Windows 10: How Can I stop USB Drive From Powering Down?

Discus and support How Can I stop USB Drive From Powering Down? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I know, I went to the USB HUBS and told windows to stop powering down the drive in my new SATA III to USB 3 Dock. However, it stops spinning after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MPSAN, Jul 28, 2017.

1. MPSAN Win User

How Can I stop USB Drive From Powering Down?

I know, I went to the USB HUBS and told windows to stop powering down the drive in my new SATA III to USB 3 Dock. However, it stops spinning after a few minutes anyway. Is there anything else I can do? It is a Sabrent EC-DFFN if it matters and the drive is a new 4TB Toshiba Enterprise MG03ACA400.

:)

MPSAN, Jul 28, 2017
  2. '()# Win User

Connected USB Drive causes beep sound continuously on Windows 10

Old title: USB Drive cause beep

I have an issue with any USB Drive that is installed. After plugging in any USB drive the PC will start to beep after a while the beeping will change to a constant tone. Unplugging the USB Drive will not stop the tone or even restarting the pc will not
    stop the tone. The only way I have found to stop the tone is to CRASH the PC by turning off the power at the Power Point while the PC is still running.

To me it seem that there is some issue in a Registry some where.

How is problem Corrected.

Thanks

Neal....

3. guret86 Win User
    Re: Is it possible to accessing regular Thumbdrive from Nokia Hp e.g N96

Thanks for your reply.

I though if the handphone can read a memory card and there is a converter from memory card to usb port,Hence, there is a way to read a usb drive from the handphone.

One of the problem is maybe handphone cannot give power to the usb drive just as PC could.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but if memory card and usb drive both need power supply for data access, hence there can be some driver that can be installed in handphone to power up usb drive and read data in it, right?

guret86, Jul 28, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

There is a setting in Control Panel, Power Options about power saving and turning off the USB ports, might check that.

Berton, Jul 28, 2017
  5. MPSAN Win User
    Ok, I unplugged the usb cable and the drive stays on...I will look at control panel.

MPSAN, Jul 28, 2017
  6. MPSAN Win User
    Do you mean USB Selective Suspend? It is enabled by default so does that keep the USB HDD powered on?

MPSAN, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How Can I stop USB Drive From Powering Down? - Similar Threads - stop USB Drive

2. How can I stop Windows from deciding the Alt key is down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I stop Windows from deciding the Alt key is down?: On my Windows 10 laptop, occasionally it will decide that the Alt key is pressed, turning every keystroke into an Alt combination. This is not a physical problem with the keyboard, as it happens with both the laptop keyboard and my separate USB keyboard. I have learned to...
  3. How do I stop background processes from spinning up a powered down HDD?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop background processes from spinning up a powered down HDD?: I have disks that I spin down when not in use. Normally these are backup drives that are used once weekly. Rather than wear the bearings out by spinning 24/7, I have the power config spin the drive down after 15 minutes. Then. sometime later, and without any sensible...
  4. Can I power up an external USB drive on demand & power down when finis

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I power up an external USB drive on demand & power down when finis: I have an external USB drive that I'd like to keep plugged in all the time IF I can spin it up when my backup software is timed to come on - and spin down when my backup is completed. The goal is to have my backups completely unattended - but not have my drives spinning 24/7....
  5. Can I power up an external USB drive on demand & power down when finis

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I power up an external USB drive on demand & power down when finis: I have an external USB drive that I'd like to keep plugged in all the time IF I can spin it up when my backup software is timed to come on - and spin down when my backup is completed. The goal is to have my backups completely unattended - but not have my drives spinning 24/7....
  6. How can i boot from a usb?

How can i boot from a usb?: One day my computer stopped working, it would send me to the screen which offers to restart or advanced options. I tried recovery and resetting the drives on the computer. Since there wasn’t anything I couldn’t recover from the pc I decided i would boot from a usb using the...
  7. How can I stop downloads from going to the Recovery drive?

How can I stop downloads from going to the Recovery drive?: All of my downloads are going to my 14GB recovery drive when I don’t want them to so is there a way for it to stop doing that? submitted by /u/FREZZIERISDOODOO [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hb6yf3/how_can_i_stop_downloads_from_going_to_the/
  8. can not power down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    can not power down: Since the last update my computer will not power down, I have to hold the power button down for a few seconds to get it to switch off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-power-down/e83d9b38-9f0f-44d5-a857-80260d06a279
  9. How can I stop my SSD drive from showing as a Removable drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I stop my SSD drive from showing as a Removable drive?: When I use the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon/tool, to remove a USB stick, my internal SSD drive shows as a choice to be removed. How can I get the SSD off this list? In Device Manager, under Disk Drives, looking at the SSD drive's properties there is no...
  10. How can I stop One Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I stop One Drive: How can I stop One Drive as I never use it? 58696