Windows 10: How can I switch between tablet mode easily?

Discus and support How can I switch between tablet mode easily? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know I can use settings, but that is a pain (too many steps). Would there be a one click (or double click) way to change this (toggle it?). Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by IronManMark20, Jul 31, 2015.

1. How can I switch between tablet mode easily?

I know I can use settings, but that is a pain (too many steps). Would there be a one click (or double click) way to change this (toggle it?). Thanks.

:)

IronManMark20, Jul 31, 2015
  2. Larry-460 Win User

Windows 10 - Tablet/Desktop modes

I just did something and my PC turned on tablet mode.

I have turned off tablet mode and gone into settings and told it to start in desktop mode and never switch.

For some reason it is switching between desktop mode and tablet mode every time I click on the windows start button.

How can I disable tablet mode?

Larry-460, Jul 31, 2015
  3. how do I disable on screen keyboard in windows 10 ?

The tablet mode cannot be "switched off" as is advised. One can only "switch" between Use desktop mode
    or Use tablet mode.

BennieSteyn, Jul 31, 2015
  4. How can I switch between tablet mode easily?

If you press Win + A it will open the action center, on the bottom there is a button to toggle tablet mode on/off

Regards,
    Jamie

JDobbsy1987, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Tablet mode is greyed out for me? It wasn't in the past, not sure what I did to kill it though? Noticed it greyed out on my desktop PC and my laptop. It was something I changed but have no idea what that was?

alphanumeric, Jul 31, 2015
  7. Do you need to have a touch device for it to be clickable maybe?

JDobbsy1987, Jul 31, 2015
  8. How can I switch between tablet mode easily?

I could switch to tablet mode in windows 8.1, even with no touch screen. It appears, from a Google search. If you have external monitors connected its disabled in windows 10. I'll confirm this on my laptop, but not tonight. I've had a few, *Drink1. I use a USB 3 external monitor on it. I have a triple monitor setup on my desktop PC. All are connected to my Video card though?

alphanumeric, Jul 31, 2015
  9. On my laptop, if I have my external USB 3 connected monitor connected, and set to extend. Tablet mode is greyed out. If I switch to PC only screen mode, its not greyed out and I can select it. if I then then switch back to extend, I get a popup saying exiting tablet mode.

Edit: neither screen is a touch screen.

alphanumeric, Aug 1, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Interesting. Tablet mode had worked on my desktop in earlier builds of Windows 10, but just not in the RTM. I'll have to do some more testing as well.

Brink, Aug 1, 2015
  11. I'm pretty sure it worked in windows 8.1 on my desktop, that has 3 monitors. Now it doesn't in windows 10. I'm going to try switching to PC Only for screen mode on it and see what happens. i'm chilling out on my deck with my laptop right now so it likely won't be until tomorrow some time. It's just to nice to go inside right now.

12. Same deal on my desktop PC. Switch to PC only for display mode and I can select tablet mode. Switch it back to Extend and I get the notification that "You have just left tablet Mode". Must be the auto detect switch automatically, or what ever it is that's doing it. Put your tablet in a dock with a second display attached and it switches out of tablet mode type of thing? Only this is a desktop PC with 3 monitors?

13. How can I switch between tablet mode easily?

I think it might be multiple monitors as i have 3 monitors and it's greyed out, my mum has 2 monitors and its greyed out but my sister only has 1 monitor and it allows tablet mode

JDobbsy1987, Aug 1, 2015
  14. Yeah, if I switch video mode to PC only (single monitor) its not greyed out anymore. As soon as I go back to extend its greyed out, and switches out of tablet mode if in tablet mode. Not sure why them changed that? Pretty sure it doesn't work that way in Windows 8.1.

15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

How can I switch between tablet mode easily?

1. How can I switch between tablet mode easily? - Similar Threads - switch between tablet

2. Explicit tablet mode switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explicit tablet mode switch: Can we get an explicit tablet mod switch for Windows 11?Here's the use case:Windows 11 auto-selects tablet mode if under certain circumstancesFor example, if you have a 2-in-1 PC like a Surface, Lenovo Yoga, HP x360, etc and you "tent" it by folding the keyboard backIt's also...
  3. Explicit tablet mode switch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explicit tablet mode switch: Can we get an explicit tablet mod switch for Windows 11?Here's the use case:Windows 11 auto-selects tablet mode if under certain circumstancesFor example, if you have a 2-in-1 PC like a Surface, Lenovo Yoga, HP x360, etc and you "tent" it by folding the keyboard backIt's also...
  4. How to switch apps in tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch apps in tablet mode?: Hello, I've using a surface running windows 10. But I don't even know how to switch between apps when in tablet mode, and I haven't found any information from Microsoft website. There is help for Turn tablet mode on , but the link on the page Use your PC like a tablet goes to...
  5. How to switch apps in tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch apps in tablet mode?: Hello, I've using a surface running windows 10. But I don't even know how to switch between apps when in tablet mode, and I haven't found any information from Microsoft website. There is help for Turn tablet mode on , but the link on the page Use your PC like a tablet goes to...
  6. How to Easily switch between 2 monitors/graphics cards

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to Easily switch between 2 monitors/graphics cards: So basicly I have 2 monitors. My main monitor is smaller (27"), but has higher resolution and frame rate. I use it for work and games. My second monitor is actually a tv. It's bigger, but has lower resolution and frame rate. I use it for movies and sometimes co-op games. I...
  7. Surface not switching between Tablet or Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface not switching between Tablet or Desktop: Hi, I have to manually change modes between Tablet and Desktop, even though the settings are to "switch and don't ask". Nothing happens when I plug in the dock, other than the usual USB sounds for devices connecting. Is there some other setting I have missed?...
  8. Tablet mode interface switching?

Tablet mode interface switching?: Hi everyone As I have been using my tablet I started wondering if there's a way, while in tablet mode, to have windows symbol, back arrow, and Cortana symbol in the bottom right hand corner. In other words switch the placements of those items with the time, battery,...
  9. How Can I Switch Between Themes Easily?

How Can I Switch Between Themes Easily?: How can I switch between win themes easily? Is it possible to assign a keyboard shortcut? 107161
  10. Windows 10: streamlines switching between desktop and tablet mode

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: streamlines switching between desktop and tablet mode: [img] One of the new additions to Windows 10 is how the OS handles tablets and desktops. In Windows 8, you were in either the modern environment or using the desktop, but with Windows 10, these two environments are blended together to create a seamless experience. In...