Windows 10: How can I stop a Program (ClipBoard Master) from being ELEVATED?

Discus and support How can I stop a Program (ClipBoard Master) from being ELEVATED? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My wife Installed ClipBoard Master on her system. We have 3 systems all with 64 bit Win 10. The 2 I installed are OK. Hers runs, but the software does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MPSAN, Feb 16, 2018.

1. MPSAN Win User

How can I stop a Program (ClipBoard Master) from being ELEVATED?

My wife Installed ClipBoard Master on her system. We have 3 systems all with 64 bit Win 10. The 2 I installed are OK. Hers runs, but the software does not come up at boot time. She needs to click it after bootup. I notice that hers has this as Elevated (TaskManager Details), but I can not reset it. In fact if I check properties on her clipboardmaster.exe the run as admin is grayed out. How the heck can I fix this...I have no idea what she did when she installed it! I guess I can compare Security settings for the program but we have never touched this setting before.

:)

MPSAN, Feb 16, 2018
  2. ste_---01 Win User

How can I stop delivery receipts from being sent? (Nokia 3250)

Is there any way I can stop delivery reports being sent when my phone has received a text message?

Thanks in advance

ste_---01, Feb 16, 2018
  3. petrib Win User
    How can I stop delivery receipts from being sent? (Nokia 3250)

On the phone you can't (except for MMS in the Messaging app settings). You have to ask your network operator if they have a service for that.

petrib, Feb 16, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello MPSAN, *Smile

You might check the registry using Option 11 in the tutorial below to see if the program may be listed to run as administrator using compatibility mode. If it is, you can delete the string value for the program to stop it.

*Arrow Run as Administrator in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Feb 16, 2018
  5. MPSAN Win User
    Thank You...
    Great, I can try this. If I do delete the string value, will it just stop the program from loading as admin (Elevated) or will it stop it from loading at all? If so, can I re-enable it? Also, I can try Option 10 as I do have the run as admin grayed out!

MPSAN, Feb 16, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Deleting it will only remove the compatibility setting to have it always run as administrator. It won't affect it for anything else.

Brink, Feb 16, 2018
  7. MPSAN Win User
    Great! What about Option 10?

MPSAN, Feb 16, 2018
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Uncheck the Run this program as an administrator box in Option 10 would do the same as Option 11.

Brink, Feb 16, 2018
  9. MPSAN Win User
    Well, I am running Reflect now before I play with this. How can I stop a Program (ClipBoard Master) from being ELEVATED? :)
    I checked and there is Nothing for this program in Layers. I checked both user and all users. I believe I will try Option 10 as the condition of the run as admin IS grayed out!

MPSAN, Feb 16, 2018
  10. MPSAN Win User
    Thank You. However Option 10 is NOT the same as option 11. Option 10, with Admin grayed out WORKED. Thank you again.

MPSAN, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I stop a Program (ClipBoard Master) from being ELEVATED? - Similar Threads - stop Program ClipBoard

2. how can i stop my controller from being read as a pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i stop my controller from being read as a pc?: when playing games on my pc even through the xbox app my pc things that my xbox controller is a mouse. this happens with all of my controllers wired or not. i have tried restarting my pc multiple times but doesn't work. even if i unplug the mouse it still continues to think...
  3. how can i stop my controller from being read as a pc?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how can i stop my controller from being read as a pc?: when playing games on my pc even through the xbox app my pc things that my xbox controller is a mouse. this happens with all of my controllers wired or not. i have tried restarting my pc multiple times but doesn't work. even if i unplug the mouse it still continues to think...
  4. How can I stop the Word Clipboard function?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I stop the Word Clipboard function?: Until I got Word, I was able to copy and paste to my heart's content. Now I find that I can paste only 24 times. Then I have to track down the Word iteration that has my copies showing and clear the clipboard in order to continue copying and pasting. This is time consuming...
  5. How Do You Stop Programs From Running Elevated Automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How Do You Stop Programs From Running Elevated Automatically: [ATTACH] As you can see from the screenshot, almost all of my tasks in the 'Details' section of Task Manager are running as 'Elevated' which means 'Running as Admin' as far as I know. More outside of this screenshot running Admin by themselves too. Normally this doesn't...
  6. How to stop a child account from being able to install programs

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to stop a child account from being able to install programs: Hi, I have a child account for my child to be able to do his school work on. I've blocked the Windows store but he's installed Chrome, which I blocked and Firefox, which I've also blocked to get around the websites that I've blocked on Edge. How can I block him from...
  7. How can I stop programs from opening in full screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I stop programs from opening in full screen?: That's right I don't want them to open and take up the whole screen. Things like Windows Settings, Microsoft Store, Photo. Chrome opens the size I left it, other programs open the size I left them. Specifically seems to be Microsoft programs that won't, they keep wanting to...
  8. How can I stop a folder from being pushed to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I stop a folder from being pushed to OneDrive: How do I disable folders from being uploaded to OneDrive? I like using OneDrive, but I have one folder under "My Documents" that is several Gigabytes and I don't want it getting synced up to Onedrive. All the settings I can find are about folders being pulled down, but I...
  9. How do I stop programs from being downloaded on all users.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I stop programs from being downloaded on all users.: whenever i am on my main account, the administrator, and i download something it gets downladed to the other users aswell. I dont like this because the other user account is my school one....
  10. Switch to non-elevated program from elevated prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Switch to non-elevated program from elevated prompt: Hi, I use an administrative mode (elevated) command prompt to maneuver through most of my day. I have a code editor (in this case, Crimson Editor) open at all times, and when I need to edit a file quickly, I simply type cedt <filename> at the command prompt. What is...