Windows 10: How can I run Time.exe from a command prompt?

Discus and support How can I run Time.exe from a command prompt? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There's an app named "Alarms & Clock". When I launch it and probe it with Sysinternals Process Explorer, I discover that its command line is:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarkFilipak.Windows, Aug 17, 2018.

1. How can I run Time.exe from a command prompt?

There's an app named "Alarms & Clock". When I launch it and probe it with Sysinternals Process Explorer, I discover that its command line is:
    "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsAlarms_10.1805.1361.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Time.exe" -ServerName:App.AppXq8avk61zazpy808ab5ppkf6taqp47km6.mca

But if I attempt to run it from a command prompt (as administrator or as user), I get this: "Access is denied."

I see that Users (LAPTOP-FGMHQKQ8\Users) do not have execute privilage (and LAPTOP-FGMHQKQ8\Administrator has no privilage at all!).

How can I run Time.exe from a command prompt?

:)

MarkFilipak.Windows, Aug 17, 2018
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

• Windows logo on a black screen
    • circling dots appear beneath the logo
    • light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    • a command prompt window (very briefly)
    • the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

4. How can I run Time.exe from a command prompt?

Command prompt crashes when trying to run dism

Me: There's smoke and fire coming out of my computer.

Support Engineer: I suggest you to run System File Checker..

Me: I can't, my house is burning down.

Support Engineer: Have you tried running System File Checker?

Me: It burns! It burns!

Support Engineer: I suggest you to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    sfc /scannow

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

joeo sullivan, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

How can I run Time.exe from a command prompt?

1. How can I run Time.exe from a command prompt? - Similar Threads - run exe command

2. Command prompt opening at random times and running commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompt opening at random times and running commands: Same issue as seen in this other thread and I have already done everything else stated besides downloading Malwarebytes and doing a full scan but I have run Windows Defender with no results of malware and I'm just creating a new thread like stated at the end of the thread....
  3. Command prompt opening at random times and running commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command prompt opening at random times and running commands: Same issue as seen in this other thread and I have already done everything else stated besides downloading Malwarebytes and doing a full scan but I have run Windows Defender with no results of malware and I'm just creating a new thread like stated at the end of the thread....
  4. How run DVD player from command prompt?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How run DVD player from command prompt?: How do I tell the pc to run DVD player while CMD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-run-dvd-player-from-command-prompt/28fc1d62-f1c7-49b9-be4d-dc7b6494abc4
  5. How run DVD player from command prompt?

How run DVD player from command prompt?: How do I tell the pc to run DVD player while CMD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-run-dvd-player-from-command-prompt/28fc1d62-f1c7-49b9-be4d-dc7b6494abc4
  6. How run DVD player from command prompt?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. how do i make an exe file out of a command prompt command

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i make an exe file out of a command prompt command: hi, i am curious of how to make an exe file run a command into command prompt. Can someone help me? submitted by /u/Ethanol2814 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lql0i3/how_do_i_make_an_exe_file_out_of_a_command_prompt/
  8. how can I access Snip & Sketch at the Run command prompt

how can I access Snip & Sketch at the Run command prompt: At the run command prompt how can I get to the Snip & Sketch Application I know how to open a new snip but not how to open the very Snip & Sketch option...
  9. running .exe command

in Windows 10 Customization
    running .exe command: I am using mingw compiler. while i am running a CC++ program works fine program it compiles successfully but when i ran it i am facing a problem.I am getting that access is denied.I tried reinstalling but nothing has changed.I am facing this problem when i am connected to...
  10. [SOLVED]How can I run Time.exe from a command prompt?

[SOLVED]How can I run Time.exe from a command prompt?: There's an app named "Alarms & Clock". When I launch it and probe it with Sysinternals Process Explorer, I discover that its command line is: "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsAlarms_10.1805.1361.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Time.exe"...