Windows 10: How can I stop getting File History Backup Error 0x80070003?

Discus and support How can I stop getting File History Backup Error 0x80070003? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Whenever I do the File History Backup; at completion it gives me the following message: "Backup encountered a problem while backing up file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Bobold, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Bobold Win User

How can I stop getting File History Backup Error 0x80070003?

Whenever I do the File History Backup; at completion it gives me the following message: "Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\Admin\SkyDrive\Pictures. Error: (The system cannot find the path specified. (0x80070003))". I believe this occurred for the first time after I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I no longer have a SkyDrive folder it was replaced with a OneDrive folder. For some reason it is still looking for the SkyDrive folder. In the "Exclude from File History" screen I am unable to exclude the SkyDrive folder. I guess that doesn't surprise me because I no longer have SkyDrive folder. How then do I prevent this error occurring when doing a File History backup?

:)

Bobold, Feb 21, 2016
  2. Cajey22 Win User

Windows 10 "File History has stopped working" message during restore

Hello.

I am trying to restore files from a File History back-up from a different PC. I go to Backup > More options > Restore files from a current backup.

The File History window opens and I can see the files but an error message immediately appears:

"File History has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

There is no error message or other detail. Has anyone any suggestions for what I can check to try to get access to the files in the back-up? Are there any problems which are caused by using a File History back-up from a different PC? (I can't now access
    the files on the original PC because of start-up problems with that, but that's another story in another thread.)

Many thanks for any help.

Regards,

Jules.

Cajey22, Feb 21, 2016
  3. Windows 10: fails backup to system image

I kept getting a "Write Protected" error code. Was not aware of the difference between System Image Backup and File History Backup. So, I am now doing a File History backup only. So then, how do I go about making a separate System Image backup on a second
    hard drive if I keep getting a write protected error code? This all started with the last Windows 10 update on 12-14-2015 or thereabouts. Thanks.

William Londree, Feb 21, 2016
  4. How can I stop getting File History Backup Error 0x80070003?

I would suggest you to run check disk and see if that help, the following are the steps to run check disk
    1.Open Computer by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Computer.
    2.Right-click the drive that you want to check, and then click Properties.
    3.Click the Tools tab, and then, under Error-checking, click Check now.
    If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    To automatically repair problems with files and folders that the scan detects, select Automatically fix file system errors.
    Otherwise, the disk check will report problems but not fix them.
    To perform a thorough check, select Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors.
    This scan attempts to find and repair physical errors on the drive itself, and it can take much longer to complete.
    To check for both file errors and physical errors, select both Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors.
    4.Click Start.

If the above steps fail, I would suggest you to try the following steps.
    1. Click Start, and then Run.
    2. In Open, type cmd, and then press ENTER.
    3. Use one of the following procedures:
    o To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, at the command prompt, type chkdsk, and then press ENTER.
    o To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, at the command prompt, type chkdsk volume:/f, and then press ENTER.
    o To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, at the command prompt, type chkdsk volume:/r, and then press ENTER
    once you complete the above steps, I would suggest you to disable all security software and then try back up again.
    I would also suggest you to make sure that you have full permission given to the drive for which you want to back up the files.
    1. Click Start, click My Computer, and then locate the file or folder where you want to set special permissions.
    2. Right-click the file or folder, click Properties, and then click the Security tab.
    3. Click Advanced, and then use one of the following steps:
    A. To set special permissions for an additional group or user, click Add, and then in Name box, type the name of the user or group, and then click OK.
    B. To view or change special permissions for an existing group or user, click the name of the group or user, and then click Edit.
    C. To remove an existing group or user and the special permissions, click the name of the group or user, and then click Remove. If the Remove button is unavailable, click to clear the Inherit from parent the permission entries that apply to child objects. Include these with entries explicitly defined here check box, click Remove, and then skip steps 4 and 5.
    4. In the Permissions box, click to select or click to clear the appropriate Allow or Deny check box.
    5. In the Apply onto box, click the folders or subfolders where you want these permissions applied.
    6. To configure security so that the subfolders and files do not inherit these permissions, click to clear the Apply these permissions to objects and/or containers within this container only check box.
    7. Click OK two times, and then click OK in the Advanced Security Settings for Folder Name box, where Folder Name is the folder name.

hTconeM9user, Feb 21, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Bobold,
    Run your disk check this way............................

