, 2015.

1. bamagull Win User

How can i right click search?

When I select web text I would like to be able to right click and click on search. Is there anyway I can do this?

:)

bamagull, Aug 4, 2015
  2. Teemosan Win User

How can I restore new rtf document to right click context menu?

I'm running Win 10 v 1703 on a desktop PC

I no longer see a right click context menu option to open new rtf document. It has disappeared from the right click menu. How can I restore it?

Thanks

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Teemosan, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Teemosan Win User
    How can I restore new rtf document to right click context menu?

that worked, thanks

Teemosan, Aug 4, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

You need to be using Edge. It works like Bing Desktop & Bing Bar does in Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.

How can i right click search? [​IMG]

Cliff S, Aug 4, 2015
  5. What browser do you use?

I'm fairly certain that I had this option in IE 11 and I know Chrome can also do it. You probably have to set Google as the Search engine. Since the context menu pick is Google specific, that would make sense. I can't off the top of my head think of a setting in IE or Chrome that I changed to make this option active.

Slartybart, Aug 4, 2015
  6. bamagull Win User
    I'm using Edge with Google as my search engine. When I right click selected test all I get is: select all, copy, inspect element.

bamagull, Aug 4, 2015
  7. Ok, thanks for that info.

Cliff S or another member will help you more since I've abandoned Edge until a later date.

Just make sure that you've highlighted the text and the mouse pointer is on the highlighted text when you right click.

Slartybart, Aug 4, 2015
  8. kip152 Win User

I have the same question. I'm on Windows 10. When I use Google browser, I can right click any text and one of the options is to search. When I use Edge browser and right click any text, there is no option to search. This is the only significant drawback to using Edge browser. Until this is fixed, I have to use Google browser.

kip152, Aug 7, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Aug 7, 2015
  10. neomatter Win User
    That's provided IF you can use Cortana. I am in Canada and Cortana is not available in my region. So this option is not available in EDGE. Unfortunately, users will need to resort to another capable browser for that if they are unable to get Cortana.

neomatter, Aug 7, 2015
  11. Cliff S New Member
    When Cortana is turned off, it becomes just "Search" like in Windows 8.1, so you mean that search doesn't have this option in Edge, that sucks, because either Bing Desktop or Bing Bar(I used both in Win8.1) gave this function, not only foe IE but system wide!

Cliff S, Aug 7, 2015
  12. neomatter Win User
    I never really used Bing desktop or bar; so not familiar with what it's capable of. I, however, can say that the search text in EDGE does not work. There is no option to search. However, IE11 can search with Bing. So I can assume that it's tied to Cortana and not Bing?

neomatter, Aug 7, 2015
  13. Cliff S New Member

Right click search will not work without Cortana(just turned her off in Edge), and yup like @neomatter informed(thanks*Smile) me, it wasn't there.

Also @Brink has given me a link to his tutorial incase anyone does have her but it still doesn't seem to be working :

Cliff S, Aug 7, 2015
  14. kip152 Win User
    Thank you, Cliff. I get it now!

kip152, Aug 7, 2015
  15. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome kip*Smile. As a side note In my family(only there) They call me Kippy and my father was called Kip(yeah I'm a Junior). It's not a often given name.

Cliff S, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

1. How can i right click search? - Similar Threads - right click search

2. How can I remove mouse's right click menu's shortcut??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove mouse's right click menu's shortcut??: Hey, There!Greetings! I am a windows 11 user. I just want to know how to remove the mouse's right click command shortcut key. Such as Ctrl+Z shows on the right side of undo. I just want the undo option, no shortcut command I want.I just don't want to have shortcut key...
  3. How can i customize the Windows11 right click menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i customize the Windows11 right click menu?: I want to be able to add, remove, edit and view the options in 'new view'windows 11 that are available when i "right-click" on "windows background" ,"inside a folder background" and "on a folder/file". As you can see , when i installed 'winrar' the respective option got...
  4. How can i customize the Windows11 right click menu?

How can i customize the Windows11 right click menu?: I want to be able to add, remove, edit and view the options in 'new view'windows 11 that are available when i "right-click" on "windows background" ,"inside a folder background" and "on a folder/file". As you can see , when i installed 'winrar' the respective option got...
  5. can not print by right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not print by right click: I purchased a Dell PC with Windows 10 Pro on Monday. I have ask https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/home/contact?SourceApp=smcivr2,They forward me from English support to China support as I tell them I am in HK and that is Chinese windows.Then, China Support said that HK is...
  6. can not print by right click

can not print by right click: I purchased a Dell PC with Windows 10 Pro on Monday. I have ask https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/home/contact?SourceApp=smcivr2,They forward me from English support to China support as I tell them I am in HK and that is Chinese windows.Then, China Support said that HK is...
  7. How can I make right clicking apps in the taskbar faster?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I make right clicking apps in the taskbar faster?: When I right click an app in the taskbar, the list doesn't appear right away, it plays an animation for 1-2 seconds before letting me click anything in the list. If I disable the animation, it waits 1-2 seconds for the animation to play, even though it's disabled. How do I...
  8. How can I add an auto-text population to right click?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I add an auto-text population to right click?: What I am looking for is directions on how to add a right click option that will auto-populate some text when selected. This is to be used in a web page or a text editor. For example, if I am in a web-page, and right click, the option to populate a field with "This is my...
  9. Bing on right click search

in Browsers and Email
    Bing on right click search: I'm getting search Bing Default search on a right click of a word etc which I do not want. I'm using Firefox and it is set as my default browser. The are no Bing extension in Firefox. Plus I have looked in programs and features and there are no related programs to Bing in...
  10. Highlight & Right Click Search Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Highlight & Right Click Search Not Working: When I highlight a word or series of words in a website and right click it says “search Google for “that word or phrase” and nothing happens. How do I fix that?...