Windows 10: How can I tell.....

Discus and support How can I tell..... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can i tell if I have actually upgraded to the free upgrade to 10 pro; or whether I am still running the last insider version of 10240? I used the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Matt Siegel, Jul 29, 2015.

1. How can I tell.....

How can i tell if I have actually upgraded to the free upgrade to 10 pro; or whether I am still running the last insider version of 10240? I used the dvd/usb tool from the microsoft store to transfer the iso for 10 from the media creation tool to setup files and ran the setup from my flash drive; but i cant tell if I actually got the upgrade or not.

:)

Matt Siegel, Jul 29, 2015

2. How can I tell if Defender is on?

Getting your Windows Defender icon at startup – along with an optional automatic Quick Scan and/or update, went from being easy to being a piece of cake with the method I developed in this thread (no download required):

Does Windows Defender autorun on startup in Windows 10...

Here’s the original thread:

Is Windows Defender Icon Supposed to be in System Tray?

GreginMich, Jul 29, 2015
  3. How can I tell if Defender is on?

Original Title: Defender

How can I tell if Defender is on? I see no icon as I did with Windows 7.

WilliamParmenter, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

How can I tell.....

They are the same. Both are build 10240.

Ztruker, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Really? both are the same? I thought it was different in terms of some changes in design, etc.

Matt Siegel, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Despite both of them being the same, is there a way to tell whether I'm running the upgrade or the insider preview? I looked up my key and it's the insider key, despite me doing the upgrade on my Windows 8.1 system. Any insight would be deeply appreciated. Thanks!

CrimsonKing, Jul 29, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Good question. I did the upgrade from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and my installatyion key is the generic Windows 10 key.
    Windows 10 is now activated and it is not an Insider system.

What the heck is going on here?

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2015
  8. How can I tell.....

Thanks for the insight, Ztruker. Did you happen to join the Insider Program at some point? I ask because I had a dual boot system--Windows 8.1 Pro and Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10240 on a second partition. I didn't opt out of the program, either. I dual-booted just to test it. My concern is also whether or not that plays a part--my MS account. When I did the update, I deleted the Insider Preview partition and removed it from the boot sequence, too.

CrimsonKing, Jul 30, 2015
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Jul 30, 2015
  10. CrimsonKing, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How can I tell.....

1. How can I tell..... - Similar Threads - tell

2. .NET Framework is supposedly already installed but applications tell me I need to install it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Framework is supposedly already installed but applications tell me I need to install it: I have already installed net framework 8.1 but when i try to run an app it asks me to install it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework-is-supposedly-already-installed-but/3d3165e5-8a85-4324-8bb8-242e9a2c6a25
  3. .NET Framework is supposedly already installed but applications tell me I need to install it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET Framework is supposedly already installed but applications tell me I need to install it: I have already installed net framework 8.1 but when i try to run an app it asks me to install it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework-is-supposedly-already-installed-but/3d3165e5-8a85-4324-8bb8-242e9a2c6a25
  4. .NET Framework is supposedly already installed but applications tell me I need to install it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate...: I built my PC in 2019 and activated windows 10 with a product key I bought. I had no issues until I recently upgraded my CPU. The activate windows watermark came back so I went into the troubleshoot settings of activation and clicked I recently upgraded parts of this PC and...
  6. My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate...: I built my PC in 2019 and activated windows 10 with a product key I bought. I had no issues until I recently upgraded my CPU. The activate windows watermark came back so I went into the troubleshoot settings of activation and clicked I recently upgraded parts of this PC and...
  7. My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate...

8. Can someone tell me what this update is and why I cant click on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone tell me what this update is and why I cant click on it: This update box keeps popping up then disappears only to come back in hourly intervals. as you can see, it is semi transparent and no mouse clicks or keyboard combinations allow me to press the details button before I update what ever it is. Can anyone offer suggestions on...
  9. Can someone tell me what this update is and why I cant click on it

Can someone tell me what this update is and why I cant click on it: This update box keeps popping up then disappears only to come back in hourly intervals. as you can see, it is semi transparent and no mouse clicks or keyboard combinations allow me to press the details button before I update what ever it is. Can anyone offer suggestions on...
  10. Can someone tell mw what this update is and why I cant click on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone tell mw what this update is and why I cant click on it: This update box keeps popping up then disappears only to come back in hourly intervals. as you can see, it is semi transparent and now mouse clicks or keyboard combinations allow me to see the details button before I update what ever it is. Can anyone offer suggestions on...