Windows 10: How can I tell if my laptop fan is working properly?

Discus and support How can I tell if my laptop fan is working properly? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop seems hotter than normal. How can I test to see if the fan is running properly? I guess I should also ask what the core temperature should be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nisko, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Nisko Win User

How can I tell if my laptop fan is working properly?

My laptop seems hotter than normal. How can I test to see if the fan is running properly? I guess I should also ask what the core temperature should be - and ask hot find out what it is? Thank you........

:)

Nisko, Jun 23, 2017

2. how can i tell if my memory card is damaged

thanks for that -

will give it a go and see what happens -

How can I tell if my laptop fan is working properly? :)

edwardoh---01, Jun 23, 2017
  3. how can i tell if my memory card is damaged

Hi the contacts will be stored on the phones memory or the sim memory.. so you should be ok.. try formating it from your phone or PC that should work

jonas_smith_uk, Jun 23, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Laptops generally run hot. Be sure to keep the bottom well ventilated (ie) don't use it on a carpet, bedspread, or glass table. Consider a Laptop Cooling Pad
    To check the temperatures, download RealTemp This will tell you if your computer is running hot. For processors, a temperature of higher than 70 degrees Celsius (158 F) is worrisome. A temperature of over 80 degrees Celsius (176 F) is a sign that you should immediately stop using the laptop.

spunk, Jun 23, 2017
  5. Hydrate Win User
    I can confirm I have purchased the Havit laptop cooling pad with 3 fans spinning approx. 1000RPM - it works like a charm. Especially on my laptop with some extra hardware.

Hydrate, Jun 23, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    Hi there, Nisko. As anything with fans, they get dusty. Get a can of air and blow it out. If you don't think you're capable, take it to a computer shop. Should be cleaned at least once a year, depending on the amount of use.

Tony K, Jun 23, 2017
  7. Nisko Win User
    I installed RealTemp. I have four cores. One of them goes from 72C to 83C. The other cores are all a little lower - average around 75C. I blew out the innards - but the temp didn't appear to change. I'll look into a cooling pad - but I use a docking station and it might not work. Perhaps I should remove the bottom and battery and blow out the innards directly (I just used the vents before). Any other suggestions? I thought there was some software that showed - or allowed the user - to control the fan speed.

Nisko, Jun 23, 2017
  8. Hydrate Win User

There is a software known as http://download.msi.com/uti_exe/vga/MSIAfterburnerSetup.zip

Certain compatible systems allow you to adjust fan speed.

Try it out and see if Settings > Fan > Turn on manual fan-control > Start adjusting your fan-curve.

Hydrate, Jun 23, 2017
  9. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Jun 24, 2017
  10. Nisko Win User
    Thanks - looks interesting. However, is there a way to install without the extension?

Nisko, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I tell if my laptop fan is working properly? - Similar Threads - tell laptop fan

2. My Brightness up key is not working properly, how can I fix it on my new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Brightness up key is not working properly, how can I fix it on my new laptop: my keyboard brightness up key is being strange. So at full brightness if I press it, it drags my brightness to 20%. The brightness down key works as expected. If I am at the lowest brightness the brightness up key works until it hits 20%. If I click the settings pannel and...
  3. My Brightness up key is not working properly, how can I fix it on my new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Brightness up key is not working properly, how can I fix it on my new laptop: my keyboard brightness up key is being strange. So at full brightness if I press it, it drags my brightness to 20%. The brightness down key works as expected. If I am at the lowest brightness the brightness up key works until it hits 20%. If I click the settings pannel and...
  4. fan not working properly on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fan not working properly on windows 11: i've been facing this issue for the past week, at first my fan run erratically and then at one time it doesnt turned on. i've cleaned all the dust on my device at on point it work, but must of the times it just silent/not running the fan. are there some issue with the os...
  5. fan not working properly on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fan not working properly on windows 11: i've been facing this issue for the past week, at first my fan run erratically and then at one time it doesnt turned on. i've cleaned all the dust on my device at on point it work, but must of the times it just silent/not running the fan. are there some issue with the os...
  6. Laptop CPU fan making noise and probably not working properly...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop CPU fan making noise and probably not working properly...: My 8 year old HP Envy dv7 laptop still works fine, although the flex cables, connectors, etc. inside are weak both due to age related wear & tear, as well as the fact that I have opened my laptop a few times which I hate to do given how difficult they have made it.Since last...
  7. how can i tell if my stolen laptop was reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can i tell if my stolen laptop was reset: hello my laptop was stolen 6 days ago so it tried to locate it using "Microsoft find my device " and I found my stolen laptop under the 'my device list ' and I clicked locate but it said that my laptop was on 0% and it was last located in India yet I live in southern...
  8. Can I Replace My Laptop Fan?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can I Replace My Laptop Fan?: My Laptop is a 2015 Windows 10 HP BeatsAudio 8gb RAM and Pavilion 17. The fan has been roughly loud and annoying lately getting noisy for absolutely no reasons. No viruses and it has been cleaned thoroughly....
  9. How can I tell if the proxy is working properly?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I tell if the proxy is working properly?: How can I tell if the proxy is working properly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-can-i-tell-if-the-proxy-is-working-properly/9a1c409a-3ce8-49c2-a1cb-b4622ba03b8f
  10. How can I tell.....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I tell.....: How can i tell if I have actually upgraded to the free upgrade to 10 pro; or whether I am still running the last insider version of 10240? I used the dvd/usb tool from the microsoft store to transfer the iso for 10 from the media creation tool to setup files and ran the setup...