Right click at Start button > select Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy & paste this..................
    chkdsk /f/r

> Enter.

The black and white screen will tell you that (paraphrasing) it cannot be done now, but do you want to do that on restart.
    Type Y as in "yes" > enter.
    Exit command prompt.
    Restart computer.
    Disk check will commence at restart.
    When finishes, it will give you a report and then it will take you back to your desktop.

davidhk, Feb 21, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    In the other forum which you posted the same question, you received an answer.
    Does it work ?
    If yes, please let us know.

davidhk, Feb 21, 2016
  7. Bobold Win User
    . Thank you hTconeM9user and davidhk. I appreciate your willingness to help. I tried all the suggestions after receiving them but waited to perform my next backup yesterday to see if that fixed the problem. I am sorry to say that none of the suggestions worked. I still get the same message: Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\Admin\SkyDrive\Pictures. Error*SadThe system cannot find the path specified. (0x80070003)). I guess I will just learn to live with it. It is only reporting a condition that to me seems meaningless since I no longer have a SkyDrive folder

Bobold, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How can I stop getting File History Backup Error 0x80070003?

1. How can I stop getting File History Backup Error 0x80070003? - Similar Threads - stop getting File

2. How can I get File History to backup files on thr D:/ drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get File History to backup files on thr D:/ drive: How can I get File History to backup files on the D:/ drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-file-history-to-backup-files-on-thr/e233f48b-7cab-4cd3-ba60-290dfaff8f42
  3. How can I get File History to backup files on thr D:/ drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get File History to backup files on thr D:/ drive: How can I get File History to backup files on the D:/ drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-file-history-to-backup-files-on-thr/e233f48b-7cab-4cd3-ba60-290dfaff8f42
  4. How can I get File History backup to close automatically when complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get File History backup to close automatically when complete: How can I get File History backup to close automatically when complete without shutting down the computer.. Safely remove hardware does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-file-history-backup-to-close/aec10970-1517-4cfb-a4a6-21c13dc4825d
  5. How can I get File History backup to close automatically when complete

How can I get File History backup to close automatically when complete: How can I get File History backup to close automatically when complete without shutting down the computer.. Safely remove hardware does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-file-history-backup-to-close/aec10970-1517-4cfb-a4a6-21c13dc4825d
  6. I get an error 0x80070003

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I get an error 0x80070003: It happened when I was trying to update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-an-error-0x80070003/5804935e-65cf-4774-a94d-56ea88346442
  7. can not stop file history

can not stop file history: I have an active one drive connection that copies all my documents, etc. to the cloud as well as a backup of files in Windows Server 2012. Prior to the last update build 19041.329, I had file history turned off since it is redundant in my situation. Since the update I am...
  8. Backup error 0x80070003

Backup error 0x80070003: When I do a backup I keep getting this error. The full script is C:\Windows\System32\config\Systemprofile\Images\Img00000.stg_hm\Pictures_Error:Status_WAIT_3 0x8007003 How do I identify the cause of the problem and eliminate it? I hope that there is a simple way of doing...
  9. Can not update PC getting error 0x80070003

Can not update PC getting error 0x80070003: I tried everything everything suggested on this page: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/cant-update-pc-getting-error-0x80070003/f64d3a00-5cc2-4981-b88f-a4b188228bb5?tm=1572972602222&auth=1...
  10. Backup Error: (STATUS_WAIT_3 (0x80070003)

Backup Error: (STATUS_WAIT_3 (0x80070003): skipping file in backup-pictures/pictures https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/backup-error-statuswait3-0x80070003/57819294-91fb-4aa3-87d4-c0a9fcd72b56
Tags: