Windows 10: How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Discus and support How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Can any one advise me how I can set Microsoft EDGE that is in Windows 10 to by default download to D:\Downloads? Walter 58142 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by WalterW, Jul 31, 2016.

1. WalterW Win User

How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Can any one advise me how I can set Microsoft EDGE that is in Windows 10 to by default download to D:\Downloads?

Walter

:)

WalterW, Jul 31, 2016

2. How do I set my download drive default to D: ?

I assume you are talking about Microsoft Edge. It doesn't have an option to change where the downloads go.

But you can change where your download folder is located.

Open File Explorer, expand This PC, and right click on the Downloads folder -> Properties -> Location -> Move

A_User_Here, Jul 31, 2016
  3. Xia- Win User
    How do I set my download drive default to D: ?

My PC is running Windows 10 and has 2 logical drives, C: and D:

How do I set my download drive default to D:?

Thank you.

4. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 31, 2016
Thema:

How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

1. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads - Similar Threads - set EDGE default

2. How do I set my download drive default to D:?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I set my download drive default to D:?: My PC is running Windows 10 Pro and has two drives, C: and D:. When I try to change the download location to drive D: it says I do not have the permission to do that....
  3. Can I download StreetSmart Edge®?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I download StreetSmart Edge®?: Recently got into investing and I saw I can download StreetSmart Edge®. However, I am unsure I can use my current laptop. This are the system requirements: COMPONENTMINIMUMRECOMMENDED FOR THE BEST SERVICE Operating SystemWindows 8.1 or later Touch screens and tablets not...
  4. How can I change my Default Drive for Downloads from C to my internal D?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I change my Default Drive for Downloads from C to my internal D?: I want to download Nvidia Control Panel, but my C Drive is too full and I want to download it on my internal D, but I cannot figure out how to make it download to my D. It automatically selects my C drive and I don't know how to tell it to download to my D. Can someone please...
  5. Set apps to download to D Drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Set apps to download to D Drive.: Hello, I am trying to change my default download location for apps to the D Drive on my Windows 10 computer. Everything else has been able to set the new drive as an acceptable location, but the when i hit apply for the apps, it just tells me "We couldn't set your default...
  6. Setting download destination in Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Setting download destination in Edge.: Is there any way to get Microsoft Edge to ask every time where to download files like you can in IE 8 and up, instead of just setting it to 1 folder at a time. 30605
  7. Change the default Download folder for Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Change the default Download folder for Edge: Is there a way to change the default folder for downloads in Edge? I don't really want downloads being directed to my C: which is a SSD. I would prefer to change this to my HDD. Internet Explorer allowed this. Even if it means a manual registry edit, happy to do it, if...
  8. How do I download EDGE

in Browsers and Email
    How do I download EDGE: I have tried EDGE and would like to download it on my computer but all I seem to get is the try edge . Would to download it on my computer and create a desktop icon. Is this possible? If so where do I go Thanks Ben 64440
  9. Edge: Default Download Location?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge: Default Download Location?: How do I change the Default Download Location in Edge? 10084
  10. Change default Downloads folder in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Change default Downloads folder in Edge: Anyone know how to change the default Downloads folder in Edge in build 10159? I've looked through all the settings, including the Advanced ones, and there's nowhere to change this. 7619