Windows 10: How can I stop One Drive

Discus and support How can I stop One Drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can I stop One Drive as I never use it? 58696 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WalterW, Aug 3, 2016.

1. WalterW Win User

How can I stop One Drive

How can I stop One Drive as I never use it?

:)

WalterW, Aug 3, 2016

2. Help! How do I stop One Drive Sync in Windows 10?

In this conversation, we've been discussing how to turn it completely off.

If you only want to pause temporarily so it doesn't use your internet connection for a while, that's easy.
    Just treat it like a regular old program. Right-click the cloud OneDrive icon and Exit. Now it won't be syncing or running at all. You can still use the files that are stored, your changes just won't go to the cloud yet.

When you're ready to start syncing again, just launch the program again. You can find "OneDrive" in your start menu, or you can make a shortcut to it on your taskbar or desktop (both of which allow for shortcut keys if you want to start it without using a
    mouse pointer).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 3, 2016
  3. Help! How do I stop One Drive Sync in Windows 10?

I ended up clicking on one of the folders in my One Drive and then a drop down let me Choose One Drive folders to sync.

DavidNighswander, Aug 3, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

How can I stop One Drive

Right click the one drive icon, then Settings, select not to start when windows starts, then close/exit the icon and answer yes to not using it.

RWOne, Aug 3, 2016
  5. WalterW Win User
    Thanks.

That worked just fine

WalterW, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How can I stop One Drive

1. How can I stop One Drive - Similar Threads - stop Drive

2. how do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?: How do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?When I attempt to upload any files to my 1TB laptop, the files are 'claimed' by 'drive' that tells me it is full and wants me to buy more space'., But I have a 1TB laptop and don't need space.I tried to upload to...
  3. how do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?: How do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?When I attempt to upload any files to my 1TB laptop, the files are 'claimed' by 'drive' that tells me it is full and wants me to buy more space'., But I have a 1TB laptop and don't need space.I tried to upload to...
  4. how do I stop my personal files being 'claimed' by 'drive'?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. STOP HACKING MY PC TO FORCE UPDATES ON ME IT IS ILLEGAL TO ACCESS MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT MY...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOP HACKING MY PC TO FORCE UPDATES ON ME IT IS ILLEGAL TO ACCESS MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT MY...: DESPITE DISABLING TELEMETRY AND EVERY UPDATE SERVICE, YOU ARE REMOTE HACKING MY PC TO FORCE FILES TO INSTALL ON IT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. THIS IS ILLEGAL AND YOU NEED TO STOP. STOP FORCING UPDATES ON USERS WHO ARE DENYING YOU ACCESS TO THEIR PC, I DID NOT GIVE YOU PERMISSION...
  6. STOP HACKING MY PC TO FORCE UPDATES ON ME IT IS ILLEGAL TO ACCESS MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT MY...

STOP HACKING MY PC TO FORCE UPDATES ON ME IT IS ILLEGAL TO ACCESS MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT MY...: DESPITE DISABLING TELEMETRY AND EVERY UPDATE SERVICE, YOU ARE REMOTE HACKING MY PC TO FORCE FILES TO INSTALL ON IT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. THIS IS ILLEGAL AND YOU NEED TO STOP. STOP FORCING UPDATES ON USERS WHO ARE DENYING YOU ACCESS TO THEIR PC, I DID NOT GIVE YOU PERMISSION...
  7. HOW DO YOU STOP MICROSOFT FROM REMOTELY ACCESSING MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT PERMISSION?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOW DO YOU STOP MICROSOFT FROM REMOTELY ACCESSING MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT PERMISSION?: I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO BLOCK MICROSOFT FROM ACCESSING MY HARD DRIVE BUT THEY WERE ABLE TO HACK MY PC AND READ THROUGH MY FILES AND INSTALL UPDATES WITHOUT PERMISSION. HOW DO I STOP MICROSOFT FROM BREAKING THE LAW AND USING MY PROPERTY WITHOUT MY PERMISSION? IT'S...
  8. STOP HACKING MY PC TO FORCE UPDATES ON ME IT IS ILLEGAL TO ACCESS MY HARD DRIVE WITHOUT MY...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How do i stop One Drive Syncing Desktop/pictures etc..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i stop One Drive Syncing Desktop/pictures etc..: how do i stop it syncing **** i dont need from one machine to another.. i have about 5 windows machines and dont want my desktop gaming icons showing up on my 3d printing laptop etc. likewise i dont want virtual harddisk folders on my gaming machine. hiding icons doesnt work...
  10. How do i stop One Drive Syncing Desktop/pictures etc..

How do i stop One Drive Syncing Desktop/pictures etc..: how do i stop it syncing **** i dont need from one machine to another.. i have about 5 windows machines and dont want my desktop gaming icons showing up on my 3d printing laptop etc. likewise i dont want virtual harddisk folders on my gaming machine. hiding icons doesnt work...