Windows 10: How can I say "no" to Windows Hello and log in as another user?

Discus and support How can I say "no" to Windows Hello and log in as another user? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So I got a new laptop which has a camera that supports Windows Hello, and it's great when I want to log into the machine as myself, but what if I want... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by CowherPower, Dec 21, 2016.

1. How can I say "no" to Windows Hello and log in as another user?

So I got a new laptop which has a camera that supports Windows Hello, and it's great when I want to log into the machine as myself, but what if I want to log in under a different account with a password? The only way I have found that I can do this is if I physically hold my hand in front of the camera to disable facial recognition. That's the only way I can make the lock screen list the names of the accounts on the machine and let me choose a different user. I have already turned off the "Automatically dismiss the lock screen if we recognize your face" option, so that's not the issue.

What happens is that as soon as I sit down I get the message "Hello Jay! Dismiss the lock screen to sign in". But what I want to do here is say "No, don't log in as me - give me the option to log in as a different user". But I see no way to say "no" to this prompt. No matter what key I hit or where I click, it just logs me in. How can I say no to Windows Hello?

One other thing to note - both of the accounts that I created on this laptop are local accounts. And while my account has been enabled with Windows Hello, the other does not have Windows Hello enabled. Also, I am running Windows 10 Home version 1607

:)

CowherPower, Dec 21, 2016
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Dec 21, 2016
  3. grschinon Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Dec 21, 2016
  4. How can I say "no" to Windows Hello and log in as another user?

Still looking for an answer to this. Is there any way to say "no" when Windows Hello recognizes me and says "Hello Jay! Dismiss the lock screen to sign in"? Sometimes I need to log into a different account on the laptop.

CowherPower, Jan 14, 2017
  5. EdTittel Win User
    I don't see anything at the login screen to opt into another account. You can login to your hello account, then from the start menu type switch user, after which you can log into a different account.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jan 14, 2017
  6. Yea, that's what I've found as well, but it seems crazy that there isn't any other way. I frequently need to log into one of my kid's accounts in order to fix something. I shouldn't have to log into my account first (or hold my hand over the camera to hide my face).

CowherPower, Jan 14, 2017
  7. EdTittel Win User
    There's a way to get the login screen to display multiple logins (or all available logins) instead of the most recent login. Goes off to look... finds this tutorial "Make Windows 10/8 Show All User Accounts on Login Screen." Checks TenForums tutorials, can't find anything easily. @Brink: can you shed some additional light on local resources for this topic for the OP, please?
    Thanks, and HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How can I say "no" to Windows Hello and log in as another user?

1. How can I say "no" to Windows Hello and log in as another user? - Similar Threads - Hello log another

2. Windows 11 - User can not login, when another user is already logged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - User can not login, when another user is already logged in.: I have a Windows 11 Enterprise. No Local Active directory. All computers are joined Azure AD and Endpoint Manager.When User A is logged into the PC. No other user can login. It just says "The username or password is incorrect. Try Again." My first thoughts.But if I login to...
  3. Windows 11 - User can not login, when another user is already logged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - User can not login, when another user is already logged in.: I have a Windows 11 Enterprise. No Local Active directory. All computers are joined Azure AD and Endpoint Manager.When User A is logged into the PC. No other user can login. It just says "The username or password is incorrect. Try Again." My first thoughts.But if I login to...
  4. windows log says user profile service failed the sign in, user profile can not be downloaded.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows log says user profile service failed the sign in, user profile can not be downloaded.: I deleted the Ethernet driver on accident and could not redownload it, I decided to reinstall windows. After downloading windows i tried to log in it's says user profile service failed the sign in, user profile can not be downloaded. Ive been locked out for days, tried making...
  5. windows log says user profile service failed the sign in, user profile can not be downloaded.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows log says user profile service failed the sign in, user profile can not be downloaded.: I deleted the Ethernet driver on accident and could not redownload it, I decided to reinstall windows. After downloading windows i tried to log in it's says user profile service failed the sign in, user profile can not be downloaded. Ive been locked out for days, tried making...
  6. windows log says user profile service failed the sign in, user profile can not be downloaded.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cannot log in with another user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot log in with another user account: I am having the same issue as here. I have reset a laptop with Windows Home 10 v1909 and cannot get it to log in with another user account. I am able to add a Work Microsoft account but I am unable to log in with it. I have to log in with my hotmail account. I have tried the...
  8. I can Windows hello on one account but not on another

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can Windows hello on one account but not on another: I have recently tried to add a new fingerprint to my Microsoft account on my Lenovo IdeaPad 14 inch I five and it has said something went wrong. Try again later. I have tried rebooting my drivers. And all that stuff. I am able to access it all on one of my other accounts on...
  9. Alternative way to log on as another user

Alternative way to log on as another user: I have a really ancient laptop maybe 10 years old running windows 10. My wife was using it while her real laptop is in the shop. We're trying to get another week out of it. It was acting really funny, so I did a dskchk on it. It seemed to reset most things. I got a welcome...
  10. Windows warns me that another user is logged in when I shutdown.

Windows warns me that another user is logged in when I shutdown.: Dear all, I have three user accounts (one admin and two normal) on my system (Windows 10 pro 64, 1709). I am using two of them regularly. For the past months, I have been running into messages saying that another user is logged in when I try to restart or shutdown, even...