Windows 10: How can I selectively install updates in Windows 10 - all versions?

Discus and support How can I selectively install updates in Windows 10 - all versions? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks, Bit confused here. To the best of my knowledge you can only defer Windows 10 Updates if you have the Pro version. Is there a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Compumind, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Compumind Win User

How can I selectively install updates in Windows 10 - all versions?

Hi folks,

Bit confused here.

To the best of my knowledge you can only defer Windows 10 Updates if you have the Pro version.
    Is there a way to selectively install/uninstall updates in any version?

Also, what is this "update blocking" tool that I am hearing about and where do I find it?

Guess that I need to have the record set straight.

Many thanks! *Biggrin

:)

Compumind, Sep 28, 2015
  2. xbumpsxx Win User

How can I selectively open PDF files?

I want to open one PDF file with Adobe Acrobat. If I change the "open with" option, all my other files in VLC reader change to Adobe Acrobat files.

I have a desktop PC running Windows 10.

xbumpsxx, Sep 28, 2015
  3. How can I selectively open PDF files?

To avoid changing the default app for pdf files, make sure the checkbox labeled
    Always use this app to open pdf files is not checked. Do this a few times and Windows
    may remember and offer you a simplified choice of your two apps. Working with a clean install here & haven't explored all the subtleties of the new Open With dialog.

Another option would be to add an option to the context menu for pdfs that would offer to open in Adobe, but this would require a registry edit.

If this is a static file, a shortcut with a target of the form

<PathToApp><PathToFilename> could be created.

What's your comfort level? Ever used regedit?

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Sep 28, 2015
  4. ram1220 Win User

Wushowhide. It works very well.

ram1220, Sep 28, 2015
  5. Compumind Win User
    I'm sorry, what?

Compumind, Sep 28, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
  7. Compumind Win User
    Compumind, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I selectively install updates in Windows 10 - all versions? - Similar Threads - selectively install updates

2. How can I update Windows 10 to version 22H2?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I update Windows 10 to version 22H2?: I just installed Windows 10 on my old rig that had Windows 7 on it previously. I did a reinstall since I used installation media. I activated my copy of windows over the phone and updates started rolling in. I am stuck on a "Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 18" Last...
  3. How can I update Windows 10 to version 22H2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I update Windows 10 to version 22H2?: I just installed Windows 10 on my old rig that had Windows 7 on it previously. I did a reinstall since I used installation media. I activated my copy of windows over the phone and updates started rolling in. I am stuck on a "Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 18" Last...
  4. How can I update Windows 10 to version 22H2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I install Windows 1909 version?

How can I install Windows 1909 version?: Hello. I recently bougt and SSD for my old laptop and installed a fresh Windows 10, 2004 version. However, I think there are some compatibilaty issues. Ever since I upgraded from 1909 to 2004, I've been experiences lags in games, can't take a screenshot using Snip and Sketch,...
  6. Can we select the updates to install?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can we select the updates to install?: As Win 7 users, we could select which updates to install and which not. Now, in Win 10 era, we can disable automatic updates and search manually instead but we don't have the chance of selection. So, what's the point to search manually? Automatic Updates Disableb = no...
  7. Can I Select all in Copy clipboard?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I Select all in Copy clipboard?: I want to use the WIN+V to copy various text in a multipage document and then paste all in a new document. Is there a way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-select-all-in-copy-clipboard/8b0f209d-803e-492a-a752-f3939c05c257
  8. How to manually select and Install updates in Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to manually select and Install updates in Windows 10 ?: How to manually select and Install updates in Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-manually-select-and-install-updates-in/ed29032b-9d13-4224-8f2c-2e6bfea5b612
  9. how do i manually install updates or select updates to install in windows 10?

how do i manually install updates or select updates to install in windows 10?: how do i manually install updates or select updates to install in windows 10? I have a list of updates but they never install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-do-i-manually-install-updates-or-select/d9b02987-1b39-41f6-9b16-c75ee5328709
  10. Win 10 Home, Can I Select the Types of Updates Windows installs??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Home, Can I Select the Types of Updates Windows installs??: New 8.1 HP laptop 1 1/2 years ago, had to clean install over the 8.1/HP/10 hybrid (after the free 10 update). My question is since it is Win 10 Home, am I stuck taking all the updates automatically? Did MS allow 10 Home users to 'select' the updates presented (I heard they...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 install updates selectively

2. selectively install windows updates

3. selectively install windows 10 updates