Windows 10: How can I solve issues where I can't interact with UI elements on my computer?

Discus and support How can I solve issues where I can't interact with UI elements on my computer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For the past year or so I've been having a problem where after a few hours of my computer running some UI stop being able to be interacted with.Things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarcusMR, May 15, 2024.

1. MarcusMR Win User

How can I solve issues where I can't interact with UI elements on my computer?

For the past year or so I've been having a problem where after a few hours of my computer running some UI stop being able to be interacted with.Things such as my taskbar, some menus in games especially Minecraft start menu, when I Rightclick my desktop and my settings so on and so on.Wasn't sure if it was a memory problem, a windows 11 problem or malware so I reinstalled windows 11 I thought it stopped but it seemingly resumedafter a while, I made sure not to install anything I didn't trust so I'm not quite sure what could be causing this.Things I've tried to fix the issue:Reinstall windows

:)

MarcusMR, May 15, 2024

2. Windows 11 Taskbar and other UI elements do not respond to mouse clicks.

I performed steps 1-7 listed in the Windows 11 tab of the link you posted. After the restart, the taskbar still does not interact with the mouse along with other UI elements.

IsaacU_805, May 16, 2024
  3. Windows 11 Taskbar and other UI elements do not respond to mouse clicks.

I fresh installed Windows 11 about 48 hours ago. After updates and other software installations the taskbar became unclickable/usable. The steps laid out in fix the taskbar twice. However after a restart the taskbar returns in inoperable. After the latest restart, the steps laid out in the link above no longer work.

In addition to the taskbar, other elements that do not respond to mouse clicks are The BUY window that appears when purchasing a Movie through the Movies and TV app.

Lastly, the entire Screen Snip app is unclickable. There are more UI elements that are unclickable but I listed these items due to their easy communicability.

IsaacU_805, May 16, 2024
  4. TMH
    TMH Win User

UI elements periodically flickering

Since upgrading to Windows 10, there's a weird issue that randomly happens anywhere between every minute, to ever hour or more.

The taskbar, and certain UI elements in other windows flicker. They just switch between blank, and what they should be, maybe 5-6 times a second, only for a second or so, then everything is back to normal.

It's not all UI elements, Chrome/Firefox seem to be fine, but Windows Explorer is effected, and HeidiSQL (program we use to manage our dev database).

I've seen posts with a similar issue, where after a while the screen flickers and Windows becomes completely unusable afterwards.

Has anybody else had this issue and managed to solve it, or have any idea what I could try to fix it?

Spec is:

If you need any other details just ask.

Thema:

1. How can I solve issues where I can't interact with UI elements on my computer? - Similar Threads - solve issues where

2. How can I solve issues where I can't interact with UI elements on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I solve issues where I can't interact with UI elements on my computer?: For the past year or so I've been having a problem where after a few hours of my computer running some UI stop being able to be interacted with.Things such as my taskbar, some menus in games especially Minecraft start menu, when I Rightclick my desktop and my settings so on...
  3. How can I solve this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I solve this issue?: Hi,I recently started using the Phone Link feature, and I noticed I cannot use the apps from my phone on my computer; it says that they are not connected to the same Wi-Fi. The thing is, my computer is connected to the network via Ethernet cable, and I'm not sure what to do...
  4. How can I solve this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I solve this issue?: Hi,I recently started using the Phone Link feature, and I noticed I cannot use the apps from my phone on my computer; it says that they are not connected to the same Wi-Fi. The thing is, my computer is connected to the network via Ethernet cable, and I'm not sure what to do...
  5. What is this UI element called and how can I configure it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is this UI element called and how can I configure it?: ^^What is this and why does it need to exist? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-ui-element-called-and-how-can-i/38190972-b728-46b2-887f-1e15cc68d592
  6. What is this UI element called and how can I configure it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this UI element called and how can I configure it?: ^^What is this and why does it need to exist? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-ui-element-called-and-how-can-i/38190972-b728-46b2-887f-1e15cc68d592
  7. What is this UI element called and how can I configure it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How can i solve this issue of my windows powershell ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can i solve this issue of my windows powershell ?: when ever i am opening my windows powershell as administrator it is showing this error .How do i solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-solve-this-issue-of-my-windows/2b1a5168-aea0-40f1-b655-e441800e2751
  9. How can I solve this issue???

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I solve this issue???: please somebody help me!! I cannot click the Windows icon even use the board. I do not know what’s happened. Please somebody guide me how to use my windows as normal. Thank you so much!...
  10. where i can close one WD element

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    where i can close one WD element: this pc is my first time i use. i need eject wd element but the system thelme this divice is in use i cant not remove https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-i-can-close-one-wd-element/aacb4784-e7d7-49db-8aed-34ece0ea19ab