Windows 10: how can i stop file explorer refreshing when i make a new folder?

Discus and support how can i stop file explorer refreshing when i make a new folder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi i hope someone can help me, ive been trying different phrases for days tryin to find an answer,*Sad im running win 10 pro 32 and the way i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MAFIATEAM1, Jan 29, 2016.

1. how can i stop file explorer refreshing when i make a new folder?

Hi i hope someone can help me, ive been trying different phrases for days tryin to find an answer,*Sad
    im running win 10 pro 32 and the way i have file explorer set up is in List view in name order,
    the problem i have is because there are soo many folders when i right click and copy a name ( ie Tech Reports v23) then right click and make a new folder, that "new folder" is thrown into alphabetical order before i can paste the name in ,, *Dohusually as i try ive clicked in an empty location meaning i have to go through the routine of right click then rename then paste,, not fun when you have between 20 to 40 a day to do,, *Mad

so can anyone please help me in switching off the refresh while im working in that folder so it only refreshes when i manually right click once ive finished working *Sleep

many thanx in advance *Wink

:)

MAFIATEAM1, Jan 29, 2016

2. File Explorer freezes when I make a new folder in windows 10 Anniversary Update

Another Error Report under Administrative Events:

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.15063.447, time stamp: 0x951324bb

Faulting module name: SHELL32.dll, version: 10.0.15063.483, time stamp: 0xcbf15fae

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000435536

Faulting process id: 0x1e7c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d3058433c0eaf1

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\SHELL32.dll

Report Id: bf267806-c538-4918-b86f-311ed8da9292

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Slammy_Man, Jan 29, 2016
  3. XLave Win User
    File Explorer freezes when I make a new folder in windows 10 Anniversary Update

Yes!! It is solved after installing this update!! 1GB of download on the other side....uugghhh

XLave, Jan 29, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

how can i stop file explorer refreshing when i make a new folder?

Hi, If you use the button (3rd right on title bar) to create the new folder, your cursor ends up in the name field of the new folder.

how can i stop file explorer refreshing when i make a new folder? [​IMG]

On the other hand, if I rt click empty space and create a new folder, what happens in mine is that the New Folder appears in the middle of the pane once it is created.
    (Using list view in alpha order)
    In Details view, in alpha order, it appears at the top of the list as displayed in explorer once I've created it.
    But in neither of these cases does the cursor end up in the name field, and I have to right click to rename it.

Are you expecting that when you create the folder you should be prompted for its name?
    Unfortunately that's not how it seems to work from a rt click new folder create. A bit messy.

XYplorer behaves as I think you wish: the cursor is left in 'New Folder' in the newly created folder, ready for you to rename it.
    Some here use the free version, so you might consider using an alternative file manager.

dalchina, Jan 31, 2016
Thema:

how can i stop file explorer refreshing when i make a new folder?

1. how can i stop file explorer refreshing when i make a new folder? - Similar Threads - stop file explorer

2. How do I make search stop refreshing when I click an item?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I make search stop refreshing when I click an item?: When I click an item it keeps refreshing how do I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-search-stop-refreshing-when-i-click/894a67e7-008c-4169-b7cb-1b627ae36120
  3. How do I make search stop refreshing when I click an item?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make search stop refreshing when I click an item?: When I click an item it keeps refreshing how do I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-search-stop-refreshing-when-i-click/894a67e7-008c-4169-b7cb-1b627ae36120
  4. How do I make search stop refreshing when I click an item?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer Icon changes depending on the folder that's open - can I make it stop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer Icon changes depending on the folder that's open - can I make it stop?: If the Documents folder is open in File Explorer, the icon in the taskbar becomes a document. Ditto for pictures. This is really annoying because when I go to click on File Explorer, it sometimes requires a double take to find it. I work from home and do a lot of file...
  6. Why can I not make a new folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why can I not make a new folder?: [ATTACH] WTF, thats the most basic needs in a computer wtf!? https://preview.redd.it/h3ap24ikgmy51.png?width=993&format=png&auto=webp&s=28268d8ca0ef0d48b93f0f84369022e91ae7930b submitted by /u/tomk23_reddit [link] [comments]...
  7. Win10 Explorer doesn't refresh for new files or new folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Explorer doesn't refresh for new files or new folders: I have w10 1809 up to date, stock install, and my explorer window does not refresh when I download a file or unzip something. How do I correct this? 161885
  8. How can stop to open a new file explorer of win 10 when I double click on a folder e.g....

How can stop to open a new file explorer of win 10 when I double click on a folder e.g....: How can stop to open a new file explorer of win 10 when I double click on a folder e.g. Desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-stop-to-open-a-new-file-explorer-of-win-10/48619775-99a4-4369-9c69-d605b4e8cdb1
  9. How can i make File Explorer list shortcuts to folders with the folders?

How can i make File Explorer list shortcuts to folders with the folders?: I need to move some folders to the SD chip and leave a shortcut in the original folder on the SSD. That much is easy to do. Unfortunately, when using "Sort by Name", File Explorer lists the shortcuts with the files, not with the folders. I don't want to use "Group by Name"...
  10. File Explorer stopped refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer stopped refreshing: Until yesterday, when I deleted a file shown in File Explorer, it immediately vanished. But now, deleted files won’t go away until I right-click on a blank space and click Refresh. Same with renamed files. I did a SFC /scannow, which found some problems and corrected them,...