Windows 10: How can I take my SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 256GB thumb drive offline (to allow HyperV VM access)?

Discus and support How can I take my SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 256GB thumb drive offline (to allow HyperV VM access)? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My flash drive is entirely formatted with encrypted LUKS (done on a real Ubuntu 16.04 desktop). I want to mount it in my Ubuntu 16.04 VM running in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GiantPete, Aug 16, 2018.

1. GiantPete Win User

How can I take my SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 256GB thumb drive offline (to allow HyperV VM access)?

My flash drive is entirely formatted with encrypted LUKS (done on a real Ubuntu 16.04 desktop).

I want to mount it in my Ubuntu 16.04 VM running in HyperV on my new Windows 10 Pro laptop (i9, 32GB ram...).

SO I need a way to take this USB drive offline (apparently not an option for this driver type - WHY?)

OR if possible can I Force it to be a 'USB Mass Storage Device'? It is 256GB afterall…

All I get in windows are offers to re-format it.

I have enabled Enhanced Session Mode for my ubuntu VM but this is no good if the disk is not mounted by Windows (due to file system not being recognised).

:)

GiantPete, Aug 16, 2018
  2. fromnj Win User

Is my sandisk ultra usb 3.0 flash drive compatible w W10 although W8 is highest listed?

Is my sandisk ultra usb 3.0 flash drive compatible w W10 although W8 is highest listed?

fromnj, Aug 16, 2018
  3. CindyA221 Win User
    SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive

I purchased a SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive which is still in the package. However, when I got home I noticed that it's compatiblel up to Windows 8. I'm running Windows 10 and wonder if it will work. I'd like the answer before I unpackage the flash
    drive.

cja

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

CindyA221, Aug 16, 2018
  4. How can I take my SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 256GB thumb drive offline (to allow HyperV VM access)?

sandisk ultra flair usb 3.0 flash drive

Hi 0503vic14, I am Rob, a volunteer and a 10 time and dual award MVP specializing in Windows troubleshooting and Bluescreen analysis.

Sandisk Ultra Flair USB 3 comes with SanDisk RescuePRO <-- read this link

http://www.lc-tech.com/pc/sandisk-rescuepro-and...

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

You need to be logged into an Admin Account.

Navigate to the drive File Explorer's left pane Right Click on it and Run as Administrator.

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

How can I take my SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 256GB thumb drive offline (to allow HyperV VM access)?

1. How can I take my SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 256GB thumb drive offline (to allow HyperV VM access)? - Similar Threads - SanDisk Ultra USB

2. USB thumb or portable drives take forever to load.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB thumb or portable drives take forever to load.: I just bought a Dell G15 laptop with windows 11 preinstalled. I have managed to get USB 8GB thumb drive to open up after a long time. On one occasion it took 13 minutes to open up. My other USB thumb drives 32/64/128/256 GB remain loading till I just close and remove the...
  3. USB thumb or portable drives take forever to load.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB thumb or portable drives take forever to load.: I just bought a Dell G15 laptop with windows 11 preinstalled. I have managed to get USB 8GB thumb drive to open up after a long time. On one occasion it took 13 minutes to open up. My other USB thumb drives 32/64/128/256 GB remain loading till I just close and remove the...
  4. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb Thumb Drive: Earlier today my thumb drive was working fine but now when I plug it in to view it it only shows up in files for a few seconds then disappears. In devices it says that it is connected but won't let me view files. I also tried it on a chrome book but would not work. Any ways...
  5. Usb Thumb Drive

Usb Thumb Drive: Earlier today my thumb drive was working fine but now when I plug it in to view it it only shows up in files for a few seconds then disappears. In devices it says that it is connected but won't let me view files. I also tried it on a chrome book but would not work. Any ways...
  6. Sandisk USB Thumb drive not working

Sandisk USB Thumb drive not working: Copy of log from Event Viewer:Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 1/15/2022 9:00:00 AM Event ID: 430 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-CVMQ4QC Description: Device...
  7. Sandisk USB Thumb drive not working

Sandisk USB Thumb drive not working: Copy of log from Event Viewer:Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 1/15/2022 9:00:00 AM Event ID: 430 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-CVMQ4QC Description: Device...
  8. Sandisk USB Thumb drive not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. How can I recover my thumb drive

How can I recover my thumb drive: Thumb drive used to work well before and then didn't use it for a while. But now that I insert it the machine doesn't detect any communication sound or error and I can't format it anyway....
  10. Sandisk Ultra Dual Drive M3.0

Sandisk Ultra Dual Drive M3.0: I just purchased this USB stick today. When I start to run it on the computer it is giving me directions to follow a folder link that is not on the usb stick. The packaging tells me that I need a down load from the site but I cannot locate the drive I need. If I cannot get...