Windows 10: How can I set the lock screen wallpaper on Win10 Pro domain PCs?

Discus and support How can I set the lock screen wallpaper on Win10 Pro domain PCs? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; With the release of 1607 (Anniversary Update) we can no longer set the default lock screen image on our domain-joined Win10 Pro PCs via GPO. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CPinnegar, Oct 11, 2016.

1. CPinnegar Win User

How can I set the lock screen wallpaper on Win10 Pro domain PCs?

With the release of 1607 (Anniversary Update) we can no longer set the default lock screen image on our domain-joined Win10 Pro PCs via GPO. Is there a location in the registry that can be used to set this to a custom corporate wallpaper instead of the ever-changing Microsoft images?

:)

CPinnegar, Oct 11, 2016

2. Background Wallpaper

Hello Svetlana,

I think you did not get what I ask about wallpaper, I have mentioned that is it possible to set the background wallpaper at home screen and menu list screen not the LOCK SCREEN. I know for lock screen wallpapers can be set. In windows phone 8 we can set
    only black and white background for home screens. I don't know what Microsoft has think to put such thing in mobiles. At least wallpapers supposed to be there for HOME SCREENS.

Rahul_WP8_620, Oct 11, 2016
  3. Windows 10 spotlight lock screen wallpaper is not present in sign in screen. Plz. Let me know the remedy

I set Windows 10 spotlight lock screen wallpaper but in sign in screen lock screen wallpaper is not present in sign in screen.

ramkrishnachowdhury, Oct 11, 2016
  4. SonicBlue Win User

I had a similar prob with one of mine. Try this, open then picture you want in the "Photo" app then click the dots in the right upper corner and select "Set to" then click on Lock Screen.

SonicBlue, Oct 12, 2016
  5. CPinnegar Win User
    Thanks - Does that stick or will Microsoft's images take over eventually? I'll try that and and see if I can identify the registry setting being changed. If I can nail it down I should be able to push it out via GPP....and please let me know if you already have this info! *Smile

CPinnegar, Oct 12, 2016
  6. CPinnegar Win User
    I ran a procmon capture but can't identify the key that's being changed here. Either way, setting the lock screen image with the Photo app didn't work and I need to change this for an entire domain with many remote PCs as well. Up until the Anniversary update we could set the lock screen image via GPO to our corporate brand wallpaper. Now we're getting a different Microsoft image every day.....

Any other suggestions?

CPinnegar, Oct 13, 2016
  7. SonicBlue Win User
    It is unbelievable that they would even remove the Group Policy editor from Windows Home. I have managed to get GPedit back but lacks many features. Sorry the Photo app didn't work but have you scanned your pc for problems, corrupt files is most likely the issue.
    Run sfc /scannow

SonicBlue, Oct 14, 2016
  8. CPinnegar Win User

Microsoft confirmed that this can no longer be set via GPO or registry editor. So, if you are managing a large number of PCs with a corporate-branding lock screen wallpaper, installing 1607 changes everyone's lock screen to Microsoft retail images. The only way to change it back at this point is to have each user change it manually in the settings area....which is completely unreasonable.

CPinnegar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I set the lock screen wallpaper on Win10 Pro domain PCs? - Similar Threads - set lock screen

2. Can I set the live wallpaper on the windows 11 lock screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I set the live wallpaper on the windows 11 lock screen?: I have a really cheap AMOLED monitor, and I'm worried that setting a still wallpaper as a lock screen will leave some marks. When I take a break from work, I usually leave the PC on and locked. I'm not the type of guy to put the PC to sleep for just a 30-minute break. Also,...
  3. Can I set the live wallpaper on the windows 11 lock screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I set the live wallpaper on the windows 11 lock screen?: I have a really cheap AMOLED monitor, and I'm worried that setting a still wallpaper as a lock screen will leave some marks. When I take a break from work, I usually leave the PC on and locked. I'm not the type of guy to put the PC to sleep for just a 30-minute break. Also,...
  4. Wallpaper on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper on lock screen: I want to ask about a way to solve changing the problematic lock screen wallpaper, so the problem is when we are at the place to change the wallpaper as a picture, but every time I change it the wallpaper will continue to load and not be replaced either, even the wallpaper...
  5. Wallpaper on lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wallpaper on lock screen: I want to ask about a way to solve changing the problematic lock screen wallpaper, so the problem is when we are at the place to change the wallpaper as a picture, but every time I change it the wallpaper will continue to load and not be replaced either, even the wallpaper...
  6. Wallpaper on lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to set wallpaper in a WorkGroup without a domain?

How to set wallpaper in a WorkGroup without a domain?: Hello, I'm trying to set a wallpaper in all machines of my WorkGroup, and I don't have a domain, how can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-wallpaper-in-a-workgroup-without-a/12c633ef-93a5-4fcf-94e2-056aae1edb36
  8. How can I set live wallpapers on Win10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I set live wallpapers on Win10?: Title says it all. Is there native support or do I require a 3rd party application. If the latter is true, what is a trustworthy application submitted by /u/Xirynx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/enn7jm/how_can_i_set_live_wallpapers_on_win10/
  9. Windows 10 Pro -- Wallpaper and Lock screen settings not synchronizing to new install

Windows 10 Pro -- Wallpaper and Lock screen settings not synchronizing to new install: I am setting up a new PC (Windows 10 Pro, 1903). I am signed into to Microsoft. It is not syncing my wallpaper and lock screen settings from my other Windows 10 Pro (1903) PC. The PC I am trying to sync from has been on Win 10 ever since Win 10 was released. Images below...
  10. lock screen wallpaper

lock screen wallpaper: Hi, I set a wallpaper on my lock screen by mistake. But I want to get back the windows feature of automatic slideshow of lock screen wallpaper.Before I set the wallpaper, Windows always set a new lock screen wallpaper automatically in about 2-4 days, but when I set a new...