Windows 10: How can I run Rufus on a local account. It keeps asking me for admin password.

Discus and support How can I run Rufus on a local account. It keeps asking me for admin password. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I run Rufus on a local account. It keeps asking me for admin password. I forgot admin password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ValUrquiza, Jul 16, 2018.

1. How can I run Rufus on a local account. It keeps asking me for admin password.

How can I run Rufus on a local account. It keeps asking me for admin password. I forgot admin password

:)

ValUrquiza, Jul 16, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
    Lost password (local account)

Hi Lisa, welcome to the Ten Forums.

Sign out from your local account, sign in with built-in admin account. Run netplwiz, select your local account and select Reset Password. Doing it from built-in admin you will not be asked the old password.

You can now sign out from built-in admin and sign in to your local account with new password.

4. Yaqub K Win User

How can I run Rufus on a local account. It keeps asking me for admin password.

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

How can I run Rufus on a local account. It keeps asking me for admin password.

1. How can I run Rufus on a local account. It keeps asking me for admin password. - Similar Threads - run Rufus local

2. how can i remove a password form a admin account /

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i remove a password form a admin account /: so I locked my other in-windows account or so called users anyways I locked due to it being a admin user and was used in 3 am-ish from a 9yo i locked it but i forgotten the password I watched stuff about it but I only found sys bypasses and i thought that it was not a good...
  3. how can i remove a password form a admin account /

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i remove a password form a admin account /: so I locked my other in-windows account or so called users anyways I locked due to it being a admin user and was used in 3 am-ish from a 9yo i locked it but i forgotten the password I watched stuff about it but I only found sys bypasses and i thought that it was not a good...
  4. how can i remove a password form a admin account /

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. how can i reset a password on an account that belongs to an admin account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how can i reset a password on an account that belongs to an admin account: i made an admin account connected to my Microsoft account for business, so it makes the regular user unable to change the password on it, but i lost access to the admin account to be able to reset the password, is there any way i can reset the password without logging on to...
  6. How can I reset a local admin password if I dont know the password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I reset a local admin password if I dont know the password?: Hello, I recently started using an old laptop of mine again as I got some new parts for it. However I only have access to the one local account which does not have admin rights. I don't remember what the admin password is as it has been quite a while since I have used this...
  7. Local admin account password - Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local admin account password - Windows 10: Hi, my laptop suffers from occasional disk errors and I get into disk repair mode. I get asked for a password I assume admin and enter it successfully - job done? Not exactly, I can't figure out how to change this password as I can't see a password change option under account...
  8. How to reset a local account password from an admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reset a local account password from an admin account: How do i change a local account’s password on a Windows 10 machine, using an Admin account? Last night, i changed the hours that the local account could log on. This morning, we discovered that the password and security questions must have also been changed dont know how...
  9. Running as a local Admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Running as a local Admin account: I am running Windows 10, currently running as a local Admin account and I am the only one using the machine. However, I am thinking to run as a Limited User instead by creating another User account as making that as an Admin account. Couple of questions though. 1). My...
  10. Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords: I'm having some issues with my upgrade to win 10. Programs that need elevated access are now asking me for both the Sys Admin and my local admin password. Of course, the sys admin has no password and my local admin does. So no matter what I do, I get it wrong....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rufus default admin account

2. how to run rufus without admin

3. rufus as local user

4. rufus no admin,
  5. how to run rufus without admin pass,
  6. run rufus without admin,
  7. can i run rufus on standard user,
  8. can i run rufus on windows,
  9. can i run rufus on a phone,
  10. install rufus local