Windows 10: How can I stop Windows Defender definitions update notifications?

Discus and support How can I stop Windows Defender definitions update notifications? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; They happen every day and I always get this slide in toast notification. The updates are like 50kb and are done in .5 of a second, I don't need to know... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GreyWasMyFriend, Aug 26, 2015.

1. How can I stop Windows Defender definitions update notifications?

They happen every day and I always get this slide in toast notification. The updates are like 50kb and are done in .5 of a second, I don't need to know about it

I think it's because I disabled auto update because I'd heard of Windows 10 handling that in an incredibly aggressive way, but is there some middle ground where Windows Defender can auto update and the actual important updates manually notify me for download?

Sorry, searched but couldnt find anything

:)

GreyWasMyFriend, Aug 26, 2015
  2. Deee Jay Win User

Windows Defender keeps trying and retrying to update itself - KB2267602 (Definition 1.211.1149.0) - Error 0x80070643.

Original title: Windows Defender updates

I have Norton 360 installed and working ok on Windows10. But Windows Defender keeps trying and retrying to update itself -

KB2267602 (Definition 1.211.1149.0) - Error 0x80070643. Defender is stopped. Other updates download ok. Any ideas how I can stop this?

DEE JAY

Deee Jay, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Mark_800 Win User
    How do I stop Windows Update downloading Defender Definition Updates

I'm running Windows 10.

I have Kaspersky installed and therefore have Windows Defender disabled. However every day Windows Update downloads a Defender Definitions update.

This is pointless, a useless waste of time and network resource - precisely because Windows Defender is disabled on my PC as I don't use it.

How do I stop Windows Update from downloading the useless and redundant Defender Definitions updates ?

Mark_800, Aug 26, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

How can I stop Windows Defender definitions update notifications?

Hello, did you solve this?
    I just noted your post while researching this for someone, and happened to come across this:
    The Ultimate Windows Tweaker (free) has an option to disable Toast notifications, but that's all, not just Defender.
    Under the Modern UI tab.

dalchina, Apr 26, 2016
Thema:

How can I stop Windows Defender definitions update notifications?

1. How can I stop Windows Defender definitions update notifications? - Similar Threads - stop Defender definitions

2. How can I prevent notifications for Defender updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I prevent notifications for Defender updates?: Through the policy editor, I have set "Configure Windows Updates" to "2 - Notify for download and auto install".While this works fine for Windows updates, I am getting notifications quite often for security updates for Microsoft Defender. These updates are automatically...
  3. How can I prevent notifications for Defender updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I prevent notifications for Defender updates?: Through the policy editor, I have set "Configure Windows Updates" to "2 - Notify for download and auto install".While this works fine for Windows updates, I am getting notifications quite often for security updates for Microsoft Defender. These updates are automatically...
  4. How can I prevent notifications for Defender updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to stop this notification "Update virus protection" in Windows Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop this notification "Update virus protection" in Windows Defender?: So now and then I receive a notification to update the virus definitions inside Windows Defender. It looks like this:I want to stop it as it's really annoying. I know that security updates are very important. So, I want to know a way to either automatically update the virus...
  6. How to update the virus definition for the Defender?

How to update the virus definition for the Defender?: I am receiving the Win 10 alarm sounded while surfing the internet, saying my PC has virus, and led me to the process for virus update. I am wonder it was a fake message, I would appreciate someone can show me how to get the virus update by down load the virus definition...
  7. Windows update notifications for definition updates

Windows update notifications for definition updates: Running win10 pro 1809 and Defender Antivirus. I have Windows Update configured for "notify to download updates", which unfortunately prevents automatic definition updates for Defender Antivirus. (Microsoft should fix this. I should be able to allow definition updates...
  8. Windows Defender stopped scanning / updating virus definitions

Windows Defender stopped scanning / updating virus definitions: Hello everybody, My Windows Defender stopped scanning / updating virus definitions, I've had to do these things manually since the Win 10 April 2018 upgrade. Re-installed the whole Win 10, didn't fix the problem. Today I completed the Win 10 October 2018 upgrade....
  9. how to hide defender definition update notifications?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to hide defender definition update notifications?: I am regularly getting notifications to update windows defender virus definitions. I don't want to update regulary. I download new database every 6 months or so, and then merge to it. In w8, in Security and Maintenance, there was a clear option to stop such...
  10. How to stop Updates of Windows Defender Definition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop Updates of Windows Defender Definition: I have disabled Window Defender, but the Updates of Windows Defender Definition are still downloaded and installed. How do I stop it? I tried to use the Show or Hide updates to hide the Update of Windows Defender Definition, but it did not appear there. 19